• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2/28 GDT: Red Wings 0 at Predators 8

Rate this topic

Guest Shoreline
We need a real fighter, definitely got worried seeing Lilja out there.

It's a bit too late for that now. Would have been far more useful at the beginning of the season.

Edited by Shoreline

PANIC. HOLES IN THEIR GAME. Just about every other team plays perfectly, never has a bad game, and plays a-ok in back to backs, always perfectly consistent, so the Wings need to step it up! It isn't like they just won the cup and are still fighting for the President's trophy again the following season.

Christ, listening to some posters I'd think the Wings absolutely suck.

Hehe.

Yeah, I guess I do expect a little more perfection from what I seen last season when basically comparing the same team. We had the same issues with the Pred's in the past.

To be honest, I still think the Pred's gave us the most trouble in the playoffs last year.

The wings always are able to get up for big games. They show up in the playoffs. Don't worry. This is just an ugly blip on the radar. It's done with. Just an off night + all the bounces going the other way. It happens to even the best teams.

OK, here's my boring and lengthy take on the events that transpired on February the 28th, 2009: Every once in a while you get sumo-slammed, it happens. Two years ago the Wings were having a great season, and San Jose came into town and demolished them 9-2. It was pretty bizarre and out of nowhere, but it happened, and there wasn't really anything to take away from the game because it was such an outlier.

I can agree, however, that this loss seemed to be a rather concise little window into the Wings defensive struggles this season. And while I don't condone it, when you see your team get up and play lights out hockey in a playoff atmosphere against a big time opponent, then turn around and score two goals in the next two games and give up nine, it's obvious they're both mailing it in and seemingly capable of playing better when they feel like it (although I'm still not sure about this Stuart-Kronwall pairing).

It sure hasn't just been this little three game set where this script has been played out, it's been a pattern that's been going on and off for 60 games now. When the Wings bring it they chase the opposition out of the building, when they don't they still usually find a way to win because they happen to be that much better than the other guys anyway.

The main reason it's unwise for a team that's playoff bound anyways to play in this manner is that it's putting the goalies in a bad place. Oz has obviously struggled something mighty and needs the team to be strong for him so he can get on a roll. Conklin has been better and sporadically impressed me in some big games but overall I'm not too high on him either. If getting Oz going is our best shot it behooves the Wings to play some solid hockey down the stretch instead of letting it remain a breakaway relay in their own end, and to get cracking on that before their goalie becomes a complete headcase.

I hear you say that often about how people dont agree with you they dont have intelligence, very nice. Very 4th grade of you.... Legionnaire was able to sound hockey smart when he actually wasn't. He would take bits and pieces he would read on the Preds board and Eklunds boards, come here and spew them, then take posts from here, and spew them on the Preds board, I know this because Ive seen it.. He tried talking about a team that doesn't get much coverage, so naturally there wasn't anyone here on the Wings board that would challenge what he said. Basically the guy was here looking for friends to chat with, I will admit living in the Nashville area myself, there arent many people to chat with about hockey, because not that many really follow the sport past the "casual fan" level. I know he was in the chat clique that acts like they know everything and run the show, Ive had a run-in with that one also...Dude was a ****** plain and simple, sorry that you buy into his junk..... Oh yeah by the way, he only had season tickets for one season, no Centre Ice and they dont televise many home games locally, and not all of the away games, so actually people who had Centre Ice watched his team moreso than he did..... Have a nice night.

Perhaps if you read into what I posted, you would have figured out he would kiss up to you people in a chat room, which is just the ultimate standard of character determination, or you would have read his posts, and when he wasn't here, he was ripping the Wings on our site their site, in the paper, and on the radio. I dissed him because he was a moron and when you disagreed with ignorant posts, like David Legwand being more of a Selke candidate than Pavel Datsyuk, he would go into attack mode when you would show him why. Knowing him in real life ? I had entertained the thought of meeting him for a beer , until I was shown a thread on the Preds board claiming what he had planned to do, which was have a group of his friends show up and have a nice little "Redwings suck" convention....Not sure if I want to know him in real life.... Do you know him in real life? Because youre judging on what you seen of him in a chat room...Im sure if he reads this, he'll go into his denial act and want to see the actual links, which aren't available any longer.....Researched reasons as you put them, more like the info is out on the table, just a matter of if you choose to turn a blind eye to it or not....

don't post anymore here and rarely read, but someone told me to check this out.

