• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Race Bannon

Trade Franzen

Rate this topic

Hi Everyone, long-time lurker, first time poster. Enjoy the website immensely.

Anywho, I wish we would dump Franzen since he may not re-sign next year; and yes I know that the team that bites might get a short-term rental. Lately it seems that "Mule" is splattered all over the ice and getting roughed up by the other teams defensemen. For a "Mule" of his stature his legs are as wobbly as fawn. Bring back Homer, dump the Mule for Neil. Peace Out.

Anywho, I wish we would dump Franzen since he may not re-sign next year; and yes I know that the team that bites might get a short-term rental. Lately it seems that "Mule" is splattered all over the ice and getting roughed up by the other teams defensemen. For a "Mule" of his stature his legs are as wobbly as fawn. Bring back Homer, dump the Mule for Neil. Peace Out.

Terrible idea.

Guest Shoreline

Don't agree at all. Homer isn't as early on in his career as Mule. Him getting roughed up is a result of how he plays. That's how it's going to be. Can't possibly see why that's a reason not to try and negotiate with him and especially use him in the playoffs.

Better idea...

Lets trade Hank, Hossa, Dats, Mule and Lidstrom for Ray Emery. I mean everyone thinks we need help in the net. I think Kenny could make it happen.

Trade the Mule, what a stupid idea.

I'm all for this. Keep in mind, Hossa or Franzen. Trade Franzen for even draft picks. We've got Helm, Downey, Leino, Abdelkader and Kopecky is learning how to get points as of late. Or just to clear up some space and get a guy who will hit..or just stand up for our players when they get beat on every game. We hav an abundance of finess scorers....Unless Franzen starts to hit and learns to fight...his big body is going to waste if all he can do is use his hand like he's holdin a tea cup.

Welcome to the boards -- it is an awesome site without a doubt.

But as you are finding out by the replies here there are some things that will elicit snarky and patronizing responses -- and one of those things is mentioning anything about a trade or change to the norm. People do not fancy that stuff around here and will let you know it via an avalanche of replies such as

"Lets trade Hank, Hossa, Dats, Mule and Lidstrom for Ray Emery. I mean everyone thinks we need help in the net. I think Kenny could make it happen.""Lets just break up the team."" lets dump off Hossa and Datsyuk for Crosby. The depth he would bring and his fighting capabilities."

So remember -- censor those thoughts and/or ideas before posting them or you will be forced to face the comedians that frequent this joint.

I'm all for this. Keep in mind, Hossa or Franzen. Trade Franzen for even draft picks. We've got Helm, Downey, Leino, Abdelkader and Kopecky is learning how to get points as of late. Or just to clear up some space and get a guy who will hit..or just stand up for our players when they get beat on every game. We hav an abundance of finess scorers....Unless Franzen starts to hit and learns to fight...his big body is going to waste if all he can do is use his hand like he's holdin a tea cup.

We need more of this kind of thinking, too bad it will never happen. Holland will end up signing this guy for years its gonna be painful to watch.

We need more of this kind of thinking, too bad it will never happen. Holland will end up signing this guy for years its gonna be painful to watch.

Thank god the 3 people on here who want to do this aren't the GM. I mean really, what does Ken Holland know? 4 Cups in 11 years, and regarded as the best run franchise in the sport. But the three geniuses that want to trade the Mule know much more. Settle down kids, the grownups just may know a little more.

I don't think this was that far off the mark. Franzen is overrated imo simply due to the fact he's a Red Wing. He's a good forward with good moves for a big man, but hardly a super power forward such as a Bertuzzi in his prime.

I'd trade Mule, I don't think it'll be feasible to keep Franzen and Hossa and I'd rather have Hossa.

Also, what is up with Franzen and him talking trash then hiding behind the linesmen when the opponent steps up?

Better idea...

Lets trade Hank, Hossa, Dats, Mule and Lidstrom for Ray Emery. I mean everyone thinks we need help in the net. I think Kenny could make it happen.

Trade the Mule, what a stupid idea.

Your sarcasm missed by about 100 yards. What's with this board attacking, quite rudely in fact, new posters? Unbelievable disrespect.

Welcome to LGW. f*** all those guys with their stupid replies. Too many 14 yr olds with internet access on their IPods screwing off in the classroom.

It's definitely a legitimate concern you have, (maybe falsely) exacerbated by the fact that Mule has not been racking up the points per usual. While there are on going hopeful negotiations and talk by both Franzen's camp and Holland, common math says we can't have both Hossa and Franzen. So if we can't have both, should we trade the one that has been scoring much less?

Thats a tuff call that I am perfectly happy not to have to make. But its definitely a legtimate question and while I'm not so sure I agree with your opinion, it's one of only a few options availbe to the Red Wings. I, for one, would hate to lose Franzen.

Are teams on to him? No I don't necessarily think so. Is he getting pushed around in front of the net? Yes, he's getting his ass kicked, but only because he is man enough to go there.

LikeI said, tuff call. I hope we can keep Hossa and Franzen, somehow.

Worthy post, thanks, and welcome to LGW.

Your sarcasm missed by about 100 yards. What's with this board attacking, quite rudely in fact, new posters? Unbelievable disrespect.

Not so much disrespect as low self esteem. This message board is plagued with it. Look at the 'Perfect Game' thread. Only here could so many people argue about something so stupid and meaningless.