• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Russian505

hilarious impression of Preds fans

Rate this topic

Guest Shoreline

Wow, what can I say? That was just pure ******* win right there.

Some of my favorites:

When cousin Tyler encouraged me to spread the word on Preds hockey today, I thought it was the best news since my sister told me her ****** works the same as girls that aren't related to me.

Because real whistles are now banned at the arena, we fans now turn our backs to our neighbor, pull down our pants and allow that person to make a loud, ear-piercing whistle by blowing into our assholes, causing us to uncontrollably scream in a high pitched manor. Directions on how to do this are printed on the back of every seat.

Not to mention one of the images they linked to..

trotzhumptybench.png

For example. When the Preds host the Red Wings of Detroit, you may feel the urge to say how much they "suck". Now, generally this term is used toward people or organizations who are below average or terrible at what they do, but for reasons only known to our Predator fan ancestors, we must tell them how much sucking they do. The Red Wings have made the postseason every year since the late 1800's, shortly before the arrival of Christopher Columbus, but despite this, they suck because they are elitist arogant f***heads. We hate them because they think we are stupid and have sex with our own family members, the latter of which simply doesn't happen nearly as often as one may think.
Edited by Shoreline

:rolleyes: Here we go again- mocking hockey fans in the south.

Someday we'll develop some kind of enclosed arena that can maintain ice in warm areas and allow people from anywhere in the world to enjoy the sport of hockey without accusations of ignorance based on their home town's average winter temperature.

I've got dozens of reasons to feel disdain toward the south- the ignorant molestation of science in Kansas schools being foremost among them, but having some hicks show up at hockey games certainly isn't one of them.

"Hockey is a quick and violent sport, made all the more complicated because you are freezing while playing it. The ice that you play on is typically colder than football and baseball fields, and if you are too large, there is a chance that you could fall through the ice and catch a cold. Worse yet, you could fall through and get eaten by a shark. You don't want this to happen because they don't let you back in the game if you are dead."

:D

Hilarious.

/possibly inB4 "that is unfair to the great nashville fans who support their team, we're not rednecks, etc etc"

Edit: Nevermind, Drake already came to the defense of the innocent prednecks.

Edited by Mors

You guys do know that once you get outside the I-96 corrider, Michigian is just as redneck as Tennessee is? The only difference is the accents.

Ever been to a game in Nashville? When the JLA adds flame throwers, country music, train whistles, and mullets to the typical fair I will stop making fun of the predators fans. Hockey games in Nashville are quite possibly the closest you can come to being at a monster truck show without having any trucks involved.

You guys do know that once you get outside the I-96 corrider, Michigian is just as redneck as Tennessee is? The only difference is the accents.

You know, as fun as it is to make fun of southerners, here is a true story from Litchfield, Michigan:

My father in law, shortly after a nasty divorce got a live-in new girlfriend. Things didn't work out with the girlfriend and the high school and college aged kids still living in his house protested. So my father-in-law kicked her out of the house, but she had no where to go, so she then began living in.... no joke... THE SHED. A 10'x8' aluminum shed, with it's barn-red peeling paint.

My wife and I were only dating at that time when I would leave the city (Royal Oak\Troy area) and visit her dad's 40 acre farm. It was the weirdest thing, having a human living in a shed. We didn't really like her and would shoot paintballs at the shed and her brothers and I would also urinate on it.

Ahhhh.... the memories.

Edited by Holmstrom96

have you ever been to Taylor? or should i say Taylortucky.

brutus

You know, as fun as it is to make fun of southerners, here is a true story from Litchfield, Michigan:

My father in law, shortly after a nasty divorce got a live-in new girlfriend. Things didn't work out with the girlfriend and the high school and college aged kids still living in his house protested. So my father-in-law kicked her out of the house, but she had no where to go, so she then began living in.... no joke... THE SHED. A 10'x8' aluminum shed, with it's barn-red peeling paint.

My wife and I were only dating at that time when I would leave the city (Royal Oak\Troy area) and visit her dad's 40 acre farm. It was the weirdest thing, having a human living in a shed. We didn't really like her and would shoot paintballs at the shed and her brothers and I would also urinate on it.

Ahhhh.... the memories.

