• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
waitahochiminute

Hossa & Franzen?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Rate this topic

What would it take to get both of these guys to sign? I know Hossa would have to a take huuuuge paycut in order to stay under the cap restrictions but what would that salary be? I would imagine Franzen would be taking a smaller salary as well...Just curious as to how small they would be. I have all the faith in Holland but is it all up to whether or not they would take a winning team discount?

Guest tini

I think that if hossa's heart really is with the wings we'll most likely keep hose and get rid of Franzen.

Speaking of Hossa and Franzen, we are inching to the trade deadline and no recent word. Has anyone heard anything?

I would answer you, if you removed that awful Pic from your profile. Those two with Wings Jersey's makes me sick. Everytime the dudes lips move 2 things happen. 1. Lies come out, and 2. The Stock Market TANKS!!!

I would answer you, if you removed that awful Pic from your profile. Those two with Wings Jersey's makes me sick. Everytime the dudes lips move 2 things happen. 1. Lies come out, and 2. The Stock Market TANKS!!!

Because you've heard something.

One will leave, guaranteed. The Wings have 10 million next season to spend on 6 players, 5 forwards, 1 goalie. Let's say Hossa takes Zetterbergs deal, 6 million a season long term. You have 4 million left for 5 players, that's about more or less 1 million a player. How is that going to work? Even if you gave Franzen a modest discount of 2.5, you'd have to find 4 players who would take the bare minimum salary. In summary, that's why Flipulla has to go :P

What would it take to get both of these guys to sign? I know Hossa would have to a take huuuuge paycut in order to stay under the cap restrictions but what would that salary be? I would imagine Franzen would be taking a smaller salary as well...Just curious as to how small they would be. I have all the faith in Holland but is it all up to whether or not they would take a winning team discount?

I can see Franzen doing the pay cut to stay on a team that has great chances to win however Hossa is going to be a rental player from now on. If he does not win with Detroit this year you will see him go to the highest bidder, which certainly will not be Detroit considering they have to try and keep Franzen and hopefully Ville Leino. I hope to God they do not let this young kid go, I think for sure he is a definite 2nd liner for the future.

Keep Franzen and Hossa would consequently result in letting Jiri Hudler and Mikael Samuelsson go.

Yes, I absolutely agree Hossa would take up to much money we would loose Hudler and hudler could be just as valuble as Hossa a few years down the stretc :sly: h

I would say that the chances of us being able to sign both Hossa and Franzen are very, very low. With Franzen now setting a new career best for goals scored in a season (28), his price tag will probably be somewhere around a $4 million/yr cap hit, and we already know Hossa will command somewhere between $6-7 million/yr cap hit, even with a discount. Ken Holland is smart enough to know that if he signs both of these players, he's going to have to part ways with Samuelsson, Hudler, probably Leino, as well as either Kronwall or Stuart (if his NTC could be waived), and maybe even someone like Filppula. I just don't think it's worth it. Two goal scorers won't fill the void caused by losing several solid contributors.

It's going to be tough, but I have faith in Holland like always.

If both guys want to be one a winning team, they know what they have to do on this Wings roster.

But it also leaves guys some of our 3rd & 4th line guys out of trouble, and I'm going to miss them... but they all can't last.

I sure as hell wouldn't miss Samuelson though that's for sure. God I hope he's one of the guys that are gone next season. :rolleyes:

He's a nice guy, good shooter, and for what we pay for him... it's nice. But that's just a personal perference of mine, heh.

One will leave, guaranteed. The Wings have 10 million next season to spend on 6 players, 5 forwards, 1 goalie. Let's say Hossa takes Zetterbergs deal, 6 million a season long term. You have 4 million left for 5 players, that's about more or less 1 million a player. How is that going to work? Even if you gave Franzen a modest discount of 2.5, you'd have to find 4 players who would take the bare minimum salary. In summary, that's why Flipulla has to go :P

Stuart is better to trade than Flip if possible. I'm sure you've seen one of my posts on the subject.

Trade Filps and Sammy during the Draft to get a higher pick, not that the Wings need anyone right away but get a higher pick and free up space than move Chelly because it sounds like he isn't going to retire Than trade Howard and keep Ozzie and Conks or don't resign Conks bring Howard up and move one more player to free up more space to keep Franzen and Hossa.

Keep Franzen and Hossa would consequently result in letting Jiri Hudler and Mikael Samuelsson go.

hudler is not a big loss we can replace him with leino anyway. leino is a god he was mvp of the finish sm-liga he was setting scoring records for helsinki jokerit. samuelsson is good though i would not like to lose any swedes. leino will definitely become a superstr tho he is pure class. the problem with hossa is that we are paying 7 million a year to a guy who does not get a point per game- if u watch him close i think he is still a bit rusty because he is holding onto the puck a bit too long, his assist are down. franzen on the other hand is a bargain if we can get a 30 goals per year guy for about 2 million, i will take this if we must lose hossa. in the end i do not think it will be a problem because lidstrom wants to go play in sweden in a couple years so kevin can go to school there so that will free up much cap space for ericsson when he becomes a god

hudler is not a big loss we can replace him with leino anyway. leino is a god he was mvp of the finish sm-liga he was setting scoring records for helsinki jokerit. samuelsson is good though i would not like to lose any swedes. leino will definitely become a superstr tho he is pure class. the problem with hossa is that we are paying 7 million a year to a guy who does not get a point per game- if u watch him close i think he is still a bit rusty because he is holding onto the puck a bit too long, his assist are down. franzen on the other hand is a bargain if we can get a 30 goals per year guy for about 2 million, i will take this if we must lose hossa. in the end i do not think it will be a problem because lidstrom wants to go play in sweden in a couple years so kevin can go to school there so that will free up much cap space for ericsson when he becomes a god

If we were going to sign Franzen for $2M signing Hossa would be so much easier. I would expect Franzen to get $3.5M -$4M in Detroit and closer to $5M on the open market. (Cap Hit)