• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Gary Roberts Retires

Rate this topic

wow Tampa has no credibility the way they treat people. They are 100% incompetent.

Roberts has to hear he was waived from his F'N brother in law. Is that how you run a pro organization? The whole franchise needs the Red Wings to beat some class and sense into them.

As for Roberts I wanted him on this team. I know it would not happen b/c of our cap situation but he'd have been the perfect Drake replacement. I hope he changes his mind since the only reason he was not claimed was his contract, partly over paid and partly b/c of the CBA bonus clause not being available this year for older players.

Roberts as a wings next year for dirt cheap could work well for both sides

I'll never forget the way he put the team on his injured shoulders in 2002 when half the Leafs roster was injured and he carried them all the way to the final four. They had no business getting that far, but Gary was so damned determined.

I'll never forget the way he put the team on his injured shoulders in 2002 when half the Leafs roster was injured and he carried them all the way to the final four. They had no business getting that far, but Gary was so damned determined.

I remember that series well. Gary Roberts was playing like a man possessed. I wanted him on the wings like 2 years before that series and a whole lot more after I watched him in that series. I still would not mind him next year if he came cheap and did not mind sitting once in awhile.

Never like to see anyone with that kind of competitive drive and determination forced to retire. It sucks, but at least Roberts played hard until he was 42 and accomplished more than 99% of the hockey players out there will ever accomplish in their lifetimes. Winning a Stanley Cup, played in 3 all star games, and a ton of great stats.

1224 games played

438 goals

472 assists

910 points

+229 over the course of his career

:beerbuddy:

A shame that an old warhorse had to go out like that.

As someone who likes Tampa Bay, I'm absolutely appalled with their current ownership/management. Their track record with veteran players is absolutely horrible this year -- Dan Boyle deceived; Roberts treated like garbage and dumped.

As much as I want to see them succeed, I hope Lecavalier gets the hell out and it wakes them up.

"Look who he's sitting next to, look who he's sitting next to."

... A rapist?

Seriously though, I disagree with Grapes on a lot, but he's right on this one -- the Penguins should'nt have let him go, he was a positive influence on that team.

This is the same thing Tampa did to Andreychuk a few years back. Classless organization.

Arent they still owned by Palace Entertainment........? Or did they finally sell the team?

Edited by Hockeytown_Ryan

Seriously though, I disagree with Grapes on a lot,

I don't pay attention enough to really disagree with him. I think I can enjoy how wrong he is about some things and disagree with him without disparaging his record as a coach. It pleases me he backed the wrong horse.

but he's right on this one -- the Penguins should'nt have let him go, he was a positive influence on that team.

Unfortunately for them they chose their coach instead. I know they pretty much had to, but I believe if they'd let Therrien go before July, Hossa and Roberts would both still be there.

I didn't know this, so thanks because it tempers my feelings about the Franzen business too. Like him or not, no one who's played that hard in the past should be treated the way he was.

Don't let Cherry near any razor-blades!

LOL

"Look who he's sitting next to, look who he's sitting next to."

... A rapist?

Seriously though, I disagree with Grapes on a lot, but he's right on this one -- the Penguins should'nt have let him go, he was a positive influence on that team.

LOL. CLASSIC.

I never liked the guy, but I definately respect what he brings to the game. Shame for him to go out like this. Tampa Bay's front office are a bunch of gutless wonders.

Well............................BYE!

612capture_tombstone03.jpg

esteef

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Great quote better movie!!!

I have a buddy of mine that used that line the day our Boss told us he got laid off!

Then as he walked away I said, "you smell that, Smells like some one died!"

Then we went off on this whole quoting the movie Tangent that had nothing to do with my boss.

Anyways, back to your regularly scheduled postings!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Great quote better movie!!!

I have a buddy of mine that used that line the day our Boss told us he got laid off!

Then as he walked away I said, "you smell that, Smells like some one died!"

Then we went off on this whole quoting the movie Tangent that had nothing to do with my boss.

Anyways, back to your regularly scheduled postings!

:thumbup: One of my favorites!

esteef