• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
40#1Fan

Red Wings' Injury Updates

Rate this topic

Update from Monday's late afternoon practice: Defenseman Andreas Lilja didn't skate. He has a concussion and a knee injury, after taking a big punch from Nashville's Shea Weber in a fight during Saturday's game. Lilja said it's not serious and that he's day to day. He'll miss at least the next two games

"He knocked me out, I had to admit it,'' Lilja said. "I just remember the first two punches and the rest of it I saw on TV afterward. I realized I probably got a concussion.''

Marian Hossa (stiff neck) is ready to play. Tomas Holmstrom had his first full practice with the team since having hernia surgery on Feb. 11 and said he hopes to return in a week, possibly by Saturday's game against Columbus. Brett Lebda (back spasms) will return to the lineup.

They juggled the lines a little after Saturday's 8-0 debacle in Nashville, but it's not necessarily what they'll start Tuesday's game in St. Louis with:

Cleary-Zetterberg-Hossa

Franzen-Datsyuk-Samuelsson

Hudler-Filppula-Kopecky

Maltby-Draper-Holmstrom

Holmstrom, obviously, isn't playing Tuesday. Coach Mike Babcock said Aaron Downey will play, so that's where he will skate.

Babcock said Jonathan Ericsson will make his Wings season debut Tuesday but indicated he hadn't settled on his defense pairings, other than to say Ericsson and Lebda are in for Lilja and Derek Meech.

Chris Osgood will start in goal. Babcock said will continue to alternate goalies for the time being.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/20...lja_out_wi.html

I feel bad for making fun of Lilja now. Now that I know he just sat there because he was freaking stunned and not just a pansy. :P

I kind of wondered because when he went to the box and Hudler came into the box as well to serve out the penalty, Huds was saying something to Lils and he totally looked like he was on another planet....

I knew it. He slipped during the fight, which gave Weber an unfair advantage. Otherwise, I'd give Weber the nod on that one.

At least Downey will take his place. It's great that Holland doesn't mind plugging another enforcer into the lineup due to this injury.

just to clarify.. i dont think the Lilja/Weber fight was about Lilja 'sticking up for" anybody. Weber isnt our enforcer either. this was a spontaneous fight caused by Lilja grabbing Webers chin and pulling him down from behind, not because someone else needed responding to...

I knew Andreas wouldn't get smoked THAT badly in a fair fight. Speedy recovery, man. We need you out there.

sorry but how is it "unfair" that a fight he precipitated ends up getting him his clock cleaned? Lilja 'slipped" because Weber was beating the snot out of him... weber isnt dirty, and in fact doesnt fight much at all.

EVERYONE THAT IS MAKING FUN OF LILJA, HE WAS OUT THERE FOR OVER 1:30 AND WAS EXHAUSTED BEFORE HE EVEN DROPPED THE GLOVES. I'M NOT SAYING HE IS BOB PROBERT BUT HE CAN HOLD HIS OWN.

Sorry, just irritates me when people just see a youtube video and try to judge fights. It's a pretty common rule for you non-hockey players to not fight someone on the end of there shift. With that said Lilja deserved the fight, and it was a perfect example of rest vs. unrested. End of story. If you want to see a bad fighter, I'll show you one.

Anyways, good to see people recovering and taking precautions. It's going to a big game tomorrow night.

sorry but how is it "unfair" that a fight he precipitated ends up getting him his clock cleaned? Lilja 'slipped" because Weber was beating the snot out of him... weber isnt dirty, and in fact doesnt fight much at all.

That's because Travis Moen KO'd his ass several years ago, and deterred Weber from fighting often.

That's because Travis Moen KO'd his ass several years ago, and deterred Weber from fighting often.

um, no... its because he is out best defenseman and we cant often afford to have him in the box for 5 minutes.

What a ******* *****. I really like Lillypads, but what a ******* *****. Learn to ******* fight or don't bother retaliating after Weber's chintzy elbow.

Guest Shoreline

There you go. So Lilja doesn't need to be the team's fighter. Next season, get a guy who can fight. There's only a few weeks left in the regular season so there's no point in getting a bully now. Just keep Lilja healthy and not getting his ass beat since he obviously isn't a great fighter.