• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Heaton

Ericsson/Downey Up; Helm/Leino to GR

Rate this topic

Guest Shoreline

This will be interesting.

I don't agree with this unless Hossa is back.

Wow, Leino had been playing great. Wish he couldve stuck around. Can't wait to see Ericcson out there tho.

I think this probably has more to do with the fact that we want to see who will be up come playoffs... I'm pretty sure Leino will be on the roster come playoffs... and Downey coming up makes since, due to the fact that we're playing some chippy St. Louis and Colorado teams back to back in the next few days...

Guest mindfly

Very interesting, hope we get to see some fights.... hossa should be back for the game tomorrow according to babcock

I would also assume that leino and helm are granted the spots on the team come playoff time when the salary cap doesn't interfere

Edited by mindfly

Very interesting, hope we get to see some fights.... hossa should be back for the game tomorrow according to babcock

I would also assume that leino and helm are granted the spots on the team come playoff time when the salary cap doesn't interfere

I love how your mind works mindfly. :D

Isn't there a certain limit to low long a player can be up before he has to clear waivers to go back down? Maybe this has something to do with that.

only on guys that are on 1 way contracts that have already been waived for allowance to be sent back down, i.e. Darren McCarty

if a guy is on a 2 way contract and still has options (like Helm and Leino) you can ship them back and forth as much as the options allow

Wow, Id rather see helm demoted and Ericsson brought up, Downey isnt worth a spot on the roster...Never scores, fights once in a blue moon, and takes dips*** penalties

Guest mindfly
I love how your mind works mindfly. :D

I know ;)... i've been fed up lately with the softness of the team, a change like this could just do good, atleast short term i think :)

Shaman464: Just the presense of downey could make the opponents take less liberties on the team, and thats huge for star players.

Edited by mindfly

if you play more than a certain amount of games in a season for the nhl team, your salary goes towards the cap. the wings dont want to send them down, they have to or they'll end up with cap penalty bulls*** as far as i know. i don't know exactly how many games count, but i think it's between 9-12. if anyone knows the logistics of this please let us know.

love leino love helm

both great players played great

but DOWNEY!!!!!!!

he played well in the one game this year and after the 8-0 game i think donwey will be a nice energy boost in a way different than goal scoring which we have plenty of

im real happy to see him up i was against him going down tho im glad i got to see leino

also stoked to see ericson

Wow, Id rather see helm demoted and Ericsson brought up, Downey isnt worth a spot on the roster...Never scores, fights once in a blue moon, and takes dips*** penalties

He plays about 5 minutes a game and his presence alone helps our stars.

Now I'm not one to constantly say we need an enforcer but do you remember last year against Colorado?

BTW, come playoff time I hope Leino and Helm have roster spots over Downey

As opposed to our other enforcers, right?

When exactly did Downey take dips*** penalties for our team? You have no clue what you're talking about, do you? And who cares if he scores or not? That's not what the 4th line or enforcers are there for.

Once again, someone makes a stupid, uniformed post about Downey. Nice going.

Babcock said Leino would be in the linup until March, so this is something that was planned, I think.

They probably just want to rotate the young talent (Why Downey then?), which makes sense. This doesn't reflect anything about how Leino and Helm play, they'll be back.

Guest Shoreline

Since Downey IS fighting for a spot, or at least, being showcased for another team, I'm sure he's gonna bust his ass out there. And I'm just happy to see some more of Ericsson in a non-Preseason environment.

I'm assuming it's short term. Once the cap has settled and the rosters expand we'll see Helm and Leino right back up.

I think this probably has more to do with the fact that we want to see who will be up come playoffs... I'm pretty sure Leino will be on the roster come playoffs... and Downey coming up makes since, due to the fact that we're playing some chippy St. Louis and Colorado teams back to back in the next few days...

Exactly. Leino and Helm have earned spots on the expanded roster come playoff time. Ericsson's played great before; now's his chance to audition for a spot this year. The Wings know what Downey brings. The only question is whether he can play the role well enough, or do the Wings make a play for Neil or Lappy.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Don't have the article on hand but I am 99.9% sure that Babcockw as quoted on saying both Helm and Leino have all but guranteed a roster spot in the playoffs.

As opposed to our other enforcers, right?

When exactly did Downey take dips*** penalties for our team? You have no clue what you're talking about, do you? And who cares if he scores or not? That's not what the 4th line or enforcers are there for.

Once again, someone makes a stupid, uniformed post about Downey. Nice going.

I point out every dips*** penalty he takes whenever i see them, now granted I dont have a running list to refer to (when you take 50+ penalties a year there will be some dumbassed ones), but with the wing's PK being sooo piss poor, any penalty can lose a game. But as we all know Enforcers win stanley cups, thats why Downey was in our line up against pittsburgh <_< . Enforcers dont stop s*** in the NHL, they are there to take a run at someone after the other teams idiot does something stupid, well guess what, the wings need someone like that like we need a hole in our head. As for what the fourth line needs, its a guy who plays decent defense not a guy who is -5 in the AHL this year. You are just a fanboy of enforcers even if they take a roster spot of someone with actual skill and needs the time in the NHL to develop. You show me one game Downey has won for the wings and I will relent.

Edited by Shaman464

bitter sweet, I'm stoked to see both Downey and Ericsson back up, moreso than I am upset to see Helm and Leino sent back down, but I still wish all 4 could somehow be on the roster...

me too!

With Ericsson getting called up, does this mean that Meech is moving up to 4th line forward? Also, does this move mean that Lebda is still hurt and they are not letting on to it?