• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Crymson

Quite a Perfect Game!

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Well done all around by the team. Those who are hard on Kopecky should give the guy some credit for the night, whatever that may be worth. Good play by Osgood and by all the others also. Ericsson looked great. Good to see Downey back in action, too. Hopefully Hossa will be OK.

:thumbup:

Almost perfect, but seeing Hossa being wheeled away on a stretcher makes it hard to say the game was perfect. You have to think long term, and not short term.

He just came back from an injury to his neck, also.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Guest Crymson

Hossa going out on a stretcher is not anything we can control. That said, you can either choose to brood about that or to enjoy the parts of the game that did go well.

In any event, the team's play was as close to perfect as it has been this season.

wow guess people can't be happy the wings won, yea they lost Hossa but its not the end of the world, it sucks that they lost him but dang. It don't mean you all have to jump down the guys throat.

I agree with the above post that name should be changed on this thread.

I do agree the Kopecky did earn a little respect out of me. He played a great game and scored a pretty goal. Well done and i hope that he can build off this game.

Guest Crymson

The "perfect game" in the thread refers to the play, not the injuries.

there's nothing perfect in losing one of our best players. and we beat st. louis which we often do so calm down.

Hey, gee, what a surprise, another come-lately punk showing up to say something obnoxious.

Quite pointed in general how so many people would rather concentrate on the negative than the positive. Sucks for you.

Edited by Crymson

It was surely an appropriate response to what will forever be referred to by historians as the Great Tennessee Embarrassment of 2009. It was particularly sweet to see Downey get fan-voted as player of the game too.

there's nothing perfect in losing one of our best players. and we beat st. louis which we often do so calm down.

Flip makes his first goal in, what, 19 games? Osgood not only has a solid game, but get's a shut out. Kopecky puts up a huge push for the playoff run and shows the effort he's been putting on the ice. Lebda blocks an amazing shot, saving the Blues from getting a goal. Draper scored without using his face.. and with a goalie in the opposing net.

But.. you're right. Hossa got hurt. How dare we celebrate the victory of our team's "underdogs".

Edited by Ms_Hockey

I can definitely agree tonight was a great night for the Wings'. I was mainly pleased with how Ericsson handled himself out there. Looked real strong in the corners/front of the net, looked good from the point on the PP, and made good decisions defensively. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by Carman

Flip makes his first goal in, what, 19 games? Osgood not only has a solid game, but get's a shut out. Kopecky puts up a huge push for the playoff run and shows the effort he's been putting on the ice. Lebda blocks an amazing shot, saving the Blues from getting a goal. Draper scored without using his face.. and with a goalie in the opposing net.

Thats a nice list...but where is the Downey mention? :ph34r:

hey crymson how about you wait for news on hossa before you open a thread like this you dumbass. if the news is bad i wouldn't want to call anything about tonight perfect. one game doesn't mean s*** so try looking at the big picture, which is taking a run at the cup. but try not to hurt yourself thinking too much

Thats a nice list...but where is the Downey mention? :ph34r:

You know, as soon as I saw "last post: uk_redwing", I thought to myself "I FORGOT DOWNEY'S FIGHT!"

So here it is.

AND DOWNEY GETTING THE PHYSICAL SIDE OF THE WINGS GOING.

Edited by Ms_Hockey

It was a perfect game by all means -- Hossa's injury sucked, but seeing as though he is OK and every single faccet of the Red Wings play that needed improvement did so in front of our eyes tonight more then anyone (or at least in my personal opinion) could have asked for.

Kopecky with an absolute monster of a game.Flip getting that goal finally which will hopefully be the slumpbuster he's needed.Our defense, specifically in our own zone - which had been shaky to say the least - looked 100 times better.Kronner netted one, which will get his confidence going.We (or I should say; those of us who) asked for it, got it -- Downey in a GREAT HW tilt that energized the boys.Erikson looking sturdy as all hell -- I have a feeling this kid (barring his health) is going to be great.Draper netting another one -- continuing a trend of increased offensive production.Zetterberg doing his thing as usual.Dats being DatsOzzie playing 60 minutes of rock solid hockey -- no "fluke" goals, just great goal tending. A penalty kill that looked like the PK from last year, and not the one from last month.PP trucking along & efficient as ever.

Seeing as though Hossa is going to be all right -- as stated above -- I think it is hard not to look at this game as Perfect. This showing literally answered every single one (and there's a lot as I am sure you all know) complaint or issue us posters have had with the team. Flip's offense, goal tending, Kopecky's play, toughness/snarl, PK, etc, etc.

I am so pumped up right now that this team played to their potential and looked absolutely amazing doing it. You have got to be happy if you are a Wings fan after tonights game -- the reasons as Murph put it in the post game "are endless".

hey crymson how about you wait for news on hossa before you open a thread like this you dumbass. if the news is bad i wouldn't want to call anything about tonight perfect. one game doesn't mean s*** so try looking at the big picture, which is taking a run at the cup. but try not to hurt yourself thinking too much

Are you too poor to own a tv or are you just that dumb?

Every hospital test came back negative. He's fine - and Babcock expects him to be with the team in Colorado tomorrow.

Edited by Ms_Hockey

Dude I think you are the one who needs to be following the news updates regarding Hossa. They announced, and spoke with Babcock about Hossa during the post game show -- and he's fine.

Chill out on the pixie stick snorting -- it's making you sound foolish.

Guest Crymson

Because OMG.... if I call it perfect and he's injured, then the universe will implode!

Get a life, klutz.

With a comment like that I think you are the one looking like a dumbass.

Back to the topic, I agree. This was one of the best all-around played games for the Wings (apart from the San Jose game). Good to see Kopecky looking really good, Downey fighting and Ozzie looking confident. Those two things can only mean good things to come.

As for Hossa, Babs said that Hossa actually asked the doctors if he would be okay to play tomorrow...lol. Now, thats dedication.

Edited by Wings_Rule_1010

ok whatever i just don't get too high with a win or do i get too low with a loss . common sense tells me if you're ok they don't take you off on a strecher and by the way last time babcock said he was fine he missed two games. that's all. and i couldn't find a stream for tonight's game so but beating the blues after the embarrasment in nashville didn't come as a surprise. so calm down

You know, as soon as I saw "last post: uk_redwing", I thought to myself "I FORGOT DOWNEY'S FIGHT!"

So here it is.

AND DOWNEY GETTING THE PHYSICAL SIDE OF THE WINGS GOING.

Much better. Hail Downey.

Detroit%20Red%20Wings%20v%20Pittsburgh%20Penguins%20Game%20zC1xATNpXnAl.jpg

ok whatever i just don't get too high with a win or do i get too low with a loss . common sense tells me if you're ok they don't take you off on a strecher and by the way last time babcock said he was fine he missed two games. that's all. and i couldn't find a stream for tonight's game so but beating the blues after the embarrasment in nashville didn't come as a surprise. so calm down

You don't celebrate wins, so we shouldn't either because it shows a lack of common sense. That's really what you're saying, here.

If you don't want to discuss what the Wings have improved on since the game against Nashville - don't. But don't look down on others for doing it.

i don't remember taking a shot at the wings play tonight but after suffering one of the worst losses in red wings history it was expected they would come with their A game. again all i said was perfect game and hossa on stretcher don't go together. if i knew i would upset you two sweethearts soo much i would probably refrain from from saying anything but i do apologise and hey if we play the blues 16 times in the postseason we shouldn't have any problems but i do expect tougher opponents. anyway goodnight sweety