• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Crymson

Quite a Perfect Game!

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson
i don't remember taking a shot at the wings play tonight but after suffering one of the worst losses in red wings history it was expected they would come with their A game. again all i said was perfect game and hossa on stretcher don't go together. if i knew i would upset you two sweethearts soo much i would probably refrain from from saying anything but i do apologise and hey if we play the blues 16 times in the postseason we shouldn't have any problems but i do expect tougher opponents. anyway goodnight sweety

I'm sorry to see you're so controlled by your superstitions.

ok whatever i just don't get too high with a win or do i get too low with a loss . common sense tells me if you're ok they don't take you off on a strecher and by the way last time babcock said he was fine he missed two games. that's all. and i couldn't find a stream for tonight's game so but beating the blues after the embarrasment in nashville didn't come as a surprise. so calm down

News flash... WE WON WITHOUT HIM IN THE LINEUP FOR THE REST OF THE GAME... so yay glad he wasn't seriously (or at all) hurt on the play... but it was the perfect game by our guys out there... the other 20 guys.. you know the TEAM!!!

so hopfully The Hoss can rest up and be back soon, but we have been winning without him in the lineup too... its not the end of the world if he misses a few more games... ya know?

I was real impressed with Ericsson last night - kept it simple, but was not afraid to get involved in the offensive end. Not a single blunder while he was out there. I keep hoping, hoping, hoping we may have another Fischer in him.

The "perfect game" in the thread refers to the play, not the injuries.

Hey, gee, what a surprise, another come-lately punk showing up to say something obnoxious.

Quite pointed in general how so many people would rather concentrate on the negative than the positive. Sucks for you.

Yeh, some people just ain't ever happy.

I'll temper my comment with the fact, yes indeed, we usually beat up on the Blues. But they've been streaking lately, fighting for their lives and were up to the challenge last night. Well, they TRIED to be, I guess. :rolleyes:

Again, it is enteresting that the Blues were out there going hard and fast and taking aim at everything in red. There were elbows, high sticks and hard hits. Hockey most of us love. Yet the score speaks volumes, again. San Jose learned this last year. As did Calgary. And quite a few other teams likely talk about this as well. The Wings, as much as some in here try to claim, are NOT pushovers, and DO NOT back down. Those wanting to see two or three fights a game should get out and buy a couple of tickets to the A. Downey's a great guy, but the big club is built to win Cups. Not to give spots away in the lineup every night to guys who's sole purpose is to skate 5 minutes and instigate fights. :thumbdown:

finally two things i saw in last nights game we havent seen in a while

1. osgood plays great and gets a shutout

2. downey back with the wings and in the first game gets in a fight

hey crymson how about you wait for news on hossa before you open a thread like this you dumbass. if the news is bad i wouldn't want to call anything about tonight perfect. one game doesn't mean s*** so try looking at the big picture, which is taking a run at the cup. but try not to hurt yourself thinking too much

WOW, what a twit.

It always amazes me that the people who yell the loudest are the ones who need yelled down the mostest.

You know it's an epic game when everyone goes on about how the whipping boys had such a great game, list off the team's accomplishments, and most forget that Kronwall scored a goal.

Guest Crymson

I'll temper my comment with the fact, yes indeed, we usually beat up on the Blues. But they've been streaking lately, fighting for their lives and were up to the challenge last night. Well, they TRIED to be, I guess. :rolleyes:

It is, regardless of anything, in my opinion, good to see the Wings back to playing in top form again, however long it is for; hopefully it will be for the rest of the season. That was the point of this thread.

In my view, it's unfortunate for you if your expectations for the team are so high that you can't enjoy anything a well-played game---especially after a good period in which the team did NOT put together this sort of game---unless it fulfills a certain set of circumstances. I guess that's a potential pitfall of being a fan of a consistently-good team. But please don't act as if it's said set of circumstances is an absolute. It isn't. It's all in your head.

jesus christ i feel like i'm on a ******* pens or blackhawks board. saying that i see nothing perfect in having one of our players taken off on a stretcher makes me a bad guy??? why don't you idiots give your head a check. you're probably the same people who start panic threads after a bad loss. it's one freakin' game. this season has been a total rollercoaster ride so i don't read too much into one game. and if you would rather have a win over losing hossa well you can go f*** yourself.

ok whatever i just don't get too high with a win or do i get too low with a loss . common sense tells me if you're ok they don't take you off on a strecher and by the way last time babcock said he was fine he missed two games. that's all. and i couldn't find a stream for tonight's game so but beating the blues after the embarrasment in nashville didn't come as a surprise. so calm down

That is a ridiculous assumption. If anyone gets injured the way Hossa was last night, the first thing you do is stabilize their neck and put a collar on. Then you put him on a stretcher. Even if there is a minute chance that he has a neck injury, he has to be stabilized. If not, any movement can cause sudden death. So yeah, he has to be taken off like that.

Guest Crymson
jesus christ i feel like i'm on a ******* pens or blackhawks board. saying that i see nothing perfect in having one of our players taken off on a stretcher makes me a bad guy??? why don't you idiots give your head a check. you're probably the same people who start panic threads after a bad loss. it's one freakin' game. this season has been a total rollercoaster ride so i don't read too much into one game. and if you would rather have a win over losing hossa well you can go f*** yourself.

You've got some aggression issues, bro.

Edit: As I've clarified more than once, I was referring to a 'perfectly-played' game, not a 'perfect results' game. And the bolded section of your post makes you primo WRONG, as others here will tell you. And buddy---the people who start the snap-panic threads aren't the same people who start the optimistic threads. lol.

And if others want to be optimistic, then how about you back up off and let them? It's your problem if you can't handle the potential of loss.

Edited by Crymson

You've got some aggression issues, bro.

