• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
derrekchilson

Did no one else watch the game last night?

Rate this topic

In truth I was yelling it at the TV...I bleed Red and White, but last night was pathetic, and should be used to show the wings that they are beatable and they need to play good hockey no matter what team they play.

I just bleed red, but I'm sure there are white blood cells in there somewhere

I have no beef with the Nashville crowd... I think they have a good number of diehards at that arena and they make great noise and support their team. If they were saying "you suck" to the Wings, well... winning 8-0 they can say that, they earned the chance to be a little overbearing that night.

It remains to be seen whether there are enough fans/corporate support to ensure long-term success in the market, but saying stuff like, "they don't even deserve a team!" after that drubbing is just as bad as all the "you don't have jobs/economy/etc" type chants Detroit fans face.

I was at the game last night, and the fans were great to us. I just see the chants as fun jabbing. Sorta like your momma jokes between friends.

At the end of the game, all the Pred fans around me shook my hand and said "At least you guys will be in the playoff's"

Classy group.

They had a great lead-up to the game on the Jumbo-tron showing both teams goals and hits and was very un-biased. Got the crowd pumped up. I would love to find a copy of that.

Oh, and give up the Redneck thing. Many, of your fellow Red-wing fans live in Tennessee.

I had some nice Wing fans sitting around me too. At least for the first period and a half. They all left at about the 12 min. mark in the 2nd. I thought true fans stayed to the bitter end of the games. I know I stay for the Preds routings! Believe me we have had a few!

As for the Suck chants you are preaching to the choir. I think they are over done too. We (meaning me and several around me) quit doing it when the toddler behind us started to repeat us. It came out "Ew Tuck" but we knew what he was trying to say.

The jobs comment was not called for, we have about 50,000 unemployed here in Davidson County - including me! We have our problems too.

Did any of you sit in section 323 row B or C?

Edited by ladypredsfan

good lord get over yourselves already. yeah, we love beating the Wings more than any other team, but we do the chants at EVERY game against EVERY team, and we have been doing them snce year one.

it pro sports. trash talk between opposing fans is just part of it, everywhere. And believe me the Red Wings fans are just as obnoxious leaving the Sommet when they win, if not moreso.

Anyone who goes to a hockey game expecting to find "class" is an idiot. Im sure the Joe is just packed with disciples of Miss Manners and Emily Post</sarcasm>

If you want class, attend the symphony, its right across the street from the hockey arena.

do the fans still cheer after an icing call has been whistled? Or did they do away with that?

anyways...I've been to that arena and I do remember the time when I was there during the early summer months of the lockout season and I happened to have a layover that day in Nashville on my way to Florida and there was an Arena Football League game going on there at the arena, the Gaylord Entertainment Center it was then, and it just happened to be that the Chicago AFL franchise was in town. So I go to the game and I decide to go and get some food during one of the quarters and just happened to notice the guys in the food stand were wearing Preds hats as part of their uniform and so I ask him casually if he missed having the Preds around during the year...he looks at me and goes "Who are the Predators?" ( I am not making this up at all) I walked away and just laughed once I got back to my seat.

To make a long story short...I do believe they don't have many educated fans down in music city when it comes to hockey, but they do have Jack's BBQ on the main strip and that I can give them credit for.

do the fans still cheer after an icing call has been whistled? Or did they do away with that?

anyways...I've been to that arena and I do remember the time when I was there during the early summer months of the lockout season and I happened to have a layover that day in Nashville on my way to Florida and there was an Arena Football League game going on there at the arena, the Gaylord Entertainment Center it was then, and it just happened to be that the Chicago AFL franchise was in town. So I go to the game and I decide to go and get some food during one of the quarters and just happened to notice the guys in the food stand were wearing Preds hats as part of their uniform and so I ask him casually if he missed having the Preds around during the year...he looks at me and goes "Who are the Predators?" ( I am not making this up at all) I walked away and just laughed once I got back to my seat.

To make a long story short...I do believe they don't have many educated fans down in music city when it comes to hockey, but they do have Jack's BBQ on the main strip and that I can give them credit for.

wow... a sample size of n=1 (at a football game no less) and you make a blanket judgement about the entire Nashville hockey fanbase.

truth is, Nashville has a much larger percentage of our season ticket base that are "regular fans" not corporate tickets. That means that those tickets were purchased by people who know enough to want to attend (and pay to go to) forty one games a year. Yes the average Nashvillian on the street may not know bupkus about hockey, but on any given night in the arena, the majority of us do. And i myself have struck up conversations with many a Michigander in places away from the rink, and assuming they would know hockey started talking about the wings. I mostly get blank stares and "I dont follow hockey" so its not like every joe shmoe up there can explain the tag up rule either....

