• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
henrik40

Ott Receives One Game Suspension

Rate this topic

Guest Shoreline

I'm not quite sure what he did either..

He just gets in a shoving match, takes a stick to the jewels, then gets beat down and then gets suspended? :unsure:

Beat me to posting the video. He was cross checking the s*** out of Niedermeyer (I think this is why he received the intent to injure match penalty) then Giggy went after him and Moen pounded him into submission. The announcers were making a big deal about how he couldn't fight because of his broken hand. What a moron go after someone when you have a broken hand. Keep in mind this was right at the end of the game I believe. Ott is a goon.

Edited by henrik40

Guest Shoreline

Ott is a goon and I don't feel sorry for him getting beat down, but suspended? I don't see where he gouged someone's eyes. If they could point it out or get a video I'd say the ****** gets what he deserves from the league too.

If he was gouging his eyes, that makes more sense for an intent to injure match penalty. Regardless, I don't understand why he goes after someone like Niedermeyer then not expect someone to come after him. Don't think people are going to not come after you because of your broken hand. Remember when he was taking all the cheap shots and going low against Boston?

I think a lot of the time 'indefinite'= until the league offices open for normal business hours on Monday and we can get the five people who normally decide these things into the same room to figure out how to proceed. Sometimes it isn't an easy decision on how to handle discipline and they want some dialog on it.

Edited by selkie

Or it could be because Ott is hacking at Niedermeyer after the horn sounded. Props to Giggy for stepping in and embarrassing Ott.

Guest Shoreline

None of the two videos up on Youtube even show the fight to the end. So if it did happen at the end I guess he deserves it but I don't see why the other guys involved don't get suspensions either, especially Giguere's nut shot which I'm sure was an intent to be helpful.

Per TSN:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=269338&amp...=headlines_main

Anyone know of any videos where this can be seen? I wonder what he did.

Amen and hallelujah!!!!

I started a thread on this(yesterday?) because I tuned in and saw the fight at the end of the game and I wanted to know if anyone else knew what the hell happened before that. The guy is a total goon and unadulterated idiot. He kept pounding (probably) Moen in front of the Ducks' net to the point where even Guigere went after him and almost took him down. After that, he ended up behind the net pounding on somebody else....or Moen....Whoever! He seemed to be totally out of control.

As I mentioned in the thread, ol' Razor Whatever, the Stars' color guy was excusing him by saying that it had just boiled over and it was too much for him. Yeeaaaahhh, riiiiiight. I couldn't be happier to see him go. Just seeing his face afterward was scary enough for me. It was bad enough and crazy enough that there's got to be a video on it somewhere, but I don't know where to tell you to look.

Beat me to posting the video. He was cross checking the s*** out of Niedermeyer (I think this is why he received the intent to injure match penalty) then Giggy went after him and Moen pounded him into submission. The announcers were making a big deal about how he couldn't fight because of his broken hand. What a moron go after someone when you have a broken hand. Keep in mind this was right at the end of the game I believe. Ott is a goon.

That's who it was. Niedermayer. Thanks.

None of the two videos up on Youtube even show the fight to the end. So if it did happen at the end I guess he deserves it but I don't see why the other guys involved don't get suspensions either, especially Giguere's nut shot which I'm sure was an intent to be helpful.

It was nice to see Giggy come in and let Ott know that he wasn't going to get away with any of that cheap shot crap. +1 Giggy.

How do you "accidently" eye gouge someone?

Ask Pronger.

Intent to injure can be grounds for suspension. So can fighting after a game, especially if you are seen as the instigator. And Ott's reputation with the league ain't exactly rosy.

Wow, that was beautiful. Ott finally got the beatdown that has been coming his way for a LOOOOOOOONG time, and he gets suspended indefinately to boot. Its a win-win situation.

Moron Stars announcers, "teams want to go after him because he's been so influential at the end of games" Er, no. Teams want to go after him because he's been a cheap-shotting chickens*** goon at the end of games. Like he just showed with his repeated cross-checks of Niedermeyer.

Still, nice to see natural justice and head-office justice in action at the same time :)

You reach out and try to grap the guy so you can hit him with your good hand, he lifts his head toward you cuz his back is on the ice and your thumb hits his eye socket unintentionally.

Ott's a goon, and a prick but I'm pretty sure he's not interested in ending his career like that.

You reach out and try to grap the guy so you can hit him with your good hand, he lifts his head toward you cuz his back is on the ice and your thumb hits his eye socket unintentionally.

Ott's a goon, and a prick but I'm pretty sure he's not interested in ending his career like that.

While this is a possible scenario, in watching the video it's hard to see that being the case here. He is on top of Moen while Moen is on his side with his head facing away from Ott. If you watch his legs, he starts kicking (maybe in pain) when the ref is attempting to get Ott off of him. I'm going to guess this is when the "accidental" eye gouge occurred.

Edited by henrik40