So...I am not sure what you are saying here...are you claiming to be as redneck or not as redneck as the person living in the "shed" or the predator fans. It would seem to me that your case argument would lend more credibility to your affiliation with redneckism or redneckocity than against it even though you claim to "leave the city” to urinate on a building on a farm....not trying be an asshat here just trying to figure out what your intention was.

Frankly growing up and living in Ann Arbor makes me think anyone in Michigan outside of the US23-M14-I94 corridor is a redneck and there has been little to dissuade me. <- obvioulsy being an asshat here :P if you cant take a joke move on.

Do you think Mo-Cheese (arguably the most high profile Red Wings fan) is a redneck? -I sure do.

brutus

My wife and I think Barry Trotz looks like that villain Little Face from Dick Tracy.

We also think his name sounds like you have a stomach issue from eating poisonous berries.

"I've got a bad case of the Barry Trotz" lol

Guest Shoreline

When the JLA starts playing Tim McGraw's I Like It, I Love It (the Gaylord/Somme/whatever Center does it for obvious reasons), I become a Sharks fan. Otherwise, not half as redneck.

Edited by Shoreline

have you ever been to Taylor? or should i say Taylortucky.

brutus

Have you ever been to Charlotte? (Chartucky) People shop at walmart in their pajamas. They have an in-bred festival for god sakes!!!! I got a good deal on my house when I moved there. Should've done more research lol

I'm glad I read the whole thread before posting. Sincere thanks to Drake for stating the (what should be) obvious. There are rednecks everywhere, and I don't understand why there is a need to knock newer fans of the sport because of their location.

I live in the Bay Area, and have met many very knowledgeable fans here that came to love the game less than a decade ago. Is it a point of pride, being a Detroit expat, that I've been following it longer? Sure. Does that give me a reason to rub it in their faces when their love of the Sharks is just as genuine as mine for the Wings? Nope.

Also, it's a horrible stereotype. Everyone in TN is a hillbilly. By that logic I must be gayer than the day is long, living in San Francisco. God, I hope my wife doesn't find out! Wouldn't the Red Wings look fabulous in pink?

Anyway, to the OP. Relatively funny stuff, but it would've been funnier with just a dash of subtlety.

So...I am not sure what you are saying here...are you claiming to be as redneck or not as redneck as the person living in the "shed" or the predator fans. It would seem to me that your case argument would lend more credibility to your affiliation with redneckism or redneckocity than against it even though you claim to "leave the city” to urinate on a building on a farm....not trying be an asshat here just trying to figure out what your intention was.

Frankly growing up and living in Ann Arbor makes me think anyone in Michigan outside of the US23-M14-I94 corridor is a redneck and there has been little to dissuade me. <- obvioulsy being an asshat here :P if you cant take a joke move on.

Do you think Mo-Cheese (arguably the most high profile Red Wings fan) is a redneck? -I sure do.

brutus

Well.... I would say that I am not a redneck, but my earlier testimony\admission seems to counter that. This is my defense: because I was out on my father-in-law's 40 acre farm I became a redneck.

Pissing on a shed = redneck

Living in a shed that gets pissed on = more redneck than I am

Funny thing is that I hate NASCAR, but I love going to my father-in-law's and talking with him, while drinking beer, and watching NASCAR, and I actually enjoy it, but I'd never watch it or drag racing back at home in Warren.

I've got a quad (4 wheeler) too, but I also keep that out at the father-in-laws.

So, I guess I'm a part-time redneck!

As a Detroit transplant now living in Nashville I’m all for the good nature jabs at the Predators. Although I don’t support the team and am fully aware of the shortcomings of some of their fans, lumping everyone together as a band of rednecks is not cool.

It pisses me off when I go back to Michigan and my family jokes about living in the south and whether or not I'm driving a tractor and how many horses I own, etc. Believe it or not, the south has progressed since the Civil War.

Can someone please post that "Not this s*** again" picture..

Ugh.

We get it, all Southerners are sister banging, gun toting, tractor driving, toothless idiots. Thanks so much for your opinions.

Thanks so much, now please get back to solving Detroit's problems. Sorry our problems can't be as interesting as double digit unemployment, bankrupt auto makers and a mayor that can't keep his dick in his pants.

That's all for now, I have to go shower myself in FAYGO and watch 8 Mile on DVD.