Edited by voldemort82

I couldn't believe last nights game or the Nashville fans. the worst game of the year most defiantly and the predators fans where screaming "You Suck!" keep in mind half the fans there where red wings fans. i hate watching the wings in Nashville because Nashville Predator fans have no respect for the game and they think that the game revolves around fighting and violence. they need to keep in mind that if it werent for the huge red wing fan base here that Nashville would have never been a team. :ranting:

I think it was good for the guys to have their asses handed to them unexpectedly.

For starters you can't win all the time, and not to mention being completely embarrassed is just what a team that is used to winning needs to stay grounded and find motivation to improve.

Losing to Nashville definitely accomplishes that sort of embarrassment (no offense Predators fans, but lets be realistic) under any circumstances much less being shut out 8-nil. Yea sure their fans wear thin quickly, but how often will they get the chance to yell we suck and actually be right about it? I can't blame them, live it up while it lasts.

Can't really be mad at them either, we did suck. Bad. Either learn from it and rediscover the standard of work ethic Detroit typifies or stumble and fork over the hardware.....Survival of the fittest.

To whom much is given, much is expected..... I bet there isn't a single player that doesn't feel like s*** when they walk out of the locker room and read that before the next practice.

Personally I still like our chances ;)

-19FP

Guest CaliWingsNut
Yea dude... the "HEYY!! YOU SUCK! WE'RE GONNA BEAT THE HELL OUTA YOU!! YOU YOU YOU!!" Thats the most retarded s*** in the ******* world.

It's the only line they could find to rhyme w/ tootoo.

Homeristic Conspiracy Theory: Detroit wants Nashville in the playoffs compared to say... Anaheim or the Canadiens.

The Wings played like s*** no doubt, but I give props to the sex preds, because they played a hell of a game.

You gotta take the good with the bad. Losses like that makes winning that much more sweet.

I don't know if it will make any difference but I feel compelled to bring up a couple things. The comparison that was made earlier about our crowd sounding like those at college games was very appropriate. You have to remember that we had no professional sports at all in Nashville until 11-12 years ago. The Oilers/Titans moved here from Houston around the same time the Preds started up. So a college-type atmosphere is really all we've known. We haven't had 80+ years of professional hockey like Detroit.

Speaking of which, you guys have had hockey (and great success) for so long, people that were raised as Red Wings fans grew up and kept supporting the team as they grew older. We haven't had that chance yet. The kids that got interested in hockey by going to Preds games in the early years are probably not even out of college by now. When they get into the workforce, they will buy tickets and bring in corporate money and maybe the team will get the financial support it needs to be successful. I just hope the team is here long enough to see that happen.

As far as the chants go, the you suck thing does get old. We know (at least most of us) that the Red Wings don't suck as a franchise, that you've been quite successful, many Stanley Cups, all of that. But you are our most hated opponent (not rival) so last night was enjoyable for us. We've been on the opposite side of a beatdown from the Wings plenty of times. And while it was just another regular season game for you guys, we're fighting for our playoff lives. Every point we can muster now is huge and we'll take them any way we can get them, 2-1, 6-5, 8-0, it doesn't matter. We don't have the luxury of coasting into the playoffs.

Guest Shoreline
I don't know if it will make any difference but I feel compelled to bring up a couple things. The comparison that was made earlier about our crowd sounding like those at college games was very appropriate. You have to remember that we had no professional sports at all in Nashville until 11-12 years ago. The Oilers/Titans moved here from Houston around the same time the Preds started up. So a college-type atmosphere is really all we've known. We haven't had 80+ years of professional hockey like Detroit.

Speaking of which, you guys have had hockey (and great success) for so long, people that were raised as Red Wings fans grew up and kept supporting the team as they grew older. We haven't had that chance yet. The kids that got interested in hockey by going to Preds games in the early years are probably not even out of college by now. When they get into the workforce, they will buy tickets and bring in corporate money and maybe the team will get the financial support it needs to be successful. I just hope the team is here long enough to see that happen.

As far as the chants go, the you suck thing does get old. We know (at least most of us) that the Red Wings don't suck as a franchise, that you've been quite successful, many Stanley Cups, all of that. But you are our most hated opponent (not rival) so last night was enjoyable for us. We've been on the opposite side of a beatdown from the Wings plenty of times. And while it was just another regular season game for you guys, we're fighting for our playoff lives. Every point we can muster now is huge and we'll take them any way we can get them, 2-1, 6-5, 8-0, it doesn't matter. We don't have the luxury of coasting into the playoffs.

That seems like a pretty rational explanation to me. Maybe some years down the road the fans will calm down a bit.

Basically a copy-paste job from another thread similar...

I went to the game. Despite the crappy outcome obviously, I had a blast going to Nashville and being in downtown.

The generalizations in here with Predator fans as hicks or rednecks can't be further from the truth, and it's a joke. It is defiintely a more country atmosphere than normal but the amount of people I saw in cowboy style were fairly small.

In terms of them thinking we are rivals, what do you expect? They haven't been in the league that long, Detroit plays in the same division, we've played them a few playoff series, they're trying to find some identity. Nothing wrong with this.

