• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
REDHASEK

Hossa injured vs. Blues, carried out on stretcher

Rate this topic

From MLIVE

Red Wings' Marian Hossa has movement in all extremities, never lost consciousness

by Ansar Khan

Tuesday March 03, 2009, 8:54 PM

Red Wings spokesman John Hahn said forward Marian Hossa has feeling in all extremities and never lost consciousness after sliding into the boards head-first at 5:24 of the first period in Tuesday's game in St. Louis. He was taken to a local hospital for precuationary purposes only, Hahn said.

Hossa was off-balance when he was pushed by Blues defenseman Roman Polak. He fell and slid hard into the boards. He immediately clutched his head with both hands. He was on the ice for several minutes while attended to by medical personnel, who strapped him to a board and placed him on a stretcher. This was Hossa's first game back after missing two games with a stiff neck.

Christ, I come home from the doctor's and the first thing I see on TSN is "Red Wings' Hossa taken off ice on stretcher". My heart SANK.

Glad to hear it's just precautionary, but I'm still freaked.

Guest Shoreline

f***.

Being that Downey is in the lineup, the enforcer argument gets nullified. It was a hit, a relatively clean hit (from first look), and an enforcer would not have stopped that from happening.

f***.

Being that Downey is in the lineup, the enforcer argument gets nullified. It was a hit, a relatively clean hit (from first look), and an enforcer would not have stopped that from happening.

Some folks around here make it sound that having an "enforcer" in the lineup somehow magically makes the other team think twice before hitting the elite players or fighting.... simply not true. I say "enforcer" because I was referring to Downey who is more of a sparring partner then enforcer. He fights but that does not make him an enforcer... I think you have to win fights to be considered an enforcer.

f***.

I'm fairly confident that's what GMR was implying....that an enforcer doesn't prevent players from getting hurt like some members here seem to think.

I'm fairly confident that's what GMR was implying....that an enforcer doesn't prevent players from getting hurt like some members here seem to think.

Thank you.

I was just making a joke out of an issue which has been beaten to death around here. I thought it was pretty funny, but some people here have no sense of humor and overreacted to it.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Guest Shoreline
Some folks around here make it sound that having an "enforcer" in the lineup somehow magically makes the other team think twice before hitting the elite players or fighting.... simply not true. I say "enforcer" because I was referring to Downey who is more of a sparring partner then enforcer. He fights but that does not make him an enforcer... I think you have to win fights to be considered an enforcer.

The biggest point of having an enforcer is when the after-the-whistle stuff happens, usually when the Wings beat the f*** out of opponents on the scoreboard. However, I kinda think all of the close games have something to do with teams actually spending more time trying to get back into the game than gooning it up. It's also good because players focus on the enforcer when they are on the ice, making them a very useful part of the game. It's something that, say, Chris Neil would bring to the team. And yes, Downey is an enforcer too. Consider who was here when Lids got run and smacked the crap out of Lappy.

The biggest point of having an enforcer is when the after-the-whistle stuff happens, usually when the Wings beat the f*** out of opponents on the scoreboard. However, I kinda think all of the close games have something to do with teams actually spending more time trying to get back into the game than gooning it up. It's also good because players focus on the enforcer when they are on the ice, making them a very useful part of the game. It's something that, say, Chris Neil would bring to the team. And yes, Downey is an enforcer too. Consider who was here when Lids got run and smacked the crap out of Lappy.

I understand the benefit of what an enforcer can add but some people think that their presence makes the cheap things stop. It doesn't. I'm all for a guy like Neil, someone who can add something to the game other then just the willingness to throw fists. I think Neil can chip in with some points ( like Probie could) unlike Downey.

All hospital tests were negative for Hossa.

Thank God for this news. By the way people re-acted I thought he might have been beheaded until I finally saw the replay. It was just 2 guys playing hockey the way I saw it, was unfortunate but thats about it.

Guest CaliWingsNut
The hit looked late to me.

Even if it was, it wouldn't have changed much. It's not like it's a player who wouldn't care, kid looked sorry for hoss sitting in the penalty box.

"I just spoke to Wings scout Mark Howe, a long-time NHL player, and he said he didn't think the hit looked that bad - he said that most likely, what Hossa felt was a stinger, a temporary numbness. "

http://www.freep.com/article/20090303/BLOG...me+on+stretcher

A really good skater in my league will be in a wheel chair for the rest of his life, barely able to feed himslef, after a crash into the boards like that. Crashes like that and Stuarts will always scare the BeJesus out of me.

Thank God it looks good at this point.

Just watched nhl on the fly and according to Craig Button, Mike Babcock says Hossa hopes to be able to make the trip to play the Avs tomorrow. If this is true I think it will be the best news we got all year. Hossa is the Wings best offensive player. What a relief, it could of been so much worse.

Just watched nhl on the fly and according to Craig Button, Mike Babcock says Hossa hopes to be able to make the trip to play the Avs tomorrow. If this is true I think it will be the best news we got all year. Hossa is the Wings best offensive player. What a relief, it could of been so much worse.

Maybe he'll remain on the trip with the team, but no way he plays tomorrow, and I'll actually be really disappointed if he does.

You gotta be kidding me. Even if all tests come back good, you gots to rest him a bit more just to be safe. That was too scary an incedent to risk playing him right away.

I can't imagine they'd play him tomorrow. I mean, they let him take a game off for concussion-like symptoms. I don't see them putting him in after being hospitalized.