• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Yzerman191

Red Wings looking at Roberts, Laperriere?

Rate this topic

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_dadd...ebutt,+innuendo

Not sure how reliable the guy is, but Puck Daddy, from Yahoo!, claims that the 'Wings are looking at Roberts or Laperriere as a Drake-like addition before the long playoff run:

The Detroit Red Wings are looking at both Ian Laperriere of the Colorado Avalanche and Gary Roberts of the Tampa Bay Lightning at the deadline. So who doubles-over in agony quicker: Penguins fans watching Roberts or Avs fans watching Lappy lift the Cup as a Red Wing?

Not sure how I'd feel about either. I can't really see how they'd fit in the roster. While it's true that Drake had a huge role last postseason, Helm and Leino both deserve a roster spot, IMO. Helm just provides too much energy to bench him, and Leino can score regardless of who he's paired with (as Babs said).

Anyways, take it for what it's worth. I wasn't sure whether this belonged here or the rumor mill.

There is no WAY roberts will be coming. Roberts absolutely hates moving locations and Pittsburgh was barely able to get him to go from Florida to Pittsburgh. No way he's gonna go anywhere again.

I hope not to either, neither are worth giving any other asset for, if anything we should be getting another good Dman to play with Lilja.

Lol it's wierd knowing we need Lilja on the D for sure, he has been great.

Edited by ben_usmc

There is no WAY roberts will be coming. Roberts absolutely hates moving locations and Pittsburgh was barely able to get him to go from Florida to Pittsburgh. No way he's gonna go anywhere again.

ummm pretty sure i watched the interview in the last week that he said he wanted to be traded

They'd bring a spark. If it takes more than a second round pick I say no.

With Helm and Leino we have a lot of energy and depth. If we don't sign a known brawler like the above names or someone like Neil, I believe we will still have the requisite amount of grit throughout the line-up to have playoff success.

Draper, Maltby, Sammy, Cleary, Helm, Kopecky can all contribute physically.

Guest NumbaSixty-Six
Both would be great additions. And like Wyshnski said, Roberts or Lappy lifting the cup over there head would be great for Pens or Avs fans to watch :D

Too bad you guys are going to bow out to calgary :P.

Lappy would be awesome. This guy kicks serious ass. You'd probably have to trade a pick and a prospect but you could do it since the Wings are pretty stacked in Grand Rapids and need to move some players anyways.

Edited by Zetterling

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

If Roberts come at a decent price we'd be a fool to not get him. Even with limited minutes he can be a game changer.

D-Z-H

Franzen-Hudler/Filpulla-Hossa

Sammy-Hudler/Filp-Cleary

Leino-Helm-Roberts

Know it will never happen casue draper would be on the team but that would be a fearsome lineup

Laperriere is a Drake clone, he plays with utterly no conscience which is what makes other players hyper-aware of his presence. He may take a run at anybody anytime which Maltby, Kopecky or others here now don't. I don't know about Roberts, yeah he has the fire but hardly the skating game the Wings employ. Of the two, if it was for a throwaway draft pick, Laperriere could be a intimidator/depth forward.

I agree that either of them would bring a spark that the team is missing...but I'm not really a fan of either of them. Maybe it's because I tend to hold grudges.

check the blog for more (link in the signature)

Edited by tingnoel

OK I saw this this morning on Spector's site

DENVER POST: Adrian Dater reports the Detroit Red Wings are believed interested in Avalanche forward Ian Laperriere as a playoff rental. The Wings are also believed interested in Tampa Bay forward Gary Roberts.

SPECTOR’S NOTE: Dater suggests any deal between the Wings and Avs involving Laperriere could be a long shot given the history between the two clubs. Laperriere would certainly be a better pickup for the Wings than Roberts, who has a great reputation but is on his last legs as an NHL player.

THoughts?

I wouldn't mind having Laperriere on this team. Roberts? No thanks.

I'm not really familiar with where each player is at right now, but doesn't Robert, even on his last legs, have more offensive upside than Laperriere? And he's got a mean streak (but not too goony), whereas we all know what Lappy is.