• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
reyalp

Anyone go to a game in Nashville?

Rate this topic

takin a 5 hour trip to Nashville Saturday... I'm really excited because its the first road Wings game I'll be going to. If anyone on the boards is going you should let me know and we could have a beer together or something :). I'm section 117 Row J seat 14. Lower bowl.

You MUST MUST MUST go to Demo's while you are there. It's about 3 blocks away from the Sommet Center. They have the best steak in the world. Four steaks dinners and soda's is less than $60. Best you'll ever eat. Post back if you go and let me know what you think.

Now, for the game.

Nashville fans suck. They totally hate the Red Wings. The areana is nice.

Hope this helps.

I agree with vol865... Go eat at Demos', it is good!!! I should know, I work at a Demos' in Florence, Alabama. You will experience some superb food!!! If you go there you must try one of these 3 meals: 1) Any Steak dinner 2) Oven Baked Chicken 3) Pot Roast

All meals come with bread and your choice of soup or salad. I don't think you can smoke at the Demos' in TN, but I know we can smoke down here in Alabama :)

I will be at the game, not sure what section though yet.. I will be wearing my white Steve Yzerman jersey along with a white Detroit hat. I will probably go hang out at the bar closest to the entrance before the game starts and enjoy some draft beers.

I'm going to the game on saturday, and just kind of wondering what I should expect. My girlfriend got me tickets for christmas, and they seem to be pretty good...A row, corner, although in the preds end (sec 104 I think).

It's my first experience in a division rival's barn, so I'm curious about the atmosphere. We went to the panthers game, and there were so many wings fans it felt like home.

Also, any suggestions what to do during the day in Nashville?

Expect there to be lots of Wings fans there. The Preds fans will probably give you a hard time, but for the majority of them, its all in good fun.

If you have the time during the day, take a trip to the Jack Daniels distillery.

Expect at some point, for someone to tell you how bad Detroit sucks, but yet their team if the season ended today, would not qualify for a playoff spot.. They will act like its this blood rivalry, but yet Detroit wins 6 or 7 out of 10, and the Wings have beaten them twice out of 2 tries in the playoffs... If you can go in there with the attitude that you will laugh at their nonsense, you'll do OK. There are some rude rednecks though, I wont lie.

http://nashville.citysearch.com/

"Anyone been to a game in Nashville ?"

I'm pretty sure somebody must have been, I think I saw a couple guys in the seats when the Wings played there on TV. :blink:

Thank you, thank you, I'm here all week, try the veal, its great.

Im leaving for Tenn. today to stay with my girl's parents for a few days. I won't have internet access so if any of you guys going want to try to meet up, email me at etbrandt <at> sprint <dot> blackberry <dot> net. That way I'll get it on my blackberry.

I think we'll be trying this demos place as well!

Edit--Oh yeah, we will be sitting in 113, row A.

Edited by heretic69

Taking the long trip tomorrow from Detroit to Nashville going to visit friends and go to the game Saturday... will be up in the 300's section on the corner with the all you can eat <<<people from MI love to eat and know how to eat it all.... will be in a Chelios jersey and buddy in Rafalski should be about 6 of us in Wings wear... We should all hold up the same sign or something... like LGW says Fire Bettman

I'll be there. Lived in the Nashville area since 97 and have only missed 2 Wings games at the Arena/GEC/Sommet Center :P .

heretic69, I wont lie, alot of the fans down here can be rough, and many truly believe the Red Wings are the NHL's worst team. But there are also alot of good, hockey-living fans here as well, so dont generalize about your experience based on a few idiots down here. Overall, its a great city with a great atmosphere.

Demo's is a great place to eat. And I cant remember the name, but there's a pretty good pub right off Music Row.

Nashville is a GREAT place to go for a game. Done it a couple times and once while my wife and I were on vacation we went to see the Preds play the Sharks. The nightlife around the Sommet Center is awesome after a game. Lots of bars and food. Honky Tonk bars, BB Kings place up the way, and awesome BBQ. If you're staying overnight before you leave I suggest touring the Ryman Auditorium and you MUST eat at Jack's BBBQ, that place is truly Pig Heaven.

Word of warning----FANG FINGERS----you'll see what I mean

We went on 12/26 and the fans were loud, obnoxious, stupid rednecks who didn't know s*** about the game of hockey. The booed offside calls. They yelled YOU SUCK every 5 minutes (nice for two young daughters to hear). Overall it was a very uncomfortable experience due to being surrounded by idiots. Maybe some Preds fans know a little something about the rules of the game but all the people I could hear within a 50 foot radius didn;t know sqaut about anything that was happening on the ice.

We went on 12/26 and the fans were loud, obnoxious, stupid rednecks who didn't know s*** about the game of hockey. The booed offside calls. They yelled YOU SUCK every 5 minutes (nice for two young daughters to hear). Overall it was a very uncomfortable experience due to being surrounded by idiots. Maybe some Preds fans know a little something about the rules of the game but all the people I could hear within a 50 foot radius didn;t know sqaut about anything that was happening on the ice.

Fans are going to be loud and rowdy. Don't see the harm in that, and they can yell a million things worse than YOU SUCK. As long as they aren't verbally going just completely off the deep end or trying to start fights with people, let them have their fun.

And not everybody from the south is a redneck. Watch the generalizations.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan