• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NeverForgetMac25

2009 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

Rate this topic

Similar to last years thread, I'll be updating this thread as fast as humanly possible. Feel free to post any transactions (regardless of team) within this thread and I'll add it to the chart as quickly as I can.

I'm not expecting much on Kenny's end this year other than some depth up front and/or a possible spark to motivate and energize the club.

LAST UPDATED (3-4-2009, 5:43 PM CT)

March 4th, 2009

To TOR: (G) O. Kolzig, (D) Jamie Heward, (D) Andy Rogers, 4th Round Draft Pick - To TBL: (D) Richard Petiot

To EDM: (F) A. Kotalik - To BUF: 2nd Round Draft Pick

To EDM: (F) P. O'Sullivan, 2nd Round Draft Pick - To CAR: (F) E. Cole

To CAR: (F) P. O'Sullivan, , 2nd Round Draft Pick - To LAK: (F) J. Williams

To SJS: (F) T. Moen, (D) K. Huskins - To ANA: (F) Nick Bonino, (G) Timo Pielmeier, Conditional Draft Pick

To CHI: (F) S. Pahlsson - To ANA: (D) James Wisniewski

To PHI: (D) K. McLaren - To SJS: 6th Round Draft Pick

To CBJ: (G) K. Lalande - To CAL: 4th Round Draft Pick

To FLA: (D) S. Eminger - To TBL: (D) N. Welch, 3rd Round Draft Pick

To ANA: (F) E. Christensen - To ATL: (F) E. O'Dell

To BUF: D. Moore - To TOR: 2nd Round Draft Pick

To NYR: (D) D. Morris - To PHX: (D) D. Kalinin, (F) Nigel Dawes, (F) P. Prucha

To NYR: (F) N. Antropov - To TOR: 2nd Round Draft Pick, Conditional Draft Pick

To PHI: (F) D. Carcillo - To PHX: S. Upshall, 2nd Round Draft Pick

To PIT: (F) Bill Guerin - To NYI: Conditional Draft Pick

To BOS: (F) M. Recchi, 2010 2nd Round Pick - To TBL: (D) M. Lashoff, (F) M. Karsums

To CAL: (F) O. Jokinen, 3rd Round Draft Pick - To PHX: (F) M. Lombardi, (F) B. Prust, 1st Draft Round Pick

To ANA: (F) P. Nokelainen - To BOS: (D) S. Montador

To DAL: (F) B. Morrison - To ANA: Waivers

To TOR: (G) M. Gerber - To OTT: Waivers

To BUF: (G) M. Tellqvist - To PHX: 4th Round Draft Pick

To PIT: (D) A. Wozniewski - To STL: (D) D. Richmond

To CAL: (D) J. Leopold - To COL: (D) L. Nycholt, (D) R. Wilson, Draft Pick

To CBJ: (F) Antione Vermette - To OTT: (G) Pascal Leclaire, 2nd Round Draft Pick

March 3rd, 2009

To NJD: (D) Nicolas Havelid, (F) Myles Stoesz - To ATL: D Anssi Salmela

February 27th, 2009

To MTL: (D) Doug Janik - To DAL: (F) Steve Begin

February 26th

To PIT: ( F) Chris Kunitz, (F) Eric Tangradi - To ANA: (D) Ryan Whitney

TradesSinceFebruary2009.jpg

(Link to 2008 Trade Deadline Thread)

Guest mindfly

Ansar Kahn, who usually is pretty accurate says the following

Lunch with Ansar: Red Wings will pursue depth defenseman at trade deadline Don't expect the Detroit Red Wings to make a blockbuster deal at the trade deadline. Ansar Khan believes that the additions of Ville Leino and Darren Helm have bolstered the fourth line to the point that the Wings need no forward reinforcements, and will consider adding a depth player on defense.

The MLive Insider suggests that the Red Wings possess forward depth in spades, but may need to find a cheap, reliable defenseman given Jonathan Ericsson's chronic wrist and knee injuries.

"They'll be looking to add a depth forward or defenseman, but there's no urgency, and they have little cap room," Khan says during his Lunch with Ansar Q&A. "I highly doubt they'll trade anyone off their roster, either. Couple of weeks ago, I would have said they need to upgrade their fourth line. But Leino has eased some concerns there and I think they would feel comfortable with Abdelkader if they had to bring him up.

"But now I'm think it would be better to get a depth defenseman, someone who will compete for the No. 6 spot. But there's no need to give up anything more than a mid-round pick or fringe prospect."

Edited by mindfly

Ericsson? Kindl? thats enough depth.. i'd rather give it to them, then to a 30yo scrub

I'd rather not rely on untested youth going into the playoffs with the problems on defense our team has had this season. Losing a low pick for some solid defensive work for a few months won't be a bad thing.

Guest Shoreline

So the Pens suddenly believe now that they don't need defense or are they now doing a fire sale and giving up the playoffs?

Guest Shoreline
Kunitz is a pesky little f*****. I think he's a SoCal product too.

esteef

Those bastard Socal people! :ranting:

Pens are pretty desperate for a scoring winger, Kunitz is a good guy and solid as a rock defensively.

Not sure what the deal is with the Whitney move. Pronger is sitting around with a $6.25M/yr contract and Niedermayer has got $6.75M/yr, while Whitney has a hit of $4M for the next 4 years. I know Anaheim has got to try to re-sign everyone in the off season and Niedermayer will probably retire, and talk of Pronger being moved. Either the Ducks don't like Pronger anymore or they just don't think he's worth the extra $2.25 a year when Whitney is younger and has more years left on his deal. And if they don't move Pronger then they're still stuck in salary cap hell.

wow interesting move. i always liked whitney for some reason, its too bad hes on the ducks now. i had a feeling something would happen last night when i saw he was scratched for "personal reasons", or was it "personnel" :P ? anyways, hopefully kunitz sucks it up even more for the pens. i raelly think they are going for broke, i saw their HFboards and so many are hailing "tank for tavares"

I think both teams just got better (well Pittsburgh at least)....... Kunitz will suffice as a winger for Crosby and this increases their chances of the playoffs greatly IMO.... Still think the Ducks will miss, and of course I'll still be cheering for Pittsburgh to miss too.....

I'm gettin so excited for TD day! :lol: