• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Aussie_Wing

Griffins Destroy San Antonio 5-1

Rate this topic

Very nice showing by Grand Rapids tonight. 5-1 win with Larsson having a real strong game in net with 35 saves and yet oddly enough not enough to get a star selection. :rolleyes:

Evan McGrath 2 goals, he has become the player people expected him to be. Maybe an NHL career isn't out of the question. Abdelkader goal and assist which means he has 20 points from the past 17 games since returning from Detroit. This kid is one heck of a prospect. :thumbup:

Jakub Kindl an assist finally breaking his slump and more encouragingly, +3! Emmerton 2 assists to continue his good form and Jan Mursak 2 roughing penalties, seems he's got a mean streak does Jan. I like!

Glad GR had a nice showing; I was in Detroit last night for the 8-2 shelling.

I stood with my daughter at the glass during warm-ups (just as we usually do in GR before each game). Two big differences:

1.) With the Griffins, there are a heck of a lot of shots that don't come anywhere near the goal during warm-ups - the glass behind and to the sides of the goal gets banged up really bad. It's very noisy to watch and usually causes new visitors to jump even when they paying attention. Between the volume of the music and the sound of the pucks, you really can't carry on a conversation. In Detroit, its relatively quiet. Even when the Wings miss, its usually just slightly to the right or left on the boards themselves. I don't know if any hit the glass portion.

2.) In GR, the guys are having a ball. Downey's usually messing with the fans, his own players, or the other team. The other guys are laughing. Flipping pucks to kids. In Detroit, its all very serious. Downey was in Detroit last night, but you would have thought it was another guy. Not even a smile. It seemed almost as if they lost their love of the game. Has anyone else noticed differences (other than the skill and speed in the actual game)?

2.) In GR, the guys are having a ball. Downey's usually messing with the fans, his own players, or the other team. The other guys are laughing. Flipping pucks to kids. In Detroit, its all very serious. Downey was in Detroit last night, but you would have thought it was another guy. Not even a smile. It seemed almost as if they lost their love of the game. Has anyone else noticed differences (other than the skill and speed in the actual game)?

When I went to the Wings vs. Yotes game, it was a little more laid back. Hudler was poking fun of a fan that had a MTL hat on, and a Wing t-shirt. Helm and Ozzie were laughing about something, but other than that, everyone was serious.