You just failed all over the place. Obviously mistaking me for another preds poster. I've never been in a hockey chat room period. Last time I was in a chat room was probably over 10 years ago. Have also never read Eklunds boards. I'm not really part of any clique, in fact i've often feuded with members of the so-called clique on the preds boards. Have had full or partial season tickets for the past 5 seasons, and have had center ice just as long... I haven't posted here in over a year either and I know there are plenty of Pred trolls that show up around here. As far as I know Dr. Single and myself were the only two who tried to come and talk sensible hockey with LGW, I met many wonderful posters such as Drake, Esteef, NFM, HC and too many others to name, but of course there was the handful of idiots like you who ruined it. As for planning to meet you and bring a bunch of friends... That's hilarious, but completely was not me.

So, you can keep ripping me on here if you want, but you should probably figure out who you are trying to bash first. Certainly isn't me.

Edited by Legionnaire11

Maybe this loss will permanantly get rid of mindfly. He has no interest in teams that lose. Hell, he might even stop watching hockey completely. His mother thinks its just a phase. We'll see.

:yahoo:

Honestly, I'm not too concerned. And anybody who thinks this team is doomed because they had a horrible night should be tarred and feathered.

If the Wings had played every single game like this - then I'd say yeah, sell your season tickets and preach that we're a horrible team with shoddy goaltending. But they haven't. In fact, this is the first shut out anybody has gotten against on them all season. Other fans would be thankful if they had a team like the Red Wings out on the ice every night. But not us. Oh no. We just have to find little things to ***** about.

Be thankful for the fact that we can be so horrendously embarrassed by this type of play when other teams exhibit this on a bi-nightly basis.

EDIT: This is not to say that nobody should be disappointed. We obviously should. We KNOW the Wings are better than this - so it's always frustrating to see this type of play. However, I don't think we should start jumping ship and talking about trading and buying a new hockey team for the playoffs.

Nicely nicelyput. Meanwhile, I'd kill to be close enough to have season tickets that I wouldn't sell, but way down deep I'd probably think it gave me a more legit reason to *****. :P

Like I said on another thread, this is hopefully the two by four between the eyes that they needed to raise their expectations about their play and sense of teamwork.

I would hate to see the score if Osgood wasn't "FEELING SHARP"as he said 2 days ago. Maybe that's the problem, it was two days ago, things change.........

Where did I put that barf bag? So I can dump it on your head.

Get real. Move on. Get a life. Write if you find work.

Guest Shoreline
OK, here's my boring and lengthy take on the events that transpired on February the 28th, 2009: Every once in a while you get sumo-slammed, it happens. Two years ago the Wings were having a great season, and San Jose came into town and demolished them 9-2. It was pretty bizarre and out of nowhere, but it happened, and there wasn't really anything to take away from the game because it was such an outlier.

It was actually 9-4, was in San Jose, and entirely different as the Wings were winning that game 3-0. I had the honor of being at the Tied House Brewery (infested with Sharks fans), only blocks away from the HP Pavilion, in my Wings jersey, for that embarrassment. I'm so effing thankful retribution was later on that postseason.

Edited by Shoreline

It was actually 9-4, was in San Jose, and entirely different as the Wings were winning that game 3-0. I had the honor of being at the Tied House Brewery (infested with Sharks fans), only blocks away from the HP Pavilion, in my Wings jersey, for that embarrassment. I'm so effing thankful retribution was later on that postseason.

Details aside, the lesson appears to be that the regular season means nothing. :P

Yeah, it's so common that we're second in the Western Conference and third among the NHL.

And don't give me the "there's a big difference between playing every other night during the regular season and playing in the playoffs." The only time our team has had THIS big of a problem is when we play back to back games.

Give it a rest. Some of you guys are so ridiculously spoiled that you simply refuse to take a loss for what it is and wait it out to see what happens. Instead, it's time to ***** about anything you see wrong - no matter if it's NOT as common as you seem to think it is. Have we been a little off? Yes. But we're RARELY as bad as we were last night. Some of you guys are just being ridiculous.

PANIC. HOLES IN THEIR GAME. Just about every other team plays perfectly, never has a bad game, and plays a-ok in back to backs, always perfectly consistent, so the Wings need to step it up! It isn't like they just won the cup and are still fighting for the President's trophy again the following season.

Christ, listening to some posters I'd think the Wings absolutely suck.

Why do people insist on calling a it "PANIC" when someone points out a fact about the Wings needs for improvement? Apparently being nearly last in PK and in the bottom quarter of the league in GAA is just dandy. Let's all walk around with s***-eating grins and pretend that the Wings are having one of their worst defensive seasons in a decade. :rolleyes:

Because hey- I'm rationally pointing out areas where the Wings need to improve- I must be panicking uncontrollably.

