• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Doggy

Spezza gets done for an illegal stick

Rate this topic

With just over 2 mins to go. At a faceoff someone complains about Spezza's stick. He knows he's in trouble so he steps on it, breaks it and goes to the bench for another to which the refs demand the stick back. Measure and and the Leafs have a PP to try and tie the game. 2-1 Sens right now.

Sens win anyway. Can someone tell me when the last time was, someone got busted for an illegal stick?

Edited by Doggy

With just over 2 mins to go. At a faceoff someone complains about Spezza's stick. He knows he's in trouble so he steps on it, breaks it and goes to the bench for another to which the refs demand the stick back. Measure and and the Leafs have a PP to try and tie the game. 2-1 Sens right now.

Sens win anyway. Can someone tell me when the last time was, someone got busted for an illegal stick?

There was something possibly involving Paul Kariya which sticks out in my head. I might be totally mistaken, but that is jumping out at me.

That was pretty crazy. He totally tried to hide that thing from the ref. Funny.

There have been a few measurements. Seems like one per season. The most famous, was the McSorley incident.

"Can someone tell me when the last time was, someone got busted for an illegal stick?"

I think Colorado caught Dominik Hasek with one a few seasons ago in the playoffs. OH WAIT

Priceless when Dom did the whole, "Okay, you've had your fun, now give it back" gesture. :P

Priceless when Dom did the whole, "Okay, you've had your fun, now give it back" gesture. :P

Lol yeah. You pretty much know without measuring the stick if it's illegal or not. Just watch the player's reaction.

That was one weird ass looking stick too, he should have gotten an extra 2 minutes for trying to destroy the evidence too.

That's pretty much what happens in lacrosse. If you get called for a stick check and pull your strings or slam the head on the ground or step on it, it's an automatic minute, full time.

I think Colorado caught Dominik Hasek with one a few seasons ago in the playoffs. OH WAIT

Thats one of my favorite Hasek moments of all time. Hilarious stuff. Even funnier considering the back story behind it, about Crawford's kid wanting a signed Hasek stick, so Hasek purposely signs and sends him an illegal one. :lol:

Thats one of my favorite Hasek moments of all time. Hilarious stuff. Even funnier considering the back story behind it, about Crawford's kid wanting a signed Hasek stick, so Hasek purposely signs and sends him an illegal one. :lol:

That was Bob Hartley, not Crawford. Crawford left Colorado after the 97-98 season after being knocked out by the Oilers in the first round.

Though, I agree. Only a coach would take an autographed stick given to his kid and have it measured, just in case he ever needed to use it to his advantage later on...

I think it was also ron wilson who caught teemu using a illegal stick once (07 season)... he on stick patrol good for him. <_<

Edited by Duck Guy

Edit: Missed Jedi's post.

Edited by Doggy

That was one weird ass looking stick too, he should have gotten an extra 2 minutes for trying to destroy the evidence too.

Absolutely, what an idiot, who are you trying to fool. We have HD cameras these days Spezza! Just fess up instead of trying to trick us all with your magically disappearing stick.

The best is Ilya Kovalchuk getting busted with the illegal stick. Going to the box with some jobber's stick because he had no legal ones. Then promptly scoring as he gets out and showing off the stick to the opposition as he skates back to the bench.

so im still trying to fig out the "Spezza gets done for an illegal stick"

what was he doing that hes done with? i don't get it. spezza gets done?

Sorry. I guess it's an Australian term. I'll try to keep them to a minimum. In this context, it's another word for "busted".

I originally read the title as "Spezza gets done with an illegal stick". I wasn't sure I wanted to read about that, but I just had to find out if the legality of the stick really mattered in that case.

Stupid move all around by Spezza. You've got to know your stick is illegal. Why even try? Why risk getting a penalty or a goal disallowed? It's really not fair to your teammates. Then to try and destroy it? Stupid. If you need an illegal stick to score, you don't belong in the pros.