• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Yc172

Red Wings + Journey = ?

Rate this topic

After the wings won the cup, some radio stations were playing an awesome mix of Ken Kal's last second call and the Journey song "Don't stop believing". Does anyone know where i can find this audio clip. If you haven't heard it before, its amazing.

Pretty cool. I really wish I got Ken + Mick for the playoffs, the CBC and NBC announcers are really not great.

I don't know how you could say they are not great... I think they are the best.

very cool. while i don't hate the national announcers as much as some (it's actually kind of fun to make fun of mike emerick) i really wish ken daniels did the pxp for the playoffs. very cool that ken cal got that last call. good stuff.

on an only-slightly-related note, i've looked long and hard for the audio of dan dickerson's call of justin verlander's no hitter, particularly the double play that was turned late in the game. obviously that's baseball, but that was some of the most stirring play by play announcing i've ever heard. it's the kind of stuff that you'll ONLY get from local sports coverage because national broadcasters get paid to be neutral (or at least try to be). as much as i wouldn't want to hear that if i were a pens fan, it's great when the announcer is on your side. :thumbup:

I don't know how you could say they are not great... I think they are the best.

CBC's people are alright and Jim Hughson is one of my favourites (time for Bob Cole to hang up the mic, though). But I really don't like the way NBC handles its coverage of hockey on the whole. My statement about CBC's not being great is because of how uninterested I thought they sounded after the Cup win, and the only good part about NBC is Doc Emrick (DRIVE!!!).

Give me my homerish FS-D broadcast team any time, and I say that as someone living in the Leafs market :P

Edited by ComradeWasabi

I remember they played it during game 5, and the whole crowd sung it (at least the South Detroit part), then Pitt scored. :(

I remember hearing people sing that part, whenever they played it at games when I was little. Those were the days.

I like the "Hey man nice shot" from the mid 90s......

I like that song myself until my friend introduced me to the actual inspiration behind the song.... now even with the wings overlay i can't get the images out of my head.... yet i can't turn away either if the clips are on... :lol:

I like the FSN Detroit crew too...But i am worried about the games (Playoffs) being broadcast on FSN+ which I dont get...would really stink to find out that the Wings are gonna make thier playoff run on FSN+ and i wont be able to see a single game!!!! unless CBC has it on!!!!

I remember they played it during game 5, and the whole crowd sung it (at least the South Detroit part), then Pitt scored. :(

I remember hearing people sing that part, whenever they played it at games when I was little. Those were the days.

A friend and I were talking about that song and how working in bars we are completely sick of it because people play it so much.

Furthermore, she was asking me where the hell is South Detroit? What are these people, from Ohio?

Southfield is north of Detroit, and south of Detroit is water and Canada. WTF?

Oh, and that song would have been WAY better is they had only faded the announcer clips in and out and kept the music going the whole time.

I remember them playing this song just before Darren Helm brought in the Stanley Cup to his hometown rec center last July. I thought to myself this song is fitting for the occasion & after went home & downloaded it! The song kinda sums up Helm's determination in his career...always an underdog ,but always making it to play in the big game.