• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Stu in Israel

Lady Byng & standings

Rate this topic

Has anyone noticed that Zach Parise is running neck-and-neck with Pavel Datsyuk for the Lady Byng Memorial Trophy?

So the Wings now have the most points in the NHL. Big deal; Boston has one game in hand and San Jose has three - a meaningless statistic.

Having said that, I have a good feeling about a Sharks-Wings matchup. The Wings were close in their two losses at San Jose and the Sharks were blown-out in their two losses at JLA.

Wings were NOT close in their first meeting. Rafalski scored late to make it not so one-sided at 4-2. That said, I'm actually pretty confident that the Wings can hold their own. Adding Moen and Huskins makes the Sharks deeper in roster and tougher, but I don't see the Wings getting pushed around.

Wings were NOT close in their first meeting. Rafalski scored late to make it not so one-sided at 4-2. That said, I'm actually pretty confident that the Wings can hold their own. Adding Moen and Huskins makes the Sharks deeper in roster and tougher, but I don't see the Wings getting pushed around.

I heard that the pickups were in response to Mike Grier and Jeremy Roenick getting injured. Neither of them are listed on the IR, but Grier has a knee injury and Roenick's is undisclosed. In any event, I don't think Moen and Huskins are really going to do all that much when they verse us. Both the old and new Sharks aren't capable of playing with us when we're at 100%.

Not at the Joe, at least.

Yeah, that's why I want home ice in the playoffs.

The Sharks have two games in hand, assuming they win those two games it's a 4 point difference. The Wings have 17 games to catch them... I think they will do it, but it will probably be close.