• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

cusimano_brothers

Westward, ho!

Rate this topic

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

i dont want the islanders to relocate..but honestly, i do see it happening.

maybe not within the next couple years, but definately sometime in the near future.

i dont want the islanders to relocate..but honestly, i do see it happening.

maybe not within the next couple years, but definately sometime in the near future.

Well my cousin is a big Isles fan and as of yesterday/today there was breaking news bout the new arena and it looks like they are going to get it.... If any team moves to Winnipeg it will now be Atlanta. Their management wants out and are already in talks with the NHL. I don't have a link but I heard it on NHL on the fly couple nights ago.

Crash

.....Brooklyn is hard to reach for Islanders fans? BROOKLYN IS ON LONG ISLAND, YOU MORONIC TWIT. I bet you Islanders fans that live in Nassau can get to Manhattan without a problem, but move the hockey team to Brooklyn, and suddenly that's too much of an epic journey. Why, the fans will have to take provisions on the road with them, lest they die of dysentery or something.

Oy gevalt. The only team that should be moving to Brooklyn is the Dodgers, which is where they freakin' belong.

Well, if the Islanders move west, and a team moves East, maybe it will be Phoenix, and they will go to Quebec, which would make the Nordique fans I met at the last game of the season very happy. Who knows? I guess I'll have to talk to my Islanders fan friend on Long Island and see what he says.

From Sportsnet:

Not satisfied with housing the NBA’s newly relocated Brooklyn Nets to start the 2012-13 season, the developer and owner of the New York City borough’s Barclays Center is putting forth an effort to attract an NHL club as well.

“And I am trying like hell to get the Islanders to make Barclays Center their new hockey home,” Bruce Ratner told the New York Daily News on Wednesday, reiterating his desire to pull the Isles to Brooklyn. “They will play a preseason game here against the Devils.”

Maybe he heard that DiPietro was removed from the IR.

dry.gif ...

Will I ever see this again:

NewYorkIslandersFisherman.png

I'm sorry, but this totally remains one of my favorite logo-color-scheme-jerseys ever. So incredibly fruity.

.....Brooklyn is hard to reach for Islanders fans? BROOKLYN IS ON LONG ISLAND, YOU MORONIC TWIT. I bet you Islanders fans that live in Nassau can get to Manhattan without a problem, but move the hockey team to Brooklyn, and suddenly that's too much of an epic journey. Why, the fans will have to take provisions on the road with them, lest they die of dysentery or something.

Oy gevalt. The only team that should be moving to Brooklyn is the Dodgers, which is where they freakin' belong.

Truth. (I laughed.)

Semantics. All New Yorkers (including Bettman) know that when you speak of Long Island you are speaking of the Long Island outside of the city. No self respecting Brooklynite has ever said they are from Long Island. Very many Long Islanders commute to the city anyway, so it would be easier to make it to Barclays for a game than make a 7pm start in Hempstead. Subway access couldn't be easier, and the LIRR Atlantic Terminal is right there. It is closer to Wall St than the Garden too.

So if a move were to happen, that would put the Islanders in the western confernce right? What team goes East? Columbus, Nashville, or other? I know it isn't going to be the Wings. Just wondering.

I may be chiming in a little late, but if the Isles do move west, then with Winnipeg already west, but still in the East, that would mean TWO teams would move East, and those teams would most likely be Columbus and Detroit.

I may be chiming in a little late, but if the Isles do move west, then with Winnipeg already west, but still in the East, that would mean TWO teams would move East, and those teams would most likely be Columbus and Detroit.

This just in: Bettman moves Columbus and Chicago to the eastern conference....moves the Red Wings to El Paso Texas....and moves the Islanders to Detroit

Guest irishock

Wouldn't mind at least 17 games a season vs o6 teams. I think the Wings had like 10 last year.

Edited by irishock