• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NeverForgetMac25

2009 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

Rate this topic

I dont understand some of you people. Holland signs the biggest free agent in the offseason and he stands at the deadline and does nothing, and now some people curse his name. Understand there is a salary cap and they are capped out. People seriously need to chill the f*** out or turn in your colors and go root for the Thrashers, they have plenty of cap room.

well... San Jose picked up a few good players and they (travis moen, and kent huskins) can seriously improve their chances at winning the Stanley Cup - as much as i dont like to admit that.

i dont think that Calgary is the clear-cut winner today, they picked up a guy they've already had (and traded) before. and Jokinen.....well see! As for their rivals, the Oil, they made a good move to ship off Erik Cole - who obviously isnt the same player he used to be for a guy that can really do some good things for them in their playoff push. (as of right now, the Wings would play Edmonton in the 1st and i cant help but admit that the prospects of that match up make me feel a little uneasy).

Watching the game tonight is why I would've wanted Lapierere, but alas. We got good depth, I suppose. But this team faces a task none of the other teams have, raise the physical play as a team without a catalyst, lets hope they can do it!

San Jose, Chicago and Calgary will all be tough, we'll see how it turns out.

Guest Shoreline
At least moen and huskiens have a legitimate shot at getting another cup this year <_<

One cup and one cup finals loss. Not doing so bad if you're a Ducks fans. How many finals have the Sharks even been to?

Edited by Shoreline

I am glad Kenny didn't make a move today. We are supposed to get Homer back on Saturday and after he has been out we can feel like he is a trade deadline addition. The team has such great talent, both young and experienced. The decision to keep the train rolling for now without leveraging the future, which looks bright, was a great move and that is why Mr. Holland is the best.

Best trade was the Sens getting Leclaire and a 2nd round pick for Vermette....

Edmonton did quite well also

Worst, most bizarre trade was the Flyers getting Carcillo for Upshall and a 2nd :blink:

Winners and losers according to Ross McKeon:

San Jose Sharks and Detroit Red Wings

Speaking of the top two teams in the West – the Red Wings and the Sharks – both are winners in my book. And yes, I realize Detroit did nothing at all. The Wings didn’t have to. They made a subtle addition at the last deadline – Brad Stuart – and they made a huge signing in the offseason with Marian Hossa. They’re already a better team than the one that won the Cup last year.

Yahoo Article