As for the whole YOU SUCK chants, I'm sorry, but complain about something more important. They can say plenty of things worse. It's just something they do to get jacked up and the like. They aren't acting like a'holes towards players or fans of other teams, they aren't purposefully harming people, let them do there thing. There's nothing wrong with getting involved and making noise and the like.

Now, before people say that I am claiming Nashville as a hockey mecca, I'm not. I'm saying, no more or less, that the experience in Nashville and at the game were fun, the fans I came in contact with were cool and gracious, and a lot of the stuff in here dumping on Nashville is overblown.

I know Detroit is an Original-6 team with a lot of history and tradition, but the Red Wings are Holier than Thou attitude and dumping on the littler guys with less history is tiring and ridiculous in here.

The offense stunk. The defense stunk. The goalies stunk. The coaches stunk. The skate sharpener stunk. Hell Hossa probably pissed on the toilet seat that night.

We've beat on Nash. like a drum since they joined. We deserved everything they dished out.

I couldn't believe last nights game or the Nashville fans. the worst game of the year most defiantly and the predators fans where screaming "You Suck!" keep in mind half the fans there where red wings fans. i hate watching the wings in Nashville because Nashville Predator fans have no respect for the game and they think that the game revolves around fighting and violence. they need to keep in mind that if it werent for the huge red wing fan base here that Nashville would have never been a team. :ranting:

haha easy though dude. if any nashville fan would say anything about the wings suck all you would have to say is "and how many stanley cups has your team won?" haha they cant say anything to that

haha easy though dude. if any nashville fan would say anything about the wings suck all you would have to say is "and how many stanley cups has your team won?" haha they cant say anything to that

Stanley Cups?

Those idiots can't even win a road game in the playoffs in their 10 year history.

I hope they move out of that town one day just so their pathetic fans have something real serious to whine and ***** about.

I honestly don't care about the chants, they do it every game to every team. They say the same exact thing even if we are winning 6-1 in Nashville. Get over it!

This thread isn't about the annoying chants, everybody is pissed about the loss. It's a regular season game. Win some, you loose some. Again Get over it!

The wings got embarrassed, 15$ says the last two games against the preds will be the best of the remaining regular season games.

I honestly don't care about the chants, they do it every game to every team. They say the same exact thing even if we are winning 6-1 in Nashville. Get over it!

Exactly. Every fan base has different chants they do. Like when we say "Tur-co" whenever we play Dallas. Or the Hank chant when Z scores a goal.

I don't view the "you suck" chant any differently than that.

Where does everybody get the idea that Detroit was an original six team? The NHL was formed in 1917 and Detroit didn't come into existance until 1926 when they bought the Victoria Cougars (?). Then it was still 10 years before Detroit won a Stanley Cup.

As for the move to Hamilton Ontario - Jim Ballsillie shot himself in the foot with that one. He set up a website for the "Hamilton" Predators and starting taking downpayments for season tickets before he had ever presented an offer to the NHL. And the goofy people up there actually gave him money!! And as someone said before, most of the season tickets belong to individuals, not corporations.

I was at the game last night, and the fans were great to us. I just see the chants as fun jabbing. Sorta like your momma jokes between friends.

At the end of the game, all the Pred fans around me shook my hand and said "At least you guys will be in the playoff's"

Classy group.

They had a great lead-up to the game on the Jumbo-tron showing both teams goals and hits and was very un-biased. Got the crowd pumped up. I would love to find a copy of that.

Oh, and give up the Redneck thing. Many, of your fellow Red-wing fans live in Tennessee.

I agree, it never ceases to amaze me how often you hear I can't believe hockey can't get more exposure or be on national tv/ESPN more often - and then say that any teams not in the northern (and more specifically north eastern) part of the U.S.A don't deserve to have teams, don't have real hockey fans, and are ignorant/don't understand the game.

Also, I have heard much worse things chanted at Flyers and Rangers games but no one creates a thread about how they don't deserve to have a hockey team. Furthermore, this forum is full of people who complain about how dead the Joe is and then complain because they Preds are rowdy at their games. Who cares? Seriously, the Preds had a good game, the Wings actually did suck pretty bad that game, the Preds fans had fun at that game and enjoyed a memory making game for their team - but the Wings will be in the hunt for the Cup again this year. BUT it is ridiculous to say that the Preds were any less classy or more crass than most fans - they are a bunch of people who love their team, city, state and have on blinders for them - much like most people here (myself included).

Where does everybody get the idea that Detroit was an original six team? The NHL was formed in 1917 and Detroit didn't come into existance until 1926 when they bought the Victoria Cougars (?). Then it was still 10 years before Detroit won a Stanley Cup.

Detroit is, officially, considered a member of the "original six". The teams were the only 6 teams in the league between 1942 and 1967. My guess would be that due to the long stretch of time when those were the only teams in existence, the nickname was earned.

Edited by Ms_Hockey