Guest Shoreline
Why do people insist on calling a it "PANIC" when someone points out a fact about the Wings needs for improvement? Apparently being nearly last in PK and in the bottom quarter of the league in GAA is just dandy. Let's all walk around with s***-eating grins and pretend that the Wings are having one of their worst defensive seasons in a decade. :rolleyes:

Because hey- I'm rationally pointing out areas where the Wings need to improve- I must be panicking uncontrollably.

I'm getting pretty used to people simply hunting for stats to try and make their panicking sound reasonable. Just as well, fans were panicking late in the season when we found out the Wings would go against Nashville because of the team's horrendous division record. How did that go again? We were all worried about Hasek's play and looks like Osgood stepped up. Looks like panicking was all for naught. And here we are again with people panicking..

And before you whine again about the team's GAA/Save%/PK (which is obviously not doing awesome), consider where the team was last year and where it is this year after 63 games -- 42-16-5 (89 points) -- compared to this year -- 41-14-8 (90 points). You don't need the Wings to get in the top 10 of everything to win a cup. But despite the flaws, the Wings are still doing just as good and even better than they were last season in all that matters -- winning games and scoring points. So bitching about every little statistic that isn't perfect isn't going to make you sound more reasonable.

For once people need to start being happy their team is, on a consistent basis, fighting for the Presidents trophy and have been, in almost two decades in a row, cup contenders, and start being appreciative instead of finding reasons to complain.

Edited by Shoreline

This is a test.

Shutoutking, our visiting Pred's fan, pm'd me with the following message and we decided it might be worth inputing it on this thread. Do we (OK, the majority of us) have it in us to move on from where we were?

Speaking for myself and as I wrote back to him, every board has its pubescents, passive-aggressive types, idiots and flamers, including us. I personally like it when visitors show up because (I know, God forbid) I might learn something from them. And the interchange of ideas (and wit) certainly can't hurt. Basically, I think he's an OK fan and when I think about it, that was quite a win for them, even if I do think he got carried away. Like none of us here do.....yeeeeeahh.... ;) And he's making the effort. Do we want to do the same?

If we make it happen of course there will be so-called fans ranting with the "your momma", "sister" s***, because anonymity can give losers a false sense of power. But personally speaking I think it's a chance for us to move on and mebee grow up a little from this? And I include myself. Anyway, here's his message:

<<Hey, feel free to disregard this but I wanted to explain myself.

1. When I joined this forum and right now I had and have no intentions of flaming/and or trolling. I can understand how my jubilee during our victory may have come across as that and for that I apologize. I'm ceasing to post here just because its obviously not welcome.

2. You gotta understand, though, that for our sorry franchise this was basically the peak. There's more euphoria in Nashville than when we qualify for the playoffs (mainly because we know we'll get knocked out). I mean, really, we just beat the best team in the world 8-0. I still don't even know what happened biggrin.gif

3. I do not in anyway condone the auto workers jab from last night, and would've confronted it had I seen it, those kinds of things are retarted. Its been discussed on the NP.com boards, also, and the reception wasn't the best. Its one thing for a little harmless "Wings suck" to go on, the other is just hitting below the belt.

4. Then, on the other hand, the incestous and redneck remarks, while funny, are not true in any form. I've lived here my whole life and have never seen nor heard of any of these things. Most places in Nashville are in fact classy, downtown, Green Hills, Cool Springs and Franklin to name a few. We love our Preds, hate the Wings, and are knowledgeable enough about hockey. Sure, we prefer a physical style, but it doesn't mean we don't deserve a team.

Anyway, I apologize again, and feel free to share this if you like, I just didn't post it because I had said in the GDT I wasn't coming back, and sent it to you because you seem pretty reasonable.

Take care, and good luck with the rest of the season.

SOK >>

LET THIS THREAD DIE LET THE MEMORY FADE

Funny you should bring that up. I almost started a new thread because this is reallly all about something else altogether. About visitors, interchange and how we treat them. And I knew putting it on page 48 wouldn't get much play. But f*** it. I meant well.

But I really am so grateful for your support and input.

:thumbdown:

This is a test.

Shutoutking, our visiting Pred's fan, pm'd me with the following message and we decided it might be worth inputing it on this thread. Do we (OK, the majority of us) have it in us to move on from where we were?

