• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wingfan40

Red Wing scouts in ATL again

Rate this topic

It's not worth throwing away a player lik efilppula with contract just to get a player that probably only will play decent for a few months before leaving for sweden. my 2

I actually agree with this and the Wings would be foolish to accept a Havelid for Flip trade and I doubt they would consider it but if the Thrashers sweetened the pot with a top notch prospect and late pick or a high draft pick than they should consider it.

Guys guys guys, 3 million for Kari.

Simply put Jiri and someone would have to go for him, or Filppula.

Unless they were going to take Osgood, and then the wings would still have to swing another 1.4 million.

I am completely puzzled about this. There is nothing that I see there of value to us that we can get.

Kari is too expensive for a reclamation project.

The Wings have enough cap space in pro-rated salary to aquire Lehtonen, without having to dumb a roster player.

Now, do I think they're after him? No.

I definitely think the Wings are looking at Havelid.

I think they might try to move a defenseman and a pick for him, as the defensive logjam still exists. A solid core for next season would be.

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Lilja-Ericsson

Meech

Chelios will sign with another team, and I would propose that Lebda be moved.

It'd be better to hang onto Meech just because of his versatility. I don't necessarily think he's better than Lebda.

It's not worth throwing away a player lik efilppula with contract just to get a player that probably only will play decent for a few months before leaving for sweden. my 2

Not a chance in hell the Wings trade Filpulla for Havelid, if thats what it takes then it wont happen. Im guessing they can get him for a late pick.

It won't take Fil to get Havelid and if it did Holland would never make that trade. Havelid, by most reports, can be had for a prospect and a pick.

The Wings have enough cap space in pro-rated salary to aquire Lehtonen, without having to dumb a roster player.

Now, do I think they're after him? No.

And what about after tonight? :blink: I know they're thinking about how to solve the goalie problem. Can someone lay out how a Lehtonen deal would realistically work?

And what about after tonight? :blink: I know they're thinking about how to solve the goalie problem. Can someone lay out how a Lehtonen deal would realistically work?

It's going to happen!

IT's risky to pick up a goalie with injury problems and no good stats (bad team or no). You can't judge a goalie who plays on a bad team. All we know is he's not truly elite or else he'd be putting up good numbers despite (I.e. Luongo).

So at best we get a mediocre goalie for a bunch of talent? No thanks.

Apparently the flyers aren`t too worried. Here`s hoping he still comes to Detroit

``The Philadelphia Flyers appear to be focused on bolstering their goaltending position and are trying to acquire Atlanta Thrashers netminder Kari Lehtonen.

During last night's Hotstove segment of CBC's Hockey Night in Canada with Ron MacLean, Al Strachan, Mike Milbury and Pierre Lebrun, it was discussed that the Flyers were interested in landing Lehtonen for top-prospect James van Riemsdyk.

The Flyers would have to shed some salary in order to accommodate a trade and might need to include either Antero Niittymaki or Martin Biron. ``

Maybe the Wings are looking at Exelby and not Havelid (or Lehtonen). Exelby's only getting 1.3 million whereas Havelid is at 2.7 million.

Who knows, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

JvR for Lethonen is ******* retarded.

Every possible flyer move has JVR's name mentioned in it...why? Why are they willing to move a prospect with so much potential that they just drafted?