• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Herr Hockey

Rumor: Red Wings Aquire Mathieu Dandenault from Montreal Canadiens for

Rate this topic

Don't shoot the messenger. Apparently this was just reported on Team 990 in Montreal. I don't see why this deal is necessary. Does he even fit in under the cap? Maybe his contract is pro-rated since he is a UFA next year.

ETA: The mods at HF closed the thread temporarily. It said it was reported as a trade though, not just chatter. I still have trouble believing it. Also, I noticed my title doesn't fit on the board. Note that I did include a question mark at the end. I am not trying to mislead anyone.

Edited by Herr Hockey

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Not gonna shoot the messengerbut I think thisis bull, though im not nessisairly dissapointed if it becomes true. a 5th rounder is nothing, and I don't think were done yet.

The mods over at HF are pretty uptight. Closing down a trade rumor thread in the trade rumor section? That's pretty weak. I bet we will know more about this rumored trade at 2 am.

He belongs here... :rolleyes: right :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Well, he would be better than Meech, who has shown he isn't NHL ready and he would be faster than Chelios. He would fit in as the 6th D-man.

I am going through this in my head and I just can't come to a definite conclusion. The information seems to have been reported too specifically and straight forward to be BS, but I just don't see how we could have gotten another Meech/Lebda without giving up a Meech/Lebda. Maybe one will be waived. I guess if it were between the three of them going into the playoffs I'd take Dandy, but Kenny better not even dream of resigning him if this is true. With Lidstrom, Rafalski, Kronwall, Stuart, Lilja, Meech, Lebda, and Chelios already, and Jon Ericsson in the AHL, Dandenault has no place on this team moving forward. None.

Edited by Herr Hockey

I don't mind Dandenault but I hope this isn't it...

If this is true, the Wings will have to trade off of the roster if they want to make anymore moves.

This is exactly the kind of move I expected if something were to happen and I'm fine with it if it's true. He'll put pressure on anyone playing in the 5-6 pairing, brings some good experience, and he'll probably be happy and hungry returning to a consistently great team with a legit shot at the Cup. Plus, it already will feel like home to him. I really see no downside to this if it's true. It's highly unlikely they'd pull off something much bigger than this anyways so I don't know why people would be that upset over it.