Speaking for myself and as I wrote back to him, every board has its pubescents, passive-aggressive types, idiots and flamers, including us. I personally like it when visitors show up because (I know, God forbid) I might learn something from them. And the interchange of ideas (and wit) certainly can't hurt. Basically, I think he's an OK fan and when I think about it, that was quite a win for them, even if I do think he got carried away. Like none of us here do.....yeeeeeahh.... ;) And he's making the effort. Do we want to do the same?

If we make it happen of course there will be so-called fans ranting with the "your momma", "sister" s***, because anonymity can give losers a false sense of power. But personally speaking I think it's a chance for us to move on and mebee grow up a little from this? And I include myself. Anyway, here's his message:

1. When I joined this forum and right now I had and have no intentions of flaming/and or trolling. I can understand how my jubilee during our victory may have come across as that and for that I apologize. I'm ceasing to post here just because its obviously not welcome.

2. You gotta understand, though, that for our sorry franchise this was basically the peak. There's more euphoria in Nashville than when we qualify for the playoffs (mainly because we know we'll get knocked out). I mean, really, we just beat the best team in the world 8-0. I still don't even know what happened biggrin.gif

3. I do not in anyway condone the auto workers jab from last night, and would've confronted it had I seen it, those kinds of things are retarted. Its been discussed on the NP.com boards, also, and the reception wasn't the best. Its one thing for a little harmless "Wings suck" to go on, the other is just hitting below the belt.

4. Then, on the other hand, the incestous and redneck remarks, while funny, are not true in any form. I've lived here my whole life and have never seen nor heard of any of these things. Most places in Nashville are in fact classy, downtown, Green Hills, Cool Springs and Franklin to name a few. We love our Preds, hate the Wings, and are knowledgeable enough about hockey. Sure, we prefer a physical style, but it doesn't mean we don't deserve a team.

Anyway, I apologize again, and feel free to share this if you like, I just didn't post it because I had said in the GDT I wasn't coming back, and sent it to you because you seem pretty reasonable.

SOK >>

Next time he decides to post on a forum, he should learn NOT to gloat after beating a specific team the wya the Preds did. No matter what your intention is, people are going to get pissed at you.

It is the same thing as if I went to the Pens forum celebrating after the Wings won the Stanley Cup. That is incredibly low.

Next time he decides to post on a forum, he should learn NOT to gloat after beating a specific team the wya the Preds did. No matter what your intention is, people are going to get pissed at you.

It is the same thing as if I went to the Pens forum celebrating after the Wings won the Stanley Cup. That is incredibly low.

I totally agree. I'm thinking he realizes this. Or maybe hoping he does....?

This is a test.

SOK >>

Me too. PM him back and tell him to come back. All is forgiven but please just lighten up with the gloating.

I say let them gloat... the preds kicked our ass on the scoreboard... i would be living it up if i was a wings fan in Nashville and we beat them 8-0... and thats even worse because we are expected to win games like that given our fire power.

Granted i have no idea (nor do i really care) what was said... but i do know people are overly sensitive on here when it comes to anything dissing (rightfully or not) the wings... so i am going to side with the let him/them gloat on this amazing ass kicking!

Guest Shoreline

I just find it kinda funny that an ass kicking causes this GDT to make it near 1,000 posts.

I say let them gloat... the preds kicked our ass on the scoreboard... i would be living it up if i was a wings fan in Nashville and we beat them 8-0... and thats even worse because we are expected to win games like that given our fire power.

Granted i have no idea (nor do i really care) what was said... but i do know people are overly sensitive on here when it comes to anything dissing (rightfully or not) the wings... so i am going to side with the let him/them gloat on this amazing ass kicking!

Good 'tudes from you and MidMichSteve. And you make a point here. Our team is good enough that - speaking for myself here - I should be secure enough to not go crezzy when a fan comes on here to flame - with "good" reason or no.

I just find it kinda funny that an ass kicking causes this GDT to make it near 1,000 posts.

Yeah I know I'm not supposed to be speaking to you, but I agree with your take. Milwwions of us here have reacted with a kind of insecurity and defensiveness that's just not warranted. Surely the Wings have some problems, but jeeezusss, look what they have going for themselves! And it was a helluva win for the Predators. Maybe never to be seen again in their lifetimes, but..... :cool:

I still think of myself as in a kind of state of grace for falling into being a Red Wings' fan. They have "made my day" so many times over the years that I could not possibly pay them back in any form. Except maybe to remember how frickin' lucky I am.

And seriously, Shoreline. Have a nice day. And may your team win tonight! :lol: