• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
uk_redwing

Video: Aaron Downey v Cam Janssen

Rate this topic

It was a good fight but not the fight of the year. Maybe for the Wings but that really couldn't have taken much.

There havnt been many highlight fights this year tbh. And this was the longest fight so far this season by 15 seconds or so. Its definately a contender.

And the owner of hockeyfights.com called it the fight of year, and he knows his s***.

Edited by uk_redwing

There havnt been many highlight fights this year tbh. And this was the longest fight so far this season by 15 seconds or so. Its definately a contender.

And the owner of hockeyfights.com called it the fight of year, and he knows his s***.

In my humble opinion, Dorsett vs. Carcillo was more than a little bit better than this one. I'd like to hear an argument how it isn't.

It was an epic fight. I can't believe how long the linesmen let it go :) Nothing better than the refs letting the fight play out instead of jumping in too soon.

Great fight Downs! Thanks!

I missed the whole damn fight, left the room and walked in at around the 2 minute mark of that video and promptly yelled a few choice four-letter pieces of vocabulary.

Who'd have thought a Wing would be in what I would consider to be one of the top fights of the year?

In my humble opinion, Dorsett vs. Carcillo was more than a little bit better than this one. I'd like to hear an argument how it isn't.

Didnt Dorsett brake his hand in that fight? Tonights was injury free and fun for the whole family :lol:

I gotta agree. Dorsett - Carcillo was incredible.

This was a great fight too though.

This was a long one. But I think the fight of the year has have a few more solid shots landed than this one did. Still pretty good. Best fight for the Wings this year, but that isn't saying much.

Found it:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

Downey and Janssen had a great fight, I'm not taking away from it, but it's a no-contest that this was better.

Great fight, all things considered I think it end up in the top 5 of all year in terms of the whole league -- But at least to myself, and probably a lot of Wings fans, this will be the fight of the year.

I loved tonights game man -- that's all I can really say. Everything clicking -- every aspect of the game (scoring, special teams, our defensive play in our own zone, snarl/grit, etc.) to a point of perfection for the Red Wings. Can't ask for much more man, I love it.

I also love the fact Downey is 100% (2 for 2) in receiving the FSD fan player of the game award. He won it his first game against Dallas with close to 50% of the total votes, and tonight he won it with the largest margin I have personally seen -- 68% of the total votes.

Ear to ear grin right now thanks too every one who stepped up tonight (Flip, Kopecky, Ozzie, Erikson, and really everyone in a winged wheel uniform.)

The top 5 fights as according to dropyourgloves.com:

Fights

Best

Boulton-Orr 8.8

Cote-Godard 8.7

Downey-Janssen 8.7

Carcillo-Dorsett 8.6

Rypien-Staubitz 8.4

Downey-Janssen has had mere hours to collect votes and they mainly would've been from biased Wings and Blues fans that have seen it. Give it a day or two. I guarantee it'll drop.