• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
reyalp

Nashville isn't THAT bad...

Rate this topic

Ok, alot of people are bitching and moaning about how terrible the game was and acting like its the end of the world and s***. Well I drove 5 and a half hours and payed $200 to see that game and I painted my face red and white. I thought from watching the games on TV that Nashville fans are dumb as hell, but I was pleasantly surprised. I mean the "YOU SUCK" chants and the "We're gonna beat the hell outa you, you you you" every single time they score, don't get me wrong thats annoying as f*** and down right stupid. BUT, the fans I sat next to were nice and didn't take part in the bs. The dude to my left was a season ticket holder for 8 years and actually knows stuff about hockey. Nashville actually is a pretty good hockey town. They had an awesome pregame show, I almost wish the Wings would do more stuff like them to get the fans into the game. I also met A TON of wings fans, even a few that drove all the way from Michigan to watch the game and they weren't even as pissed as some of the people on these forums. I actually even met a forum member out side while I was smoking!!! WOO. Any way, After my first road game, all and all I had a great time even though I went to the worst game ever, I had a blast. Nashville is now OK in my book as far as hockey fans. They love their team, and hate the Wings, Its understandable. They guy next to me even told me, in his 8 years in going to all those games, Its never that loud or crazy unless the Wings are in town. In my eyes thats something to be proud of if you're a Wing fan.

Guest Shoreline

It's got a long ways to go in my eyes. From it's expansion year to now it's been another redneck town that boos and chants a whole lot more negativity for the Wings than spending cheering their own team (just like how Boston was with the Sox previous to their championship). The only thing to do is make fun of and look down upon them as we enjoy watching our team win an they enjoy chanting Red Wings suck more than cheering their own team on. :champs:

Edited by Shoreline

My only real issue with Nashville is they think we are rivals somehow. Sure, we are conference rivals, but we're not rivals in the real sense of the word. We don't care you about *that* much.

The chants get old, and tend to be negative, but they paid their money- as long as it's not about a player's personal life, it's ok in my book. The stereotype that they are rednecks which gets played out here too much, ,makes us bad as hockey fans look bad.

However, their color guy is an idiot. He bricked so many calls last night... I was as mad at him as I was the Wings. In the middle of a stammered to death sentence last nice, he actually said "wait, no. That's not right."

Guest DetroitBoy313
It's got a long ways to go in my eyes. From it's expansion year to now it's been another redneck town that boos and chants a whole lot more negativity for the Wings than spending cheering their own team (just like how Boston was with the Sox previous to their championship). The only thing to do is make fun of and look down upon them as we enjoy watching our team win an they enjoy chanting Red Wings suck more than cheering their own team on.

Good post!! And you know what! Enough of this Nashville s***,seriously! f*** them! We lost,we lost! Next week everyone will forget about this game.Nashville is not even in the playoffs right now for God's sake!! Their fans are annoying as hell and they get more cheer out of making fun of the Red Wings than cheering their own team on.Detroit brings out the best in opponents hockey fans because we been the BEST team in hockey for the past 15 years.Barry Trotz said it best.....

"We knew they had played Friday night," Trotz said. "We caught Detroit on a bad night for them. It is a gratifying win, but we have to keep it real. We can pat ourselves on the back for a night."

Period.They caught us on a bad night and that's it,game over.Move on to the next game.

I've always respected the Predators as a team because they are feisty, well-managed and well-coached. I don't like some of their taunts but one can't deny their passion. Glad you had a good experience on the road.

