• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wings3:16

Top Ten Red Wings Goals (of the modern era)

Rate this topic

Modern era? seriously? With Ysebaert(sp)? My guess is, they just wanted to have a couple Stevie Y goals and they had to go back to that one.

I guess I would consider a "modern era" equal to 10 years or so, not 16+.

What exactly constitutes the Wings' "modern era" is a bit subjective.

Some possibilities of what could be considered the "modern" era:

1) since the last time the Wings missed the playoffs in '89-'90 (yes, Ysebaert was part of this era)

2) since '91-'92, which was Lidstrom's rookie year and the first of many years where the Wings were clearly an elite NHL team. Again Ysebaert was there.

3) since Yzerman's rookie year ('83-'84). This one is a bit debateable, as the Wings were no longer the "Dead Things", but weren't exactly top competition. Again Ysebaert was part of this.

4) Since Wings first recent cup ('97). Only bandwagon fans consider this to be the beginning.

5) Since Wings first recent trip to the finals ('95). See #4.

6) Since sometime after '97, which means that you are too young to remember any of #1-#5, or are a bandwagon fan.

I use the term bandwagon fan affectionately--no hard feelings. I am partial to #2.

How in the hell is Yzerman's double OT goal against the Blue's in the 1996 playoffs not on there??? That may be the most memorable Yzerman goal I can think of.

I was thinking the same thing I thought it would be in the top 5 for sure

While watching tsn's top 10, I was thinking of Fillipula's rendition of Bobby Orr's goal

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

I actually made at one time a top Keith Primeau goals tape, the old way with VIDEOTAPE...used to put it on and laugh because EVERY ONE he ended up on his ass.

How did Ozzie's goal not make it on there? Better than Maltby's for sure!