• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BeeRYCE

Future HOF'ers of the new NHL?

Rate this topic

Yes, you read the thread... This is a topic of what players in the NHL you think will make the Hall of Fame, with one twist... They had to of started their career in 05/06 or later. In simpler terms, which current player do you think will make the HOF that hasn't played in the "old" NHL?

I'll name off some guys...

Sidney Crosby

Jonathan Toews

Patrick Kane

Alexander Ovechkin

Dion Phaneuf

Drew Doughty

IMO, those are the only guys, but that's why it is a discussion... Bring up other dudes and make some cases.

Kopitar I think will have a very good chance with the way his team is shaping up, but I do think it's too early for Doughty though to be honest.

Malkin should be added to the list.

Mike Green as well.

I don't know about Kane or Toews as well. They might end up in the hall of very good.

Edited by Konnan511

I was intentionally thinking of guys who have already started playing, but I guess we could think of soon to be NHLers like Tavares and TAYLOR HALL. Getzlaf I was thinking of too, and Parise... I can't see slowing down. I completely forgot Malkin though.

Just for Ks n' Gs I'm going to throw Kindl into the mix as he should become a Mike Green type player and he could put up some great numbers QB'n some legit PPs.

Kindl will be lucky if he sees a regular NHL roster spot at the age of 23. If you're counting on him being in the HHOF because of production, he needed to already have his NHL feet wet by now.

Green is already in the record books. On production alone, he'll probably get a Norris nomination this year (sadly), and at 23 is already the best goal scoring defenseman in the game. He'll probably get his 50th NHL goal this year. It'll have taken Lidstrom at least 50 more games to hit that mark than Green, and hes just hitting his stride.

Phaneuf and Green are flashy Dmen, and I think that will earn them recognition and awards alone. Kane started at 18, and began producing at that age as well, so I think he has a better chance than Getzlaf and definitely better than Parise who will be 25 in the off-season. Malkin, Crosby, and Ovechkin are no-brainers.

In terms of random choices, I'd take Doughty, Steve Mason.

Also, I'm surprised no ones mentioned Backstrom.

Something like this is so hard to predict. I mean a lot of these standout productive players could have career ending injuries or ailments. Where would that put them then in hockey history?

I could only predict:

1. AO

2. Malkin

3. Mike Green

4. Phaneuf

5. Kopitar

6. Stamkos

7. Toews

8. Kane

9. Crosby

10. Shea Weber

Mike Richards.

Amen to this... This guy is going to be nothing but a beast his whole NHL career. A leader, responsible in the own end, and offensive producer. Nothing but great things to happen in his career.

Ovechkin and Crosby are givens. I could definately see Phaneuf in there after he wins a couple of Norris Trophies. And I'm agreeing with YoungGuns1340, if Steve Mason turns out to be the real deal instead of a 1 year wonder, then there's no way he doesn't make it.

There's no reason to say he will be a one year wonder... A 20 year old kid that already had potential who already proved himself on a team like Columbus.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Babcock...

(well... he started with us in 05-06... started coaching nhl in 01?)

Mike Richards was the first guy that popped into my mind. (Aside from Crosby, AO, Malkin) That's kind of tough to say, because it is too soon for some of these guys.

I could mention someone like Phil Kessel if he keeps improving, but he's just starting to break through this year. Way too soon.

Same goes for Setoguchi and Bobby Ryan.

How about Paul Stastny?