• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Datsyerberger

Which Wings have impressed you this year?

Rate this topic

Gotta have the good to balance out the bad, folks:

Filppula -- Offensive production up this year despite a decrease in PP time and 3rd line play for a good portion of the season. Handling large minutes well, sound defensively, great skating, good PK.

Hudler -- :siren: Need I say more?

Datsyuk -- The Datsyuk of last year, plus highlight reel hits. Leading scorer in the West?

Raffi -- Even better offensive numbers than I was expecting. The defensive play.. well, it's about what I was expecting XD

Kopecky -- Holding on to a roster spot despite coming off a serious knee injury; leads Wings forwards in hits.. starting to look more offensively productive at this point in the season.

Leino -- While I was expecting some good play out of him if he got time, I wasn't expecting his current tear.

Without any doubt, I will say Conks!! This guy has stepped in and been the goalie we thought Ozzie was going to be!!

Dats as well, this guy not only scores beautiful goals, but now he's using the body!!

Hossa- This guy has came in and really contributed! I was afraid he was going to just take the money, but he hasn't, he like Dats, has scored huge goals and also, uses the body, just ask Ryan Suter!!

Lilja- I remember how much this guy SUCKED 3 years ago, now he is working his way to be one of our top d-men!!

Last but not least, Happy Huds- Goes to the front of the net, and we all know what that leads to!!

Hudler has been impressive and Leino has looked good thus far but I am honestly surprised at how well Lilja has played. I don't think a lot of people saw this kind of consistency coming from him this year.

I knew Marian Hossa was good but getting the chance to watch him every game this season just lets you see why he is so freakin good and he has fit into this team like he was custom crafted for it. Thanks for coming Hoss and I for one and praying you decide to make Hockeytown your home.

Not that I was not impressed by Pavel Datsyuk before but he is maturing more and more and getting better and better. I had him labeled as a Fedorov Jr. due his old vanishing act in the play offs early in his career but he has proven me wrong and just quietly does his job better and better... keep at is Pav.

Finally, I was anxious to see Leino and he has not disappointed. I keep hearing how poor poor Valery Filpula doesn't produce like he can because of playing on the 3rd line... I think thats a load of crap. Leino has come in and produced from everywhere and should have Valery looking at whats coming up behind him because at this rate Leino is looking to be coming in and movin past him already. Keep on it...... ?Leino (Whats a good nickname for Leino?)

Uh... Villain?

No idea, really.

A friend of mine has taken to calling him "Mystery Man." He follows the Wings only very casually, usually catching a game here or there when we're hanging out, and when Leino scored that great highlight real goal against the Caps, he appeared on SportsCenter top plays. Having never heard or seen anything of him, the first thing he said to me was, "Who the f*** is Billy Laeno?" He kept on scoring and has reappeared on SportsCenter twice since then, so every now and then he tells me "Mystery Man made top plays again."

Lilja - making smart plays.. looks to be a bit more fit this year compared to last.. not as physical, but he's being smart.. Gets alot of crap on forums and other people.. He's not flashy, but he gets the job done.

Hudler - was a doubter his whole career. proven me wrong

Lebda - Really turned it on after the earley season dibacle.

Conklin - Didn't expect him to do so well.

Chelios - He honestly doesn't look to bad out there.. i thought he'd be god awful

Since everyone has forgotten him, I'll mention Sammy.

He still does annoying s*** on the ice from time to time, but he's impressed me more this season than in other years.

You're right, he does deserve a little mention. His offense is still streaky-Sammy, but somehow he still manages to go under the radar and put together a 50 point season. I think it's the little things he does that lead to secondary assists which people miss.

Hudler-seems stronger on the puck and more responsible with it

Lilja-not creating as many turnovers and great on the PK

Leino-what can ya say, point producing machine

Samuelsson-not making as many boneheaded plays, putting up goals. Although, still dont like him on the point of the PP

Hudler--the guy hardly plays and is near the team lead for goals scored

Leino--we haven't seen nearly as much of him as I would have liked, but this guy definitely looks like a keeper!

Rafalski--I always knew he was a good player, but for a while down the stretch when Nick wasn't play all that well, Raffy was our #1 d-man.

Conklin--while I am still pulling for Ozzie to be our starting goalie, I can't say I wouldn't trust Conks in the net for the playoffs.

I also give honorable mention to Lilja--the man is a beast on the pk and isn't nearly the turnover king he used to be.

Edited by umredwing11

Hossa. He was always one of those Senators that I hated, not as much as Alfredsson, but just more then Havlat. I didnt really think much of his skills, and from what I had watched, was a soft player. But after watching him this season, I couldnt have been more wrong. The guy is a machine and far from soft, and has one hell of a shot. I`d love to see him locked up here for a while :thumbup:

Hudler and Lilja have really stepped up this season,

also;

Not that I was not impressed by Pavel Datsyuk before but he is maturing more and more and getting better and better. I had him labeled as a Fedorov Jr. due his old vanishing act in the play offs early in his career but he has proven me wrong and just quietly does his job better and better... keep at is Pav.

I hope you're not thinking of the Fedorov who's been a point per game player in the playoffs for his entire career. You're thinking of a different Fedorov, right?

Hudler and Lilja have really stepped up this season,

also;

I hope you're not thinking of the Fedorov who's been a point per game player in the playoffs for his entire career. You're thinking of a different Fedorov, right?

I'm referring to the Fedorov who would dominate a game and then vanish until he felt like playing again. If Fedorov had half the heart of Datsyuk he would have been dipped in gold. Good player but with more passion for Anna then for the Red Wing. He was a good ridence and we have thrived just as well without him.