Ok, alot of people are bitching and moaning about how terrible the game was and acting like its the end of the world and s***. Well I drove 5 and a half hours and payed $200 to see that game and I painted my face red and white. I thought from watching the games on TV that Nashville fans are dumb as hell, but I was pleasantly surprised. I mean the "YOU SUCK" chants and the "We're gonna beat the hell outa you, you you you" every single time they score, don't get me wrong thats annoying as f*** and down right stupid. BUT, the fans I sat next to were nice and didn't take part in the bs. The dude to my left was a season ticket holder for 8 years and actually knows stuff about hockey. Nashville actually is a pretty good hockey town. They had an awesome pregame show, I almost wish the Wings would do more stuff like them to get the fans into the game. I also met A TON of wings fans, even a few that drove all the way from Michigan to watch the game and they weren't even as pissed as some of the people on these forums. I actually even met a forum member out side while I was smoking!!! WOO. Any way, After my first road game, all and all I had a great time even though I went to the worst game ever, I had a blast. Nashville is now OK in my book as far as hockey fans. They love their team, and hate the Wings, Its understandable. They guy next to me even told me, in his 8 years in going to all those games, Its never that loud or crazy unless the Wings are in town. In my eyes thats something to be proud of if you're a Wing fan.

:scared: how could you

:D just kiddin

Not bad, compared to Dueling Banjos country maybe! You do remember the movie Deliverance????????

First off, you do know that movies are fake, right? It's called a story.

Also, Deliverance was about GEORGIA, not TENNESSEE. Get your bigoted slurs right before you make them.

FYI, Deliverance won the Best Picture award and is ranked as one of the greatest movies of all time. I'm sorry that your homophobia prevents you from enjoying it based on one scene.

Here's a link to a Michigander engaging in the type of thing you'd surely accuse Tennesseans of. It's a small world after all.

It's got a long ways to go in my eyes. From it's expansion year to now it's been another redneck town that boos and chants a whole lot more negativity for the Wings than spending cheering their own team (just like how Boston was with the Sox previous to their championship). The only thing to do is make fun of and look down upon them as we enjoy watching our team win an they enjoy chanting Red Wings suck more than cheering their own team on. :champs:

if you think we just are negative and dont cheer our team on in a positive fashion, you just obviously didnt pay attention to the playoffs last year. the towel waving ovations and drowning out the arena announcer during tv timeouts have become our hallmark.

why cant you just enjoy the fact that we (along with everyone else) hate you BECAUSE YOU WIN SO DAMN MUCH

We Preds fans know we will have finally "made it" when we beat you in the playoffs or win the central division. You should enjoy it and dread the day you ever get knocked off your perch.

Guest Shoreline
why cant you just enjoy the fact that we (along with everyone else) hate you BECAUSE YOU WIN SO DAMN MUCH

Many teams hate the fact that the Wings win so much, and I stated as much in my reference to the Sox. Just about no other team though chants more "Wings suck" than "Go team!", so when the Preds fans can start spending more of their energy liking their team or cheering them on rather than hating the Wings, I'll gain a bit more respect for them. Sucks for the few people who are decent fans, but the good lot ruin it for you few.

Edited by Shoreline

Also, Deliverance was about GEORGIA, not TENNESSEE. Get your bigoted slurs right before you make them.

FYI, Deliverance won the Best Picture award and is ranked as one of the greatest movies of all time. I'm sorry that your homophobia prevents you from enjoying it based on one scene.

Here's a link to a Michigander engaging in the type of thing you'd surely accuse Tennesseans of. It's a small world after all.

That's a pretty strange thing for you to say, considering what it says in your sig.

Guest Shoreline
That's a pretty strange thing for you to say, considering what it says in your sig.

Man I had to laugh at that.

Many teams hate the fact that the Wings win so much, and I stated as much in my reference to the Sox. Just about no other team though chants more "Wings suck" than "Go team!", so when the Preds fans can start spending more of their energy liking their team or cheering them on rather than hating the Wings, I'll gain a bit more respect for them. Sucks for the few people who are decent fans, but the good lot ruin it for you few.

I will repeat, we cheer our team on far, FAR more than we do the negative stuff. Our players have repeatedly commented on how the crowd fires them up and opposing players have commented on it as well.

That's a Bubba the Love Sponge reference, probably not well known outside of people that listen to his Sirius or terrestrial radio shows. My bad.

Edited by FireCaptain

Guest Shoreline
I will repeat, we cheer our team on far, FAR more than we do the negative stuff. Our players have repeatedly commented on how the crowd fires them up and opposing players have commented on it as well.