I'm glad I read the whole thread before posting. Sincere thanks to Drake for stating the (what should be) obvious. There are rednecks everywhere, and I don't understand why there is a need to knock newer fans of the sport because of their location.

I live in the Bay Area, and have met many very knowledgeable fans here that came to love the game less than a decade ago. Is it a point of pride, being a Detroit expat, that I've been following it longer? Sure. Does that give me a reason to rub it in their faces when their love of the Sharks is just as genuine as mine for the Wings? Nope.

Also, it's a horrible stereotype. Everyone in TN is a hillbilly. By that logic I must be gayer than the day is long, living in San Francisco. God, I hope my wife doesn't find out! Wouldn't the Red Wings look fabulous in pink?

Anyway, to the OP. Relatively funny stuff, but it would've been funnier with just a dash of subtlety.

As a Detroit transplant now living in Nashville I’m all for the good nature jabs at the Predators. Although I don’t support the team and am fully aware of the shortcomings of some of their fans, lumping everyone together as a band of rednecks is not cool.

It pisses me off when I go back to Michigan and my family jokes about living in the south and whether or not I'm driving a tractor and how many horses I own, etc. Believe it or not, the south has progressed since the Civil War.

Ugh.

We get it, all Southerners are sister banging, gun toting, tractor driving, toothless idiots. Thanks so much for your opinions.

Thanks so much, now please get back to solving Detroit's problems. Sorry our problems can't be as interesting as double digit unemployment, bankrupt auto makers and a mayor that can't keep his dick in his pants.

That's all for now, I have to go shower myself in FAYGO and watch 8 Mile on DVD.

:clap:

this coming from the guy with Texas as his avatar.

I am sure things like this happen at other arenas, but my sister went to a Nashville game last year and she took a picture of the guy in front of her. Shirtless, with a very hairy back. He shaved part of it to have a players name. Totally gross.

Ugh.

The bolded is a pretty common stereotype. I have lived in the Detroit area my whole life and know the stereotype is common. I have also traveled to a lot of other states, including southern ones, including Tenessee. Life down south surely is different. People are not living life at a breakneck pace, knocking anyone and everyone out of their way to be first in line, first at the next red light (which by the way, no one is going to make it through anyway). They know their neighbors. They help their neighbors when they need it.They are not nearly as rude as northern folks. They certainly have more respect for others. They are more genteel in their manner, much less obnoxious and arrogant than northerners. If they see something that they disagree with , they are more likely to just observe and walk away, rather than feeling the entitlement to speak their mind, whether it's any of their business or not. Yes I like it down south. No I'm not moving down there (just yet....watching the economy). I choose to live in Michigan, for better or worse. No I don't care what you think. Why do people always have to have a comment? Are we all attention whores? Wearing our emotions on our sleeves? Better than everyone else? Egomaniacs with an inferiority complex?

Let's look at some of those stereotypes, anyway....

No sister banging going on in Michigan (Detroit in particular)? Check the sex offender list in your neighborhood.

Guns......yeah, there's no guns up here. right.

Outside of the cities there are a ton of tractors. If yo ever went outside the city limits, you'd know Michigan has farms. A lot of farms. In the cities up here, there seem to be more foreign cars lately. Hmmmmm.

Still toothless, just bought some dentures.

Idiots? Look deep. Look hard.

this coming from the guy with Texas as his avatar.

Point? There's plenty of parts of Texas that are as redneck as Michigan as well. Your location says you're from west Michigan. Ever spent any time in Allegan County? A lot of people there would be at home in the rural parts of the south.

BTW, in case anyone thinks the south as the market cornered on redneck behavior...

A Montague man faces trial for a double stabbing that happened at the funeral wake for the victim of a recent moonshine poisoning.

After a preliminary examination Tuesday in Oceana County's 78th District Court, Dennis Jerome Foust, 33, of 9587 Walsh, was bound over to 27th Circuit Court for trial on two counts of felonious assault and a misdemeanor count of domestic violence.

The incident occurred early Jan. 9 in a home in the 5800 block of West Hazel Road. Police said people had gathered for a funeral wake for Shawn Davila, 39, who died on New Year's Day from methanol alcohol poisioning. Davila died four days after drinking from a batch of homemade moonshine. Two other men were sickened, but survived.