• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
crazy13

Rumor: Scott Clemmenson to Detroit?

Rate this topic

Anything could happen, but I think the Wings will stand pat this year. Or at least, if they make any moves, it won't involve a goalie.

I tend to believe it when Kenny says that we aren't looking for a netminder.

I was just reading how NJ is dead set on moving the guy no matter what. He did look damn good, but I don't know.

I am glad a thread got started though, it's definitely some food for though at the least.

This year Scott Clemmenson started 39 games with the Devils in Brodeur's absence and went 25 and 13 while posting a 2.30 GAA and a .917 save percentage. He would be available through trade as he was currently sent down to Jersey's minor league affiliate after Brodeur returned. He only makes .5m/yr and we could easily fit that in on the pro-rated scale after March 4.

To say he was stellar for the Devils is an understatement and he would fill the biggest hole on our team heading into the playoffs. What would Jersey want in return for him? Would they be looking for an "impact" player right now to help them in their playoff drive this year or a prospect/pick package that could help them in the future?

Would Kenny be willing to trade a little of the DRW famed loyalty for a shot at repeating this year? Getting a legitimate chance to repeat doesn't come along very often for a franchise. Usually there are significant personnel losses or a myriad of other factors which lessens the chance of winning the cup two years in a row but from a defense and forward perspective it could be argued that the Wings are actually stronger this year than last with the additions of Hossa, Leino, Helm and Ericsson and the improved play of Hudler, Sammy and Franzen in the regular season. This good a chance to repeat might not come along for 20 years.

I would welcome someone to push Ozzie and Conks. I know it would cause roster spot issues, and Ozzie's nose might get out of joint but it might be worth it to improve the goaltending situation heading into the playoffs.

If you were Kenny would you make the trade, and what would you be willing to give up in the form of either a current roster player or a prospect/pick package?

Edited by daniel1

Nobody really looks in the rumor mill, though. At least I don't.

Anyway, I've never heard of that site that was reporting Detroit being interested in Clemmenson. Does anyone know how valid it's rumors tend to be? It didn't link to a source of where the rumor came from.

No.

So you're saying you wouldn't give up, lets say a 2nd round pick and some GR prospect? What harm could a trade like this even do? What if Osgood melts down in Game 1, what if Conklin melts down in Game 1? If even one of them completely breaks down (which is highly likely given this season), why not have a 3rd goalie who's proven he can rise above HUGE pressure?

So you're saying you wouldn't give up, lets say a 2nd round pick and some GR prospect? What harm could a trade like this even do? What if Osgood melts down in Game 1, what if Conklin melts down in Game 1? If even one of them completely breaks down (which is highly likely given this season), why not have a 3rd goalie who's proven he can rise above HUGE pressure?

Yes, because Ozzie has never proven to play well under HUGE pressure. Clemmenson is certainly more apt to handling playoff hockey.

Eklund has us looking at vokoun now.............

i hate blogger rumors

Yeah right, the Panthers are going to trade Tomas ******* Vokoun. That's about the dumbest idea ever conceived. Why don't the Wings "take a look at" Brodeur and Lundqvist while they're at it.

Hey, if Kenny feels he needs to grab a goalie to give us some insurance, so be it. But i'm pretty damn happy to be sitting here this morning, with two goalies named Osgood and Conklin, while all these other Cup "hopefuls" fight over each other before 3 PM to upgrade their goaltending, their toughness, and on and on ... :D

fine we can stand pat in the goalie situation,but i would still like to go get chris neil.

I would be happy with just that move.But what do we give up for him...

Thefourthperiod has us offering Jimmy Howard and a 3rd for Neil.

Edited by MaynardJKeenan

Thefourthperiod has us offering Jimmy Howard and a 3rd for Neil.

Hm. As long as Howard doesn't turn into the second coming of Hasek with them I'd live with that.

Larsson can probably come up this upcoming year.

ZDH = 2 stars and a 1st line utility player.

Franzen - Flip - Hossa = 1 star, 1 1st liner, and a 2nd liner.

Cleary - Hudler - Sammy = 3 2nd liners.

Leino - Draper - Neil = 3 3rd liners / 1 potential 2nd liner

Kopecky = solid 3rd/4th liner

Maltby = solid 3rd/4th liner

Downey = Enforcer

Oh lawdy lawd, talk about loaded.