The Nashville players commenting on the crowd aren't going to ***** about silly negative fans. That's suicide for marketing. Nextly, opposing teams' players aren't going to ***** about the fans because it just gives the fans more reason to keep doing it.

For over half a dozen seasons I saw the Preds play the Wings 4 times in Nashville live on TV, and have seen another 3 this season, all of them with more negative chants about sucking and the "you, you, you" chant -- it also a few times getting the attention of the FSD broadcasters. There's no ambiguity at all that the Preds fans constantly get made fun of because they simply act like bitter fans and spend too much time worrying about trashing the Wings than supporting their own team when they are at the game. They get the attention they do because it's plainly obvious.

Edited by Shoreline

I went to the game. Despite the crappy outcome obviously, I had a blast going to Nashville and being in downtown.

The generalizations in here with Predator fans as hicks or rednecks can't be further from the truth, and it's a joke. It is defiintely a more country atmosphere than normal but the amount of people I saw in cowboy style were fairly small.

In terms of them thinking we are rivals, what do you expect? They haven't been in the league that long, Detroit plays in the same division, we've played them a few playoff series, they're trying to find some identity. Nothing wrong with this.

As for the whole YOU SUCK chants, I'm sorry, but complain about something more important. They can say plenty of things worse. It's just something they do to get jacked up and the like. They aren't acting like a'holes towards players or fans of other teams, they aren't purposefully harming people, let them do there thing. There's nothing wrong with getting involved and making noise and the like.

Now, before people say that I am claiming Nashville as a hockey mecca, I'm not. I'm saying, no more or less, that the experience in Nashville and at the game were fun, the fans I came in contact with were cool and gracious, and a lot of the stuff in here dumping on Nashville is overblown.

The Nashville players commenting on the crowd aren't going to ***** about silly negative fans. That's suicide for marketing. Nextly, opposing teams' players aren't going to ***** about the fans because it just gives the fans more reason to keep doing it.

For over half a dozen seasons I saw the Preds play the Wings 4 times in Nashville live on TV, and have seen another 3 this season, all of them with more negative chants about sucking and the "you, you, you" chant -- it also a few times getting the attention of the FSD broadcasters. There's no ambiguity at all that the Preds fans constantly get made fun of because they simply act like bitter fans and spend too much time worrying about trashing the Wings than supporting their own team when they are at the game. They get the attention they do because it's plainly obvious.

if you think we chant because we are bitter you are just not insightful enough to put any kind of thought ito it. The poster right above me has it exactly right. we arent bitter, its what we do to get "jacked up". we do it to everyone, including teams we have dominated for several years like C-bus and the Blues. It may be different than what you do, but its still just part of the experience.

as for 'constantly being made fun of'...well, maybe on message boards, but not anywhere else...

It was meant as a joke............ Sorry if I offended you or anyone elce...............By the way I wasn't referring to THAT scene, which is NOT a *** scene, it is a RAPE seen.............My reference was to the gun toting, floppy hatted hillbilly boys in the movie.............If that offends you, SORRY.......... My Neice is *** and I love her dearly she along with her friends stay at my place when they visit florida.........Lighten up, it makes life a lot easier...........

Guest Shoreline
if you think we chant because we are bitter you are just not insightful enough to put any kind of thought ito it. The poster right above me has it exactly right. we arent bitter, its what we do to get "jacked up". we do it to everyone, including teams we have dominated for several years like C-bus and the Blues. It may be different than what you do, but its still just part of the experience.

as for 'constantly being made fun of'...well, maybe on message boards, but not anywhere else...

Hell, Predators fans are coming here to try and separate themselves from the loonies who have nothing better to do than chant about how the Wings suck. That's yet another indicator that the insinuation about Preds fans are true. And uh, no, it isn't just message boards. Even Sharks fans make fun of Predators fans and point out the same thing.

Edited by Shoreline

Guest Shoreline
For a team that isn't a rival to the Red Wings, there sure are a lot of posts about them on LGW...

I don't ever recall complaining about Avs fans 6-13 years ago. Players on the Wings hold no resentment toward the Preds, and largely they aren't even on the same skill level. Making fun of another team's fans really isn't on par with a rivalry.