• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

If we could make one blockbuster move

Rate this topic

I know that due to the cap issue we have little chance to pull off anything major at this

seasons deadline. My own view is that we'll try for Havelid in Atlanta. But if you could pull

the trigger on a deal what would yours be and how would you do it? Here's mine to get the

ball rolling, try and offer info on how it would fit into the cap as well.

Jay Bouwmeester;

I really would be trying to get JayBo over in a trade, he could anchor the blueline for the next 10 years. The front office has to look ahead to when Lids hangs them up 2 yrs max

I would say. Now Raffi is good but he hasn't the size to be the mainstay of the D corps.

Maybe sending Kronwall, Filppula/Hudler, Meech and a pick could swing a deal with the Panthers. Thats alot to give up, 2 roster players 1 depth guy and a pick. But here me out.

Now before you all go off on one, Bouwmeester is worth the deal only if he agrees to sign

long term as well otherwise forget it. Freeing up the cap space to make way for the deal,

what would it cost to get him? $6-8m?

Kronwall and Filppula are both on $3m deals with Meech on $.483m. You offer this for the first year of the deal then after next season when Lids contract ends one of 2 things can happen. a) Lids actually retires and thus frees up $7.45m in cap. b) Lids wants to play on

but he will have to take a lower salary. Whatever happens you offer Boumeester another

$1.6m on top of his first year salary of $6.4m. Taking him to nearly $8m per year for say a 5 year deal.

This deal would make next year really tight against the cap but if Lids hangs them up after

next we have a ready made guy to take over who has had the advantage of playing with Lids for a year.

The deal would have a knock on effect down the line on the roster but with some guys at the end of their contracts this year, we could fill their space with 3 maybe 4 guys from the Griffins.

We could have a big blue line next year;

Lids 6'1" 190LB

Stuart 6' 2" 215LB

Lilja 6'3" 220LB

Bouw 6'4" 212LB

Ericsson 6'5" 220LB

Rafalski 5'10" 190LB

Lebda 5' 9" 195LB

One can dream I know.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
I know that due to the cap issue we have little chance to pull off anything major at this

seasons deadline. My own view is that we'll try for Havelid in Atlanta. But if you could pull

the trigger on a deal what would yours be and how would you do it? Here's mine to get the

ball rolling, try and offer info on how it would fit into the cap as well.

Jay Bouwmeester;

I really would be trying to get JayBo over in a trade, he could anchor the blueline for the next 10 years. The front office has to look ahead to when Lids hangs them up 2 yrs max

I would say. Now Raffi is good but he hasn't the size to be the mainstay of the D corps.

Maybe sending Kronwall, Filppula/Hudler, Meech and a pick could swing a deal with the Panthers. Thats alot to give up, 2 roster players 1 depth guy and a pick. But here me out.

Now before you all go off on one, Bouwmeester is worth the deal only if he agrees to sign

long term as well otherwise forget it. Freeing up the cap space to make way for the deal,

what would it cost to get him? $6-8m?

Kronwall and Filppula are both on $3m deals with Meech on $.483m. You offer this for the first year of the deal then after next season when Lids contract ends one of 2 things can happen. a) Lids actually retires and thus frees up $7.45m in cap. b) Lids wants to play on

but he will have to take a lower salary. Whatever happens you offer Boumeester another

$1.6m on top of his first year salary of $6.4m. Taking him to nearly $8m per year for say a 5 year deal.

This deal would make next year really tight against the cap but if Lids hangs them up after

next we have a ready made guy to take over who has had the advantage of playing with Lids for a year.

The deal would have a knock on effect down the line on the roster but with some guys at the end of their contracts this year, we could fill their space with 3 maybe 4 guys from the Griffins.

We could have a big blue line next year;

Lids 6'1" 190LB

Stuart 6' 2" 215LB

Lilja 6'3" 220LB

Bouw 6'4" 212LB

Ericsson 6'5" 220LB

Rafalski 5'10" 190LB

Lebda 5' 9" 195LB

One can dream I know.

If that happened with the Flip option not Hudler I would be estatic. We could also realilistically keep Franzen and Hudler, seeing as Kronwall and Flipulla basically freed up Bouw's salary.

Not really sure about my own blockbuster move, this was the only one I really wanted.

I would love either Gary Roberts/Chris Neil for a 2/3rd, or Havlid for a 2nd

Guest Crymson
Blockbuster?

Rafalski, Filppula for Pronger

If you think that Maltby - Draper - Kopecky is THE WORST 4th line in the league, then you're out of touch with hockey reality.

If you really want to make the above trade, then I question if you're in touch with reality in general.

If you think that Maltby - Draper - Kopecky is THE WORST 4th line in the league, then you're out of touch with hockey reality.

