• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HomeNugget

Detroit Lions 2009 Thread

Rate this topic

Perhaps this is the new logo?

http://www.detnews.com/article/20090324/SP...+new+Lions+logo

For those too lazy to click a link.....or in case that one disappears - it's basically the old logo with detail added so the lion is no longer a simple silhouette:

lionslogo.gif

Concept is a good one. Needs a few tweaks, though.

seems to make the most sense given information leading up to this story. i doubt we'll know anything more about this before april 1. it would be better to see the modified logo w/o the grey splash, to get a better feel what it would really look like. anyone want to photoshop that it post it here? or even better yet, photoshop w/o the grey on an actual lions colors football helmet. any takers?

I'm a graphic designer by day and I was given the task of fleshing out what appears to be the Lions' new logo using the toy truck as a basis:

NEW_LIONS_LOGO-remake1.gif

Also in PDF format: http://letsgowings.com/temp/NEW_LIONS_LOGO-remake1.pdf

This isn't official, of course, but I wouldn't expect the official one to deviate from this aside from some small adjustments that are lost because the original source artwork is so small.

well done, matt... thanks. even if there are few changes forthcoming and the fact that its only a logo and not a heart transplant, its indicative of what i expect with the new staff and players... MORE FIGHT.

amen.

eh, there was actually a lot of fight in last year's team. I kind of wonder how much fight they'd have had in them if they'd gotten a win early on, but actually they never gave up on the season and you have to give them (and Marinelli) credit for that. What they lacked was any semblance of talent.

Is that what the Lions or telling him, or his scumbag agent?

In any case, if the Lions do pick Stafford, I hope they play him right away. That way it'll take less time for them to realize Stafford is a bust and they can get busy finding another quarterback that much sooner.

Schedule is out. I'd say St. Louis, Cleveland, Cincy, and SF are possible wins. Although Cincy and SF are on the road. 2-14, anyone?

Week Date Matchup 2008 TV Time

1 Sun, Sept. 13 at New Orleans 8-8 FOX 1 p.m.

2 Sun, Sept. 20 vs. Minnesota ~ 10-6 FOX 1 p.m.

3 Sun, Sept. 27 vs. Washington 8-8 FOX 1 p.m.

4 Sun, Oct. 4 at Chicago 9-7 FOX 1 p.m.

5 Sun, Oct. 11 vs. Pittsburgh^ 12-4 CBS 1 p.m.

6 Sun, Oct. 18 at Green Bay 6-10 FOX 1 p.m.

7 BYE

8 Sun, Nov. 1 vs. St. Louis 2-14 FOX 1 p.m.

9 Sun, Nov. 8 at Seattle 4-12 FOX 4:05 p.m.

10 Sun, Nov. 15 at Minnesota ~ 10-6 FOX 1 p.m.

11 Sun, Nov. 2 vs. Cleveland 4-12 CBS 1 p.m.

12 Thu, Nov. 26 vs. Green Bay * 6-10 FOX 12:30 p.m.

13 Sun, Dec. 6 at Cincinnati 4-11-1 FOX 1 p.m.

14 Sun, Dec. 13 at Baltimore ~ 11-5 FOX 1 p.m.

15 Sun, Dec. 20 vs. Arizona ^ ~ 9-7 FOX 1 p.m.

16 Sun, Dec. 27 at San Francisco 7-9 FOX 4:05 p.m.

17 Sun, Jan. 3 vs. Chicago 9-7 FOX 1 p.m

* Thanskgiving

^ Super Bowl

~ Playoff Contender

^^^I never like judging your wins with the NFL just because a team can rise or fall so fast. Who knows, St. Louis could be this year's Miami, or Atlanta, and kill us. Or here's a better thought: Maybe Detroit is this year's Miami/Atlanta (-:

^^^I never like judging your wins with the NFL just because a team can rise or fall so fast. Who knows, St. Louis could be this year's Miami, or Atlanta, and kill us. Or here's a better thought: Maybe Detroit is this year's Miami/Atlanta (-:

I'm thinking this year's Detroit will be a marginally better version of last year's Detroit.

looking at the schedule for 09/10, the lions' chances of winning 6 games are at least favorable. i believe they're capable of that and more but i'm going to step out on faith that this new staff and the attitude they bring will amount to at least 6 victories.

that would be a stellar improvement from the dismal 08/09 campaign.

this would also lead to good draft position, leaving them in familiar territory and within striking distance to a better quarterback than what this year's crop offers.

here's hoping the lions pass on stafford and address the OL before anything else.

1. Aaron Curry LB Wake Forest

20. Peria Jerry DT Ole Miss

33. Max Unger C/G Oregon

65. Duke Robinson G Arkansas

81. Macho Harris CB Virginia Tech

137. Terrance Taylor DT Michigan

174. P.J. Hill RB Wisconsin

192. Sammie Stroughter WR/KR Oregon State

255. Daniel Holtzclaw LB Eastern Michigan

That is my wish list.. Curry would solidify our LB Corps.. Peria would add some great depth, Possible starter at DT along with Cohen,5-0,Grady. Unger/Duke can fight it out for the Starting G and Backup G spot.. Macho Harris is a physical hands on Corner, good against the run.. Terrance is a big strong hog can handle double teams. PJ is a nice big thumper who can punish defenses. Sammie is a great kick returner. and Daniel is very instinctful LB'er who will end up being a heart and soul type special teamer.

Edited by xBrave_Heartx

So today we learn how badly they messed up the uniforms and if the leaked logo is in fact the actual logo. (It probably is.)

I am not aware of this news. Where did you read or hear that?

EDIT: Never mind...I found it.

Edited by mannysBETTER3434

I read a Lions article in the Freep today and I have to agree with it. It talked about how the draft gets closer it just seems like a no win situation.

-Stafford excites me, and on the other hand he doesn't. My one side tells me if he would have stayed in school he would probably be drafted above Bradford, McCoy, etc. He also reminds me of John Elway. My other side tells me he has had one good season (remember Akili Smith?), and well the Lions have been a death trap for these kind of guys (Ware, Harrington, etc).

-Smith from Bama has red flags all over him. I would be pissed if they took that fat boy. According to most those other OL's are good, but don't compare to Jake Long, Joe Thomas, etc so it seems like you are not getting full value.

-Sanchez reminds me of Matt Leinart in every way possible.

-I would love Curry, but who drafts a LB at number 1?

Uggghhhh Lions!!!!!!

So, the leaked logo is the logo, and what Matt put up is 98% accurate, except for some added detail on the fringes of the mane and more detailed claws, which basically just wouldn't have come through on the small resolution stuff that was there to work with.