• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Herr Hockey

Rumor: Red Wings Aquire Mathieu Dandenault from Montreal Canadiens for

Rate this topic

He didn't played DEF since 2006... he was (depth) 14th forward in Montreal and he's supposed to make this team better??? Give me a break!!!

Once again, they're not going to get anyone that's really going to make this team significantly better at least individually. The biggest thing they can do is bring in another guy to compete for a spot on the D to get guys working harder. That's best case scenario this deadline with our cap situation and unwillingness to move roster players. They're not going to shake up the core of this team. I wouldn't be shocked if Dandenault or whomever we get doesn't even dress a game in the playoffs. I hope not in fact. We've got guys that can be better. But the more pressure those guys have to compete for spots, the better off we'll be.

I'm not understanding the need for anyone to ***** about the Wings acquiring someone before the deadline. They have pretty much the exact same team as last year that won the Cup PLUS the addition of Hossa. This team doesn't need to make adjustments. If they did get Dandy then it's a good move. You can never have enough D-men and on top of that he's naturally a forward so if needed *due to injuries* or whatever is the case, he can fill in that role as well.

Dude, please -- spare me. I do not care to hear your rationale as too why acquiring Mathieu Dandenault is a good move. It isn't -- he puts pressure on no one any more then Erickson (sp?) does or would.

Your mentioning the fact "he's also a forward" does jack s*** for me as well seeing as though we have 3-4 guys in GR who would be more productive, as well as he just adds to an overload of mid sized roster. He has no snarl, he isn't exceptionally good on the PK or the PP, he is more of what we have.

I know it was only a 5th round pick, but good god, it would of been better spent as a donation of good will to a struggling franchise (sarcasm for the few who didn't pick it up.)

Dude, please -- spare me. I do not care to hear your rationale as too why acquiring Mathieu Dandenault is a good move. It isn't -- he puts pressure on no one any more then Erickson (sp?) does or would.

Your mentioning the fact "he's also a forward" does jack s*** for me as well seeing as though we have 3-4 guys in GR who would be more productive, as well as he just adds to an overload of mid sized roster. He has no snarl, he isn't exceptionally good on the PK or the PP, he is more of what we have.

I know it was only a 5th round pick, but good god, it would of been better spent as a donation of good will to a struggling franchise (sarcasm for the few who didn't pick it up.)

I agree about the forward thing. No way in hell this guy would play a second as a forward on this team.

And the fact that he's a vet carries as much or more weight than Erickson does, and again, the more guys competing on the D, the better at this point. The best we can do is have guys competing for the 5-6 spot. There's no way we are going to land a guy who can be a 3-4 guy. It ain't happening.

It's not like anyone should really be excited about this trade as again, I think it's likely whoever fills this spot if anyone does won't even dress in the playoffs. But to be pissed is just silly because there's just no way they're really going to pull off much of anything bigger than this.

I agree about the forward thing. No way in hell this guy would play a second as a forward on this team.

And the fact that he's a vet carries as much or more weight than Erickson does, and again, the more guys competing on the D, the better at this point. The best we can do is have guys competing for the 5-6 spot. There's no way we are going to land a guy who can be a 3-4 guy. It ain't happening.

It's not like anyone should really be excited about this trade as again, I think it's likely whoever fills this spot if anyone does won't even dress in the playoffs. But to be pissed is just silly because there's just no way they're really going to pull off much of anything bigger than this.

Plus we don't even know if it's true at this point. There is still no source. Everyone needs to just calm down.

Hypothetically I think management would be more comfortable with a veteran (even a staggeringly mediocre one cut from Dandy's cloth) in the lineup during the playoffs than a rookie. Although you could argue Darren Helm, there's a whole lot less pressure to perform on a fourth line forward than a third pairing Dman in any given game.

I agree with all this, but I'd wait and see what exactly the more prototypical tough stay at home Dmen are going for before we were to knock a potential move like this.

Plus we don't even know if it's true at this point. There is still no source. Everyone needs to just calm down.

Yep. The only difference between Dandenault and any other guy we'd get on his level is that more people know Dandenaults name. People really need to manage their expectations this go-round.

This is a bulls*** move if it's true....I hate Mathieu Dandenault just like I hate the Montreal Canadiens....

I would rether them get Chris Neil or Gary Roberts before or at the Deadline this week other then this old washed up piece of will you know... If this is ture I'm going to be mad as hell.....he didn't do jack s*** for MTL.....

I think this was just a Hoax since it came from Team 990....

Lets all pry this is just a White Lie and I also think this Thread Title should be Changed since it's not True at least NOT YET!!!!!!!!!

Edited by REDHASEK

This is a bulls*** move if it's true....I hate Mathieu Dandenault just like I hate the Montreal Canadiens....

I would rether them get Chris Neil or Gary Roberts before or at the Deadline this week other then this old washed up piece of will you know... If this is ture I'm going to be mad as hell.....he didn't do jack s*** for MTL.....

I think this was just a Hoax since it came from Team 990....

Lets all pry this is just a White Lie and I also think this Thread Title should be Changed since it's not True at least NOT YET!!!!!!!!!

There is nothing wrong with the title. It clearly says that it is a rumor and it is posted in the rumor mill.

I said Dandenault could play as forward IF there were a bunch of injuries. Not saying in any way that he'll get that spot over the likes of anyone on this Wings team.

Just clearing that up.

Guest mindfly

Make... no...sense...at...all

although i did get excited when i read the topic.. always is when i see red wings and aquire in the same sentence

If there is one thing this team is lacking it's the veteran presence needed for a successful playoff run. I mean Chelios, Rafalski, Lidstrom, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Draper, Maltby, Sammy, Homer, etc. are good, but not enough -- that's where Dandy comes in right?

I mean forget the fact we are routinely rotating Chelios and Lebda out of the lineup night in and out, a trend that will surely keep up in the playoffs with the possibility of even more names thrown into the rotation (Erickson), we still need the guy who couldn't make the lineup on a steady basis with the Habs.

I mean the upside of this move is simply non-existent. I understand fully that we couldn't get a top 4 D-Man, or even a top 6 without moving some cap space out of the lineup -- but that doesn't mean we should add more below mediocrity talent to the back end of our defense that is already mediocre.

He brings nothing whatsoever -- nada. He doesn't put pressure on anyone to do anything.

Hmmm. I got it up for your mom so it's not really a problem, but thanks for the interest. :)

thedisappearer = 7-8 years old kid who need attention and love. Mom is working all night long and that's what you get...

I'm riding (rodeo) your moma in Texas - come to watch us...

If there is one thing this team is lacking it's the veteran presence needed for a successful playoff run. I mean Chelios, Rafalski, Lidstrom, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Draper, Maltby, Sammy, Homer, etc. are good, but not enough -- that's where Dandy comes in right?

I mean forget the fact we are routinely rotating Chelios and Lebda out of the lineup night in and out, a trend that will surely keep up in the playoffs with the possibility of even more names thrown into the rotation (Erickson), we still need the guy who couldn't make the lineup on a steady basis with the Habs.

I mean the upside of this move is simply non-existent. I understand fully that we couldn't get a top 4 D-Man, or even a top 6 without moving some cap space out of the lineup -- but that doesn't mean we should add more below mediocrity talent to the back end of our defense that is already mediocre.

He brings nothing whatsoever -- nada. He doesn't put pressure on anyone to do anything.

Wrong, he brings wet dreams to thedisappearer...

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
You want a tissue? Maybe a tampon?

Wrong, he brings wet dreams to thedisappearer...

Neither of you are remotley funny. While I realise this isn't real life, I'm embarassed for both of you.