300 Career Wins with one team

Rate this topic

Martin Brodeur 538 New Jersey

Tony Esposito 418 Chicago

Terry Sawchuk 352 Detroit

Jacques Plante 311 Montreal

Billy Smith 304 New York Islanders

Chris Osgood 299 Detroit

Here's to a win tonight and much respect to a goalie who I feel is worthy of the Hall of Fame.

17 more wins to 400. 8 more until he is in the top 10 all-time.

Hopefully a total of 4-5 Stanley Cups.

Hey, wet blankets - let's keep is positive, eh? There wasn't an invitation to question the numbers anywhere in the OP.

Kudos to Ozzie. A true Red Wing who deserves each and every single one of his accolades. Keep 'em comin, Oz!

Edited by zettermaberg

it was not ALL ozzie's fault I will go with about 70% :thumbup:

Babcock would have pulled him WAY before 7 if it was 70% his fault.

The team sucked all around. I hope they're all thinking about the suckage right now.

Guest Shoreline

Osgood haters can sod off. Ozzie needs to be commended for his accomplishments with the Wings. Good on him.

Osgood haters can sod off. Ozzie needs to be commended for his accomplishments with the Wings. Good on him.

there is a difference between knowing what he has done for the organization and respecting him as a player and thinking he should be our starter this year. I respect him and cringe every time he is in the net.

Ozzie always being on a great team has really helped that stat.

When the team doesn't play well......Then we end with scores like tonight

People keep saying this like it's true when he actually posted better individual numbers with the bottom of the barrel Islanders and carried them on his back into the playoffs after what was it, something close to a last place finish the year before? There was a good article out of St. Louis when he was with them outlining how Osgood kinda proved the "great team" thing didn't hold water with the Islanders. He had some rough moments with the Blues I believe with injuries involved as well but most their considered his stay a successful one and his teammates cited him numerous times as a major difference maker when it counted.

The next thing morons say is, "St. Louis wouldn't have let him go if they were so happy with him."

Come on, seriously? The Detroit Red Wings, your "home" that you love with all your closest friends and one of the best teams in the league wants you back and the GM is your vacation home neighbor and a buddy in the off-season. Seriously.

Like St. Louis even had a chance at keeping him...

Good choice for him and us, eh?

I mean, hate all you want this year be it right or wrong, but didn't he win us a Cup last year?

I bet y'all weren't hating when he shut the Pens out twice in a row to open the Finals up...it feels like years ago, but wait, it really was 9 months ago!

Ozzie always being on a great team has really helped that stat.

When the team doesn't play well......Then we end with scores like tonight

So, can you then explain to me how Ozzy is in his worst season as a pro, when the Red Wings themselves are tied for first in the West?

Osgood never missed the playoffs when he was with the Islanders and Blues. Can you explain that too, because we both know neither team was 'great' in those three years.

Maybe you can help explain why Hasek was 2-2, and on the verge of probably losing a series, while Osgood suddenly steps in and whips off 8 wins in a row?

Maybe you could explain his .930 Save Percentage in the 2008 playoffs, or his many key and clutch stops.

No, you can't explain any of that, can you.

there is a difference between knowing what he has done for the organization and respecting him as a player and thinking he should be our starter this year. I respect him and cringe every time he is in the net.

:thumbup: 100% Correct! I feel exactly the same way about the wizard of Ozz. I respect all of his numbers and until a couple months ago I even defended him as being a "great" goalie who is "on a rough track and will be playing great soon, you'll see!" Now I havent seen it all yet, but I have seen enough to say Ive seen enough Ozzy. I hope and pray he changes my mind by june but I feel we can only respect his numbers and not let his numbers jade the major steaming pile of crap bag in net. Who you sometimes have to actually take the mask off the major steaming pile of crap bag to finally realize...Hey its Chris Osgood...Dude did you know your the steaming pile of crap bag?

What's funny is idiots like you think tonight's game was all Osgood's fault.

