• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
#1redwingfan

Best bang for your buck

Rate this topic

I have a question for all letsgowings members: Who is the best bang for your buck player in the NHL?

In a salary cap world, who is the best bargain player? Take into account their salary vs their stats and also the things you cannot calculate i.e. leaders, great team players, guys who are always willing to go into the corner and dig for the puck, etc.

The obvious choice would be guys like Versteeg, Ryan, Wheeler or which ever rookie with their entry-level contracts, but also think about the guys who are paid the bigger bucks.

Looking forward to your input.

Guest Shoreline
I have a question for all letsgowings members: Who is the best bang for your buck player in the NHL?

That's probably a question for the Between Periods forum.

In a salary cap world, who is the best bargain player? Take into account their salary vs their stats and also the things you cannot calculate i.e. leaders, great team players, guys who are always willing to go into the corner and dig for the puck, etc.

The obvious choice would be guys like Versteeg, Ryan, Wheeler or which ever rookie with their entry-level contracts, but also think about the guys who are paid the bigger bucks.

Looking forward to your input.

But yeah, entry level contracts are obviously the best, but also risky, which kinda goes into the reason behind the RFA/entry level system as it would make teams excessively overpay young players.

That's probably a question for the Between Periods forum.

Seriously? We shouldn't have an educated discussion about a players value in General Discussion? Meanwhile people are talking about how sick they are getting of Ovie's goal celebrations...

Seriously? We shouldn't have an educated discussion about a players value in General Discussion? Meanwhile people are talking about how sick they are getting of Ovie's goal celebrations...

sex joke :rolleyes:

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Sammuelson has to be in the top 10 for non entry-level contracts.

I'd take Gary Roberts anyday for what he's making

Mule, Z, Sammy, Hudler, Dats and Conklin would be on my list. I think Getlaf's contract is reasonable and there's a few more years on it left to go where I bet he'll perform as well or better than this year.

Going the other way i think those two clowns in New York are worst bang for your buck - Gomez and Drury.