If you really want to make the above trade, then I question if you're in touch with reality in general.

I agree.

Now if you throw Parros in there, I'm all for that idea.

Guest Crymson
I agree.

Now if you throw Parros in there, I'm all for that idea.

I knew you'd come here to say hi to me!

If i was holland id make a couple moves....im 100% sure i got each players value wrong too lol.

Ottawa Gets = Val Filppula

Detroit Gets = Chris Neil, Alexandre Picard

Boston Gets = Mikael Samuelsson, Ville Leino, Cory Emmerton

Detroit Gets = Milan Lucic

Florida Gets = Brett Lebda, Brendan Smith

Detroit Gets = Nick Boynton

Zette - Dats - Homer

Hudler- Mule - Hossa

Lucic - Cleary - Helm

Neil - Draper - Kopecky

Maltby

Lids - Rafi

Stuart - Kronner

Lilja - Boynton

Picard

If i was holland id make a couple moves....im 100% sure i got each players value wrong too lol.

Ottawa Gets = Val Filppula

Detroit Gets = Chris Neil, Alexandre Picard

Boston Gets = Mikael Samuelsson, Ville Leino, Cory Emmerton

Detroit Gets = Milan Lucic

Florida Gets = Brett Lebda, Brendan Smith

Detroit Gets = Nick Boynton

Zette - Dats - Homer

Hudler- Mule - Hossa

Lucic - Cleary - Helm

Neil - Draper - Kopecky

Maltby

Lids - Rafi

Stuart - Kronner

Lilja - Boynton

Picard

Im very happy you're not the GM. :rolleyes:

#10 Marian Gaborik

Right Wing Sniper

Career - /491 Games/ 209 goals 210 assists 419 points +51 = 0,853 PPG

And he is just recovering from the operation that fixed his groin problems !

Edited by #18 the _Hoss_

omg. some people should be barred just for proposing some of this insanity. i wouldn't take pronger for free. f*** him. and xbrave give your head a check dude. i'm surprised you didn't include lids in one of those.

Edited by elevenandcounting

It was proposed on here before, Fillpula+Kronwall for Bouwmeester+Horton

Then add Neil/Lappierre for a pick and Kopecky

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Horton-Franzen-Hossa

Cleary-Hudler-Samuelsson

Neil-Draper-Maltby

Meech

Lidstrom-Stuart

Bouwmeester-Rafalski

Chelios-Lilja

Lebda

Florida's GM would have to be on crack for that deal. Even if he was, Kenny would have to throw in enough crack to keep him sated to make it happen.

Oh, I know that. Maybe Kenny knows someone who sells for cheap, just throw that in see if it works :P

The only deal yet proposed in this thread I would do is:

Filppula/Kronwall for Horton/Bouwmeester

Regardless of whether we are able to sign Bouw, that deal works out because Horton is signed at $4m through 2012-13, and he's a HUGE upgrade over Filppula.

So if we don't keep Bouw, then we save $2m in cap space and have an elite power forward who we can pair with Hudler on the second line. Keeping Bouw might be difficult given cap constraints, but might be possible depending on the rest of the roster.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
The only deal yet proposed in this thread I would do is:

Filppula/Kronwall for Horton/Bouwmeester

Regardless of whether we are able to sign Bouw, that deal works out because Horton is signed at $4m through 2012-13, and he's a HUGE upgrade over Filppula.

So if we don't keep Bouw, then we save $2m in cap space and have an elite power forward who we can pair with Hudler on the second line. Keeping Bouw might be difficult given cap constraints, but might be possible depending on the rest of the roster.

Horton actually makes 3.5 Million, according to sportsnet at least. Anyways while that trade wont happen unless we throw in another prospect and a 1st, if we did make it we'd have 2.5 more million more cap room allowing us to retain 1 of Franzen/Hudler and then 1 of Bo/Hossa easily

Hossa,Sammy, Meech and a 2nd for Ovechkin

Kronner, Filp, Kopecky for Bow( if can sign long term)

Conks, Emmerton, Smith for Lehtonen

Ovechkin(9.538)-Dats(6.7)-Homer(2.250)

Cleary(2.8)-Z(7.4)-Mule(UFA) Not sure what the actual cap hit is for Z might be 6.08

Leino(RFA)-Huds(RFA)-Helm((.598)

Malts(.883)-Draps(1.583)-Abdvelkader(.850)

Lids(7.450)-Rafi(6)

Stuart(3.750)-Bow

Lilj(1.25)-Ericsson(.900)

Kindl(.821)

Ozzy(1.417)

Lehtonen RFA

puts us at 54.19 next season

If loose Leino, Huds or Lehtonen we get draft picks