• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NeverForgetMac25

2009 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

Rate this topic

I would like Pronger to go out east. That would make me happy, but Boston does look good with Pronger, Wideman, and Chara.

Could you imagine Boston pairing Chara and Pronger? The Wings would have to send out Hudler with Drapes and Pavel so that it would be impossible for them to deliver a hit without taking an elbowing penalty.

The Sharks could land Pronger at the trade deadline. Doug Wilson knows it's now or never to win the cup.

Now or never? The Sharks core is still pretty young. Plus, they don't have the cap room to acquire Pronger. Some significant salary would have to go the other way. I can't see Anaheim and San Jose making a trade of that magnitude.

Now or never? The Sharks core is still pretty young. Plus, they don't have the cap room to acquire Pronger. Some significant salary would have to go the other way. I can't see Anaheim and San Jose making a trade of that magnitude.

The salary cap is going down thanks to the economy. That's going to affect a team like the Sharks. It's now or never.

The Ducks aren't going anywhere this year or next. Trading inside the division should be the least of their worries.

Edited by Hopper15

Ericsson? Kindl? thats enough depth.. i'd rather give it to them, then to a 30yo scrub

Kindl? He's depth alright... he's so deep he's up to his neck defensively... This kid would get eaten alive in the NHL, let alone the playoffs. He's nowhere near ready.

I wouldn't be shocked, really. I'm more than willing to bet he's had at least 1 offer tabled that's better than this.

Ya. Mack, tell me if I'm wrong, but I heard that Burke already stated that he wants one serviceable, NHL ready player, a prospect, and a first rounder for Kaberle. Sounds kind of like he wants more than Boston offered.

Ya. Mack, tell me if I'm wrong, but I heard that Burke already stated that he wants one serviceable, NHL ready player, a prospect, and a first rounder for Kaberle. Sounds kind of like he wants more than Boston offered.

Yeah, he said the bare-minimum he would accept was a young NHL roster player, a top prospect and a 1st round pick......he also said he's waiting until Wednesday to make any moves in what is probably an attempt to try and get a last-minute desperation offer from somebody. There was also some talk that if Florida deals Bouwmeester, they would turn around and go after Kaberle, but we'll see.

Guest mindfly
The Trade: St. Louis sends Brad Boyes to Atlanta in exchange for Bryan Little.

The Punchline: The NHL has been desperate to attract the attention of top-flight celebrities. Michael Jackson will become very interested in hockey when he hears about the Little-Boyes trade.

The Trade: Detroit sends Jimmy Howard and a 2nd-round pick to Anaheim in exchange for Jonas Hiller.

The Punchline: It's been more than 20 years since I could make a timely Howard The Duck reference...and I'm getting a little impatient.

:hehe:

Dominic Moore expected to be shopped by Brian Burke at some point today.

Burke said he wouldn't shop Moore until he had given up on trying to re-sign him. Burke was on the radio about 40 minutes ago and said he would make a final attempt to re-sign him later today and would start taking offers if nothing comes of it.

Darren Dreger reports that Burke won't go any higher than $1.5-1.7 million per year, while Moore's side is offering what they call a "hometown discount" at just under $3 million per year.

There's little chance of compromise, so expect Moore to be moved by Wednesday.

I hope Boston gives up a depth dman and a 1st for Kaberle, that's some nice over payment, so they are weaker going into the finals :) and with that team I wouldn't want to make any big move especially moving a roster player.

Edited by ben_usmc

I hope Boston gives up a depth dman and a 1st for Kaberle, that's some nice over payment, so they are weaker going into the finals :) and with that team I wouldn't want to make any big move especially moving a roster player.

I hope Boston clones Kopecky about 25 times and fills their team with him.

I'd be happy to face them in the SCF then. ^_^

Tom Preissing just got waived by LA.

If he doesn't get claimed, Maybe LA will put him on re-entry and Detroit might take a look at him.

loved TP in San Jose... I wouldn't mind him in a Wings jersey at all.

Guest Shoreline
loved TP in San Jose... I wouldn't mind him in a Wings jersey at all.

Preissing, to me, just looked like a beneficiary of solid teams, like the Sharks and Senators. Put him on a struggling team and his performance really stands out. To me he just looks very overrated.