120 replies to this topic

#1 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:47 AM

Charles Wang.

This wasn't to be found at nhl dot com; "Inspector Gadget" doesn't want people to think his League is in a state of chaos, regarding relocation.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#2 LIDDYGIBBY5

LIDDYGIBBY5

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 935 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:58 AM

Sure, why not! If you can't get what you are looking for at home, move to a new one.
"You're playing worse every day and right now you're playing like the middle of next week." Herb Brooks

2 16

33 To The Rafters!!

#3 Decoy Jones

Decoy Jones

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 11:02 AM

So if a move were to happen, that would put the Islanders in the western confernce right? What team goes East? Columbus, Nashville, or other? I know it isn't going to be the Wings. Just wondering.
The Redwings don't rebuild, they Reload!

#4 Jasper84

Jasper84

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 11:02 AM

If something like that was to happen, and they move to the WC, does that mean a WC team moves to the EC? Just wondering, not sure how that would work out.

#5 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 11:39 AM

Actually the wings did say they would move to the EC before, if I can recall correctly. I'm not a 100% sure I think it might have been when the talks were going on about 32 teams. unsure.gif

#6 CenterIce

CenterIce

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 11:45 AM

QUOTE (Carman @ March 10, 2009 - 12:39PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually the wings did say they would move to the EC before, if I can recall correctly. I'm not a 100% sure I think it might have been when the talks were going on about 32 teams. unsure.gif

Two points:

1. NYI have a preseason game scheduled for Kansas City next year, so they have been hinting at this for a while.

2. Bettman has said that it is not a forgone conclusion that Detroit would move East, if a team moves West.

#7 Chunkylover

Chunkylover

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 11:47 AM

I saw someone mention before that the Wings have some sort of agreement with the league to move east before Columbus, even though CBJ is further east than Detroit.

I'm not sure I really want them to move to the Eastern Conference though. I think they'd be more likely to sink down to the level of the Eastern teams rather than maintain the high level they have from being constantly challenged in the West.

Edited by Chunkylover, 10 March 2009 - 11:50 AM.

#8 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 11:47 AM

Thanks for the points thumbup.gif I knew I saw it somewhere, but am too lazy to dig that up.

Interesting, I know the Islanders aren't doing well, but are they so bad they are really considering moving them?

Edited by Carman, 10 March 2009 - 11:48 AM.

#9 Decoy Jones

Decoy Jones

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 11:50 AM

QUOTE (Chunkylover @ March 10, 2009 - 11:47AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I saw someone mention before that the Wings have some sort of agreement with the league to move east before Columbus, even though CBJ is further east than Detroit.

But Detroit is a huge draw for wetsern teams. I doubt the Islanders will have the same sort of draw. Do they just let them go to the East without a fight?

#10 lb3000

lb3000

Jr. Prospect

• 28 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 11:53 AM

So the wings might get a chance to move east just in time to end the early stages of rivalries between chicago and san jose

#11 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 12:06 PM

"The Kansas City Islanders"

One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesn't belong...
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#12 HOCKEY MATTERS

HOCKEY MATTERS

Nearly invisible now........you smell that?

• HoF Booster
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE (Datsyerberger @ March 10, 2009 - 01:06PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesn't belong...

rotflmao.gif
half the world is nuts...and the other half is crazy
"You can't chew yesterdays' breakfast." Jim Leyland
Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

Alternative to Google tracking you.... http://duckduckgo.com/

#13 Decoy Jones

Decoy Jones

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE (Datsyerberger @ March 10, 2009 - 01:06PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good point! Seriously. So what should they change their name to?

#14 FinRedWing

FinRedWing

Not against the cap

• HoF Booster
  • 4,598 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 12:47 PM

dry.gif ...
Will I ever see this again:

Burke.gif

#15 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,420 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 01:03 PM

Kansas City Islanders is not worse than Oklahoma City Thunder!

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#16 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,140 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 01:06 PM

If they end up moving to the West, the first team in my mind to move to the East would be the Coyotes, due to all the financial trouble they've seen in Phoenix, and a number of rumors already indicating Phoenix's downfall as a hockey city.

#17 CanadaBoy

CanadaBoy

The Red Wing Ring

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 01:10 PM

Do you guys think Hamilton, ON will ever get a team? [I've read that this is the best location if a team did move to Canada]

(I go to McMaster University so I would only be a short bus ride away biggrin.gif)
But my most coveted thing is a high self-esteem
And a low tolerance for them telling me how to lean
See the most important parts are the ones that are unseen
The Wings don't make you fly and the Crown don't make you king
Now God don't like ugly, ain't too happy bout pretty
I am ignorance's enemy so stay out of the vicinity of...
~ Lupe Fiasco - Gold Watch

#18 BlakChamber

BlakChamber

Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 01:35 PM

The Islanders would be welcome in Houston smile.gif

The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

#19 j.hoop

j.hoop

i hate the flyers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 01:41 PM

QUOTE (Echolalia @ March 10, 2009 - 01:06PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If they end up moving to the West, the first team in my mind to move to the East would be the Coyotes, due to all the financial trouble they've seen in Phoenix, and a number of rumors already indicating Phoenix's downfall as a hockey city.

while its not a hockey city, i will be upset because its my only chance to get to see two wings games a year.
“Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud.” - Sophocles
Posted Image

This just in, Stevie gives Canada the Order of Yzerman. Country bows and feels unworthy.

#20 whitneydatsyukrox

whitneydatsyukrox

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE (Carman @ March 10, 2009 - 12:47PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Interesting, I know the Islanders aren't doing well, but are they so bad they are really considering moving them?

They truly are that bad. But I think they're going to put together a decent season next year! With DiPietro hopefully regaining his health, he (IMO) is one of the best goalies in the game today. They have Danis who's turning into a fantastic goalie as of late, Okposo is only 20 and already a big offensive threat, and many other promising young guys. With Tavares potentially joining them, I think it would be a much better situation than Stamkos going to Tampa. NYI actually has some promise. Or maybe that's my false hope... but I love that team.
Wouldn't mind a move for the Isles but they really shouldn't suck so badly the next few years (fingers crossed!).

Canadian WINGS fan

"Boyd Devereaux is like a *** on a man. The coaches should take his stick away and say "Just go out there and confuse 'em."- Scott Lucidi, March 2004
Classic.