• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wingaling

Getting sick of "Ovie's" goal celebration's

Rate this topic

I just throwing this out there...Every goal Ovie scores now, wich I used to like about him has now gotten annoying. That #1 this he does is Jagar type s*** and pretty lame in my opinion. I like the players that score even the most georgous goals and dont react like it was a seventh game overtime winner. Like Dats anf Hank for example.

Not everyone had role models like Stevie Y and Lidstrom to teach them how to be professional like our guys. OV wants to show emotion let him, if it turns into taunting our showing up other players than it would start to annoy.

Sid, is that you!?

haha, just kidding. but i do agree to some degree. When he scores really big goals, i think its appropriate. But sometimes, he goes a little too extreme. All in all though, I think it's awesome to see how much he LOVES to score. And in the playoffs last year, i thought it was awesome how the entire Caps team celebrated goals. They just get so excited.

That goal would've been a highlight reel no matter who scored it. It just happened to be Ovie. It was entertaining to watch. I will never get sick of watching someone who has that much enthusiasm for the game no matter who they are.

Guest micah

I'd rather see Dats and Z take lessons from Ovy than vice versa. Dude is better and younger than either of our guys is, he also isn't afraid to yap and hit and get under his oponents skin. That's an element of the game that neither Dats or Z posess.

How about this....who cares? The Wings play the Caps once a year. If he wants to celebrate his goals, let him. How does it affect us?? It doesn't. Plus, that guy is so good, he can celebrate his goals any way he wants to. Just like another poster said, not everyone is going to be an Yzerman, a Datsyuk or a Zetterberg and have minimal, modest goal celebrations. It's his choice...he's a young, energetic guy, and he loves hockey. I say good for him. I'd have no problem with him scoring like 60 goals and celebrating each and every one of them...especially if he was wearing a Red Wings jersey and taking a hometown discount salary of like $6 mil a year to do it. lol

There's nothing "unprofessional" about it, IMO.... Showmanship is a great and important part of sports and competition.... Celebrating like Datsyuk, Zetterberg, or Yzerman is modest and classy, sure... but that's because of the kind of people they are, Ovechkin celebrating every goal as ecstatically as he does doesn't make him any less professional.....

That goal would've been a highlight reel no matter who scored it. It just happened to be Ovie. It was entertaining to watch. I will never get sick of watching someone who has that much enthusiasm for the game no matter who they are.

I agree. It's not like he's taunting anyone. He just loves the game that much.

I think its nice to see someone in the game who genuinely gets excited when he plays and it probably helps out his teammates to get riled up as well...Its pretty cool to see a Russian who's not stone cold serious all the time (along with Datsyuk :P)

I just throwing this out there...Every goal Ovie scores now, wich I used to like about him has now gotten annoying. That #1 this he does is Jagar type s*** and pretty lame in my opinion. I like the players that score even the most georgous goals and dont react like it was a seventh game overtime winner. Like Dats anf Hank for example.

Like Pavel's PP goal against Anaheim. Doesn't even lift his stick up. I prefer that to the whole kneeling and blasting off fist-first like Superman.

I'd rather see Dats and Z take lessons from Ovy than vice versa. Dude is better and younger than either of our guys is, he also isn't afraid to yap and hit and get under his oponents skin. That's an element of the game that neither Dats or Z posess.

Dats can get physical when he wants and is pretty effective at it, but OV is younger so I guess you win this round, Salesman.

Maybe you hate it because you see him doing it SO often! :)

I don't hate him or Crosby, but one thing that annoys me about Crosby-haters is that they have no problem fluffing the other media darling. It's not bold to cheer for one superstar over another.

Hey look at me everyone, I scored a goal! Kinda "spoiled brat"...just my opinion though.

The goal against Montreal last week, where he was on his knees and gesturing towards himself, I thought that was a definite "look at how sweet I am" move, and I don't really like that. That's where it crosses the line from genuine enthusiasm to showing off. In general, I have no problem with his usual--throwing himself against the glass, jumping around acting like the next contestant on The Price is Right, etc.

I wouldn't want our guys to be like that though--one of the reasons we're so successful is because we stay on an even keel and don't get down on ourselves when things aren't going well. The flip side is that you don't get too up when things go right, but that's a necessary evil IMO.

While I do like sportsmanship, don't forget showmanship. Ovie is that good that I feel he has earned that right to be ecstatic, but I agree it can be overdone sometimes. Whats wrong with some enthusiasm and some bragging; what else would we discuss in between playoffs?

You know it's funny cause I started a thread a while ago about how I loved Hossa passion that came out when he scored goals. Much like Ovechkin or Malkin. It seemed like every single poster in that thread agreed that they loved the passion. That is what I see when I see Ovechkin. It's not a basketball or football type of taunting and cockiness. It's more of a desire to win. It's a passion for scoring goals and helping your team win games.

Truthfully, I'd love to see Datsyuk take some of that "cockiness" with him when he scores goals like Ovie or Hossa does (or should I say used to). You can tell it's just not a Red Wings thing though. Hell, look at Hossa, even he's kind of lost that flair after scoring goals. Now after he scores a goal he just turns around and looks for his teammates.

If I saw Ovie pulling out Sharpies and pulling dumb sh*t out of his hat just to be an assh0le than yes, I would agree. There is nothing I hate more than watching a football player accidentally tripping the QB and then going around like he just won the Super Bowl all on his own.... But I just don't see that in Ovie.

Hey look at me everyone, I scored a goal! Kinda "spoiled brat"...just my opinion though.

except he's the best goal scorer in the league, and he's earned it. i have no problem with ovie...i wish our players would show more enthusiasm at times.

QFT!

He loves the game..... yeah thats really something to be "sick of".

The only problem I have is the obvious double-standard that exists between him and Crosby.

If Crosby jumped around after a goal like that, he'd be blasted for being a hot dog before he even got back to the bench.

The only problem I have is the obvious double-standard that exists between him and Crosby.

If Crosby jumped around after a goal like that, he'd be blasted for being a hot dog before he even got back to the bench.

What do you mean? Crosby and Malkin (Hossa used to) show JUST as much enthusiasm after scoring goals. Well, maybe not AS much but damn near close to. You see Crosby or Malkin score big goals and they go slamming into the boards all the time, screaming at the fans. Truthfully, it's something I like about all 3 of those players.

Like I said last page, there's nothing I hate more than football players making a simple tackle and going off and freaking out like they just won the Super Bowl on their own. This is not what Ovie, Malkin, Hossa or Crosby are doing. They're showing passion and there is nothing wrong with that.

It's something Hossa has kind of stopped doing and I miss it. I wish he'd go back to being more passionate when he scored and I wish Dats would take after Ovie in that aspect a little more.