A goaltenders job, more or less, is to cover for his team-mates mistakes. Every mistake a Wing makes, turns into a goal. Osgood's bad play has been exposed now that theirs no one to bail him out. Is Johan Hedberg a good goalie? Last time I checked, his team is awful, plays awful, makes oodles of mistakes, and even he doesn't let in 7 goals. And this is no isolated incident, Osgood has been letting in 4, 5, 6 goals in almost every game he plays. Stop with the bulls***. Osgood sucks. He's sucked nearly every game this season, and it is no ones fault but his. Look at Conklins stats. Last time I checked, he plays in front of the exact same people. Listen you kids, Osgood is bad. Really bad. The worst goalie in the league right now. No one in 5 years has had a save% as bad as his. So please, stop calling me a hater. I'm right. 100% right. Stats don't lie. He's bad. And I'm not going to be blind to the facts.

A goaltenders job, more or less, is to cover for his team-mates mistakes. Every mistake a Wing makes, turns into a goal. Osgood's bad play has been exposed now that theirs no one to bail him out. Is Johan Hedberg a good goalie? Last time I checked, his team is awful, plays awful, makes oodles of mistakes, and even he doesn't let in 7 goals. And this is no isolated incident, Osgood has been letting in 4, 5, 6 goals in almost every game he plays. Stop with the bulls***. Osgood sucks. He's sucked nearly every game this season, and it is no ones fault but his. Look at Conklins stats. Last time I checked, he plays in front of the exact same people. Listen you kids, Osgood is bad. Really bad. The worst goalie in the league right now. No one in 5 years has had a save% as bad as his. So please, stop calling me a hater. I'm right. 100% right. Stats don't lie. He's bad. And I'm not going to be blind to the facts.

Not true. If this were the case the other team would be scoring 20-30 goals a night. That's about how many incredibly STUPID plays the team allows to happen via turnovers, poor coverage, failing to clear the puck, giving up breakaways, etc. etc. etc...video doesn't lie. The defense SUCKS this year. Osgood is NOT having a great season by any stretch, but it's compounded by the defense. Osgood's getting his head back on straight lately. You can tell in a lot of ways if you've followed the guy for awhile. If the D gets it together, we'll be fine in the playoffs. Then I will laugh at you.

Osgood lets in 7 goals on 23 shots yet he's not at all accountable to some people. Has Osgood stolen ONE game for the team this season?

There's a difference between respecting his accomplishments and involvement with the organization in the past, and completely failing to recognize that he has not performed well at all this season. You can be critical and respectful at the same time (most people seem to have a grasp on this with players like McCarty, who will always be loved by the fans, but is clearly done career-wise)

The defense SUCKS this year. Osgood is NOT having a great season by any stretch, but it's compounded by the defense.

Then why does Conklin have some of the better numbers in the league, and superior numbers to Ozzie? A team with a horrible defense doesn't let in 7 goals, no matter what. So here's the question, was Columbus's D that good, or was Mason that good last night? It all comes down to goaltending. Blaming it on the defense is one thing, but remember, it's the goaltender that stops the puck. Osgood looked terrible last night. And in what exact way does it appear his head is back on straight? He had to stop 20 shots, he let 7 in. That's the facts.

Riiiight. You're not 100% anything, except negative.

What's your alternative? If this kind of play continues for the Wings, who would you put in there right now that, for instance, could have realistically stopped the first three deflection--type goals and the 14 turnovers/giveaways, let alone all the other un-team-like play by the Wings?

I've tried, I've really tried to understand where you FWF's are coming from with Ozzie (or any and all the Wings' goalies given enough rant time). The Wings have done as well as they have because they play as a team. That's their forte, their strength. How you can totally ignore that fact and single out ANY one player is and will forever be beyond me. Those are reeeeeal special blinders you're wearing there, yesssirrreee......

WHO CAN WE REALISTICALLY PUT IN THERE AND HOPE TO SUCCEED? Lay it on us, oh Great Negato. JUST FOR ONCE, give us your realistic alternatives. No, better yet just call Babcock and fill him in.

:beerbuddy: to Osgood whenever he gets the 300 wins. It is a helluva accomplishment regardless of how it is done. Osgood haters can stick it where the sun don't shine in this thread.

Is that place his freakin' 5-hole - plenty of room there. Of course the net behind him is getting pretty filled up. Oscrap blows - wish he would just go away. Don't like him as a person(met him twice) and don't like him as a #1 goalie on this team.