Edit: As I've clarified more than once, I was referring to a 'perfectly-played' game, not a 'perfect results' game.

Aw, give him a break. I teach eleven-and-counting-year-olds, and they tend to be excitable.

Actually, I'm the one that everybody gets pissed off at because I don't get pissy after a loss - I assume that we'll be fine and I don't concern myself with it.

I'd rather have a win, losing Hossa or not. Losing him was unfortunate, BUT it doesn't make the win any less significant. We're one point away from tying Boston & San Jose. If you don't read into the games - fine. But you're coming on here and trash talking everyone else, calling them dumbasses and idiots for celebrating a win. THAT'S why people are getting so pissed off with you. Not because you have different ideas on what a perfect game is.

Edited by Ms_Hockey

I think the bold is brought about by your underlined areas... just saying... you are a bit jagged in your presentation ;)

and Yooowhooo The Hoss is fine... ergo PERFECT game!? no?

Again, it is enteresting that the Blues were out there going hard and fast and taking aim at everything in red. There were elbows, high sticks and hard hits. Hockey most of us love. Yet the score speaks volumes, again. San Jose learned this last year. As did Calgary. And quite a few other teams likely talk about this as well. The Wings, as much as some in here try to claim, are NOT pushovers, and DO NOT back down. Those wanting to see two or three fights a game should get out and buy a couple of tickets to the A. Downey's a great guy, but the big club is built to win Cups. Not to give spots away in the lineup every night to guys who's sole purpose is to skate 5 minutes and instigate fights. :thumbdown:

I hope you realize that you are in the minority in your discontent for both Downey and what he does. I wonder if you heard what Lidstrom, Ozzie or Zetterberg had to say last night after the game regarding Downey -- not to mention the 68% of Red Wings fans that voted him player of the game.

You do not know something about winning cups that everyone else doesn't -- Downey playing 62 games for us last year didn't hurt us in regards to winning the cup -- what it did do however was keep guys like Hossa from fighting, and Lilja from being forced to fight and subsequently knocked out.

I also question you hockey knowledge in a historical sense. Many teams that have won the cup were "built to do so". But they also had role players in the lineup -- some examples include the 93-94 Rangers (Kocur, Hartman, Kypreos), the 94-95 Devils (Peluso & McKay), the 95-96 Avalanche (Rychel & Simon), the 96-97 Wings (Pushor, McCarty & Kocur), the 97-98 Wings (Pushor, McCarty & Kocur), the 98-99 Stars (Marshall & Severyn), the 99-00 Devils (Oliwa, Odelin & McKay), the 00-01 Avalanche (Parker & Dingman), the 01-02 Wings (McCarty & Avery), the 02-03 Devils (McKenzie & Stevenson), the 03-04 Lightning (Dingman & Roy), the 05-06 Hurricanes (Boulerice), the 06-07 Mighty Ducks (their entire linup for the most part) and then last year the Red Wings (Downey, Drake & we can even toss in McCarty for his playoff time).

You see a lot of teams are set up to win cups, like the Wings the NJ Devils have faired pretty well over the last decade or so, same with the Avalanche -- and while Dallas has only won 1 cup they have been contenders for a couple different runs. I am not saying we dress Downey every night in the playoffs, or that we even use him outside being a spade player, but I do think there is some rhyme to the reason that all cup winners seem to have a tough guy or two inserted in their lineup throughout the year and even some in the playoffs (but not all.)

PS - weren't you the idiot who was claiming Downey was worthless because he didn't prevent what happened to Hossa last night? I think it was you -- if so I am pissed I actually spent time replying to you at all.

Edited by sureWhyNot

i don't remember taking a shot at the wings play tonight but after suffering one of the worst losses in red wings history it was expected they would come with their A game. again all i said was perfect game and hossa on stretcher don't go together. if i knew i would upset you two sweethearts soo much i would probably refrain from from saying anything but i do apologise and hey if we play the blues 16 times in the postseason we shouldn't have any problems but i do expect tougher opponents. anyway goodnight sweety

Am I the only one who found that mildly patronizing?

man screw this i joined this site because i've been checking it out for years and decided to join just to be a member of wings online community. even though i wasn't the only one disagreeing with "perfect" mentioned anywhere in this thread i guess it's easy to turn on a new member who thinks there's nothing perfect in possibly losing hossa. seeing wings win is always great as long as there are no consequences for the win. call me crazy but i will never call a game like that perfect. but you guys sure can make a new member welcome that's for sure. also i didn't know by being a member longer than i have been makes you somehow a better fan.

man screw this i joined this site because i've been checking it out for years and decided to join just to be a member of wings online community. even though i wasn't the only one disagreeing with "perfect" mentioned anywhere in this thread i guess it's easy to turn on a new member who thinks there's nothing perfect in possibly losing hossa. seeing wings win is always great as long as there are no consequences for the win. call me crazy but i will never call a game like that perfect. but you guys sure can make a new member welcome that's for sure. also i didn't know by being a member longer than i have been makes you somehow a better fan.

Buddy never mind whether the game was perfect or not, people started turning on you the moment you called them a dumbass and told them to f*** off. Normally most posters here are very welcoming, but you worn out your welcome already.

ohthedrama.gif

1-6.gif

why don't you idiots give your head a check.

whip.gif

...well you can go f*** yourself.

196.gif

And what another great win last night... sweeeet!

Edited by OsGOD

If you've been on this site for years you shouldn't have been surprised by the community's reaction to people like yourself.

Am I the only one who found that mildly patronizing?

"Mildly", my ass. I can see that pile of greasy magazines now.... :puke:

Meanwhile, this poster just lost my vote as goodwill ambassador for this board.

woah...this thread turned into handbags in a hurry didn't it?

lots of whiny ******* around here atm it seems

Edited by Cicada