• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/4 GDT: Red Wings 3, Avalanche 2

Rate this topic

A heads up to all the Wings fans out there who rely (relied) upon the internet to watch our beloved Hockeytown Heroes. The game will be webcast this evening on Versus Hockey night on Yahoo!. Here is the link:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/hockeynight/2009030417

I'll definitely be staying up for this one, we need to keep the momentum going.

4-1 Wings!

Current Streaks

Season Streaks

Overall: 1-game winning streak (shutout)

Road: 1-game winning streak (shutout).

Streaks vs. Colorado

Overall: 3-game losing streak (2 shootouts)

Road: 1-game losing streak (shootout).

Record on this Date

March 4

This is the 24th game played on this date. The Club's record in the previous 23 games:

10W-9L-3T-1OTL.

LGW.

With no Hossa, No Homer, and No Lilja the wings struggle and only win 5-2, Conk and the boys let up two PP goals.

Dats, Z, Cleary line gets 3 ES goals

2nd PP gets 2

I don't know I am just making this s*** up as I go!!

Win this game boys and never look back, then I don't have to shave my head for the Pres trophy bet!!!!!

With no Hossa, No Homer, and No Lilja the wings struggle and only win 5-2, Conk and the boys let up two PP goals.

Dats, Z, Cleary line gets 3 ES goals

2nd PP gets 2

I don't know I am just making this s*** up as I go!!

Win this game boys and never look back, then I don't have to shave my head for the Pres trophy bet!!!!!

:unsure::rolleyes:

Mlive blog.....

March 4, Detroit Free Press: Update from the Pepsi Center here in Denver: Defenseman Derek Meech was among the handful of players who participated in the morning skate. Meech said he's playing forward tonight against the Avalanche.

Marian Hossa wasn't at the skate, but he was on the plane last night from St. Louis to Denver. Hossa was hurt five minutes into the 5-0 game when he crashed headfirst into the boards, was taken to hospital, but all early tests were negative and he was released.

Meech is filling in for Hossa, right? Downey will still be in as well?

Yes, Downey should be playing tonight. He and Ericsson were both sent down earlier today in case of a trade, but were then both recalled again after the deadline, so he should be in the lineup tonight.

Edited by Kp-Wings

The Wings, in a paper transaction, reassigned defenseman Jonathan Ericsson and forward Aaron Downey to Grand Rapids (AHL) and then recalled them. They will play tonight in Colorado.

They needed to be on the Griffins roster prior to the NHL trading deadline in order to be eligible for the AHL playoffs. The Wings used one of their four remaining recalls to bring Ericsson back up. They brought Downey back up on an emergency recall because of Hossa's injury, so that doesn't count toward the post-trade deadline four-recall limit.

Ty Conklin will start in goal tonight against the Avalanche.

MLive

If the Wings can get this win, it'll be the first time in a while that DET is on top of the Standings, not just the conference but the whole league as well. I really hope we can get this W!!

Red Wings 5 (Dats, Z, Z, Lidstrom, Hudler)

Dives 1

Mlive blog.....

March 4, Detroit Free Press: Update from the Pepsi Center here in Denver: Defenseman Derek Meech was among the handful of players who participated in the morning skate. Meech said he's playing forward tonight against the Avalanche.

Marian Hossa wasn't at the skate, but he was on the plane last night from St. Louis to Denver. Hossa was hurt five minutes into the 5-0 game when he crashed headfirst into the boards, was taken to hospital, but all early tests were negative and he was released.

I wonder why not Leino?

i just heard on the grand rapids news that hossa flew with the team to colorado, but he wont play.

still that sounds like pretty good news. if he had any sort of injury requiring speacial care i would think he would have gone right back to detroit or have stayed in the hospital. everything i've heard is that he'll be fine.

big sigh of relief!

edit: oops guess this was already out.

Edited by redwing_sparty

The Avs will wish this game was played in ten-minute halves

‘Cause the Wings will make ‘em chase ‘til they get cramps in their calves.

Zetts and Dats will deke 'em like two sweet Toyota RAVS

And the Avs will find that for their wounds, there's no Known salves.

4-1 Wings