• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
KrazyGangsta

Which Wings have disappointed you this year?

Rate this topic

Who is the Red Wings that's not playing up to his level this year and that your either dissapointed or sad about it.

I'd have to go with

1- Osgood ---> Sad about it not dissapointed due to the reason I still beleive he could gain his confidence and become like last year

2- Filppula ---> Dissapointed, I feel like he has lost his touch ... probably due to less ice time ... but if you want more ice time impress the coaches and his not doing that.

3- Cleary ---> He seems to be a bit better this past week but overall the season (since coming back from his injury last year), I feel like Cleary's just not the same.

What about you guys.

*P.S. No player battles / please just your opinions.

In before the grammar nazis!

...Wait, crap, I am one of the grammar nazis.

Okay, anyhow:

Osgood -- Was expecting a bit of a better year out of him.

Zetterberg -- Hasn't sucked by any means; was just expecting a touch more scoring out of him.

Kronwall -- Defensive play has been rather shaky at some points.

D-Mac -- Wasn't expecting a lot, but I was expecting a little more push out of him in the games he did play this season.

O'Halloran -- Hasn't denied enough Wings goals.

Everyone else is performing at or above my expectations.

Well.... I'm gonna go with Flipper!! I think he got waaaaaaaaaaay overpaid this summer, and I think that has put him a bit under the microscope of things! But, if your gonna get that kind of money then you should play like it, and lets face it I think he has 8 goals!! Not gonna get it done. Also, he doesn't play with alot of confidence and I'm not sure why! Hopefully he will come around in the playoffs, thats if he doesn't get traded, but I doubt he will!!

Ozzie has been a bit dissappointing at times, but I think alot of that has to do with our defense in front of him!! Thought Ozzie played well lastnight against the Kings, and giving his numbers against Nashville, I would play him tonight, but again, don't see that happening!

One other player I would like to point out is Raffy!! He has had some big big big turnovrs this year in front of our own net or even our own zone! He has been great on the PP, but damn he has had some serious blunders as well!!

Those are just my feelings!!

Very hard to argue against Ozzie on this one, still hoping he can turns thing around or at least continue to play like he did against the Kings. Just an unbelievable drop in performance after a spectacular year. Val gets my runner-up vote, I thought he'd be amazing this year and instead he's merely been average.

Well.... I'm gonna go with Flipper!! I think he got waaaaaaaaaaay overpaid this summer, and I think that has put him a bit under the microscope of things! But, if your gonna get that kind of money then you should play like it, and lets face it I think he has 8 goals!! Not gonna get it done. Also, he doesn't play with alot of confidence and I'm not sure why! Hopefully he will come around in the playoffs, thats if he doesn't get traded, but I doubt he will!!

Ozzie has been a bit dissappointing at times, but I think alot of that has to do with our defense in front of him!! Thought Ozzie played well lastnight against the Kings, and giving his numbers against Nashville, I would play him tonight, but again, don't see that happening!

One other player I would like to point out is Raffy!! He has had some big big big turnovrs this year in front of our own net or even our own zone! He has been great on the PP, but damn he has had some serious blunders as well!!

Those are just my feelings!!

:thumbup: could not of said it better myself!

Kopecky - expected him to come out banging and really throwing the body around. He's had his moments, but i expected him to make his way onto the 3rd line more often then not.. Im a closet fan, He makes me mad so much, But i've followed him forever so i still keep faith for my boy Koko

Kronner - I was hoping he'd continue superman-ing hoes. But he came out stale.. lately he's been trying to step up more.. i can diggit.. Offensivly i think he moves the puck phenominaly..

Meech - I expected him to make life rough for Lebda to stay in the line-up.. He hasn't proven to be anything more then another lebda. needs to be more offensive.

Other then that, i cant say im surprised by Ozzie,Malts,Drapes play.

Osgood

Kronwall

Fillpulla

Zetterberg

Draper

Kopecky's not really a surprise, since I knew he'd suck. The other guys I expected more from. I also didn't expect a lot of points from Cleary, so I don't know why people are calling him a disappointment. He really overachieved during the times when he was putting up tons of points.

I also didn't expect a lot of points from Cleary, so I don't know why people are calling him a disappointment. He really overachieved during the times when he was putting up tons of points.

I'm not that fond of projecting point values, but for the sake of argument: Cleary was, over 82 games, on pace for 55 points last year; he missed some time due to injury. This season, he's missed a little time as well, but he's on pace for 50 points. So I don't really know where it's coming from either. He's done a good job filling Homer's spot while he was out, as well as stuff like hitting and PKing.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hmmm... "Who is the Red Wings That's has Dissapointed You this season?"

Deffinatly not our 4th best Forward Flip... I mean he had a whole thread devoted too him, he is clearly our 4th best foward since Mr. Sandman thinks he is.. :rolleyes:

Cleary, Kronwall, Ozzie, Draper, Maltby, Zetterberg.

It doesn't feel quite right to throw Z's name into the mix since he's been far better than the others I mentioned, but I had such high expectations on him, I thought he could possibly make a legitimate push for a 50 goal season, and he hasn't quite gotten going until the last couple of weeks.

Kronner is starting to look better, as is Draper, Maltby and maybe Ozzie (still a little too early to say), while I feel like Cleary is looking more and more out of place with Z and D.

I'd put Kopecky's name there as well, but truth is I didn't expect much from him so he hasn't really disappointed.

We need a third thread of this vein entitled, " Who is the Red Wing that has performed exactly as you expected." :P