• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NeverForgetMac25

2009 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

Rate this topic

Just a quick reminder, Calgary still needs to clear cap space or this trade doesn't count.

Again, not true. A team can't be over the cap, even temporarily. If the trade's gone through, it means Calgary has done something else *already* to free up space.

I'm sorry but what did Calgary do that was SOOO great? Even people in the Calgary media and bloggers circle don't think throwing out 2 fowards for 1 was a smart idea. Even if that one forward is Jokinen. I just don't think they got THAT much better.
Nothing.

Have you looked at their lines? Their goaltending "depth"? Nothing screams Western final to me, let alone Cup champs.

Also nice to see the networks praising the Wings.

Our management.

How we retain guys we drafted [remember them?].

How no-one is on our level [yet].

And the fact that we are still the team to beat.

Weird. <_<

*insert sarcasm*

Just a quick reminder, Calgary still needs to clear cap space or this trade doesn't count.

I don't think that's correct. From what I understand, you can't make a move that puts you over the cap irregardless of whether or not you make a move later.

they said on TSN Tradecentre you cannot go over the cap with a trade and fix it later. It doesn't work like that.

If they went over the cap the trade is null in void. The league should check that before it went down so I don't think that is an issue.

Maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention, I thought I heard him say that the Wings are in negotiations with Hossa to get him locked up, and then said he thinks they won't do it.

I think your mind is subconsciously warping his words. He praised the entire management of the Wings and said he thinks they'll be able to re-sign Hossa and talked about how great their scouting and their prospects are.

The trades at this point have been submitted to the NHL but not approved... I believe

Edited by Shaman464

I dont understand why Florida kept meester

Because they still have a chance to make the playoffs, why would they dump one of their best players?

I dont understand why Florida kept meester

Either they figured he'd be too important to let go, and wouldn't make the playoffs without him, or the offers were low-balling Florida.

Of course, him might have already been traded, just not confirmed yet. I know TSN and everybody else under the sun is saying otherwise, but we'll know for sure at around 4-5 today.

Guest Shoreline
I don't think that's correct. From what I understand, you can't make a move that puts you over the cap irregardless of whether or not you make a move later.

AFAIK, besides your double negative use of "irregardless" (should be "regardless"), this is correct.

Edited by Shoreline

LAST UPDATED (3-4-2009, 2:36 PM CT)

March 4th, 2009

To CBJ: (G) K. Lalande - To CAL: 4th Round Draft Pick

To FLA: (D) S. Eminger - To TBL: (D) N. Welch, 3rd Round Draft Pick

To ANA: (F) E. Christensen - To ATL: (F) E. O'Dell

To BUF: D. Moore - To TOR: 2nd Round Draft Pick

To NYR: (D) D. Morris - To PHX: (D) D. Kalinin, (F) Nigel Dawes, (F) P. Prucha

To NYR: (F) N. Antropov - To TOR: 2nd Round Draft Pick, Conditional Draft Pick

To PHI: (F) D. Carcillo - To PHX: S. Upshall, 2nd Round Draft Pick

To PIT: (F) Bill Guerin - To NYI: Conditional Draft Pick

To BOS: (F) M. Recchi, 2010 2nd Round Pick - To TBL: (D) M. Lashoff, (F) M. Karsums

To CAL: (F) O. Jokinen, 3rd Round Draft Pick - To PHX: (F) M. Lombardi, (F) B. Prust, 1st Draft Round Pick

To ANA: (F) P. Nokelainen - To BOS: (D) S. Montador

To DAL: (F) B. Morrison - To ANA: Waivers

To TOR: (G) M. Gerber - To OTT: Waivers

To BUF: (G) M. Tellqvist - To PHX: 4th Round Draft Pick

To PIT: (D) A. Wozniewski - To STL: (D) D. Richmond

To CAL: (D) J. Leopold - To COL: (D) L. Nycholt, (D) R. Wilson, Draft Pick

To CBJ: (F) Antione Vermette - To OTT: (G) Pascal Leclaire, 2nd Round Draft Pick