• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/10 GDT: Coyotes 2 at Red Wings 3 (OT)

Rate this topic

I understand the Wings' D stays healthy by avoiding checks, but nothing pisses me off more than what Rafalski just did to avoid the hit. Even though he avoid it, he allowed the other team to grab the puck. If that's his approach, let the Dman in front of you and cut off the pass, otherwise your position on the play is worthless.

Better yet, clear the puck around the boards and keep moving so you avoid the hit, but don't leave the f*ckin' puck behind you where you're in no position to help your goaltender.

Agreed in a BIG BIG way...hesitation like that is where bigger teams are gonna be looking to get an edge over us in the playoffs. Raffi hasn't even been run into yet tonight, and if he or any other d-men are thinking about the hit, it could mean a lotta unneccessary time in our zone. They have the speed to diffuse the forecheck, they need to use it.

Guest Shoreline
crowd is dead.

Complaint of mine for the last, what, 5+ seasons? Kinda used to it by now.

Mick: "Don't think the Wings don't miss Lilja on the backend."

If people still don't see the value that Lilja brings to this team, nothing will convince them.

There haven't been nearly as many people dogging him in here this year. He's leading the team in blocked shots and is second in +/- amongst defencemen. He's finally come into his own and has been rock solid all year.