• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Lovin Jiri Fischer

Boogaard Suspended 5 Games

Rate this topic

I don't think it was bad as Witt's either.

What I don't get is why the league doesn't make an example out of some of these jackasses. They put a memo in each locker room stating that they're cracking down on headshots. They suspend a guy here and there for a few games without pay. So what? The next time somebody decides to intentionally serve someone a nice big elbow to the head, throw his ass out for 30 games without pay. If they consistently hand out severe punishments, eventually this crap will stop.

It's a blatant elbow.. 5 games is too much imo.

This is boogies first career suspension, he isn't a guy who runs around and creates trouble. hes an ideal enforcer.. He just got caught with his elbows up and when you go to check a smaller guy when your 6'7'' you need to be a little more careful.

It's fair, But it sucks for Minnesota who has to face a nice streak of tough teams next 5

Guest micah

Boogaard rules.

Dirty hit though, suspension is probably appropriate. I would have given him 2 games, but still.

Too bad.

Boogaard is the only reason to watch the Wild play. Only problem is that nobody wants to fight him anymore, so he hardly ever scraps.

There's a few euros on our team that I'd trade for him straight up. And no I don't care how little talent he has in the scoring deparment.

Guest micah
Too bad.

Boogaard is the only reason to watch the Wild play. Only problem is that nobody wants to fight him anymore, so he hardly ever scraps.

There's a few euros on our team that I'd trade for him straight up. And no I don't care how little talent he has in the scoring deparment.

Agreed. He is one of the very few players in the league that you notice every single time they're on the ice. I doubt anyone in the league has a more intimidating presence. He's very fun to watch.

Guest Shoreline
Agreed. He is one of the very few players in the league that you notice every single time they're on the ice. I doubt anyone in the league has a more intimidating presence. He's very fun to watch.

Damn. I watched that entire video hoping Boog would have punched a hole through Selanne's face.

Guest micah
Damn. I watched that entire video hoping Boog would have punched a hole through Selanne's face.

LOL - Sorry to disapoint. Everybody knows that he he wants to, Boogie can f-up someone's day - it's less known with non Wild fans that his presence, even if he's only on the ice for 3 minutes a night, is felt pretty strongly. He's one of those guys that people go out of their way not to get hit by. When he's on the bench, opponents generally behave. When he's on the ice, opponents generally keep their heads up and their mouths shut.

I suppose it's beyond obvious to point out that Boogaard's presence didn't exactly prevent May from punching Johnsson out of the playoffs, but that's another thread for another time. All he really did in that clip was chirp Selanne and Getzlaf. Maltby could have done that, for Christ's sakes.