• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wingaling

Wings "Boring" brand of Hockey?

Rate this topic

Probably because we have the fewest fights... /shrug. :unsure:

EDIT: By the way, by no means did I say this is my opinion, I love the red wings. But that's about the only thing anyone could criticize the wings being 'boring' as. Although i certainly wouldn't mind a little more a little more physical play, but not complaining with this record.

Edited by Carman

I can see their point sometimes. When the Wings play less physical with the puck possession, it seems slower. I think the Wings are GREAT to watch when they are skating hard, forechecking, playing physical (doesn't mean fighting) and using puck possession. Like last year's playoffs, they were simply beautiful to watch how they played. This year, when they aren't interested in playing moderately physical, it's not as fun to watch.

Definately has to do with the euro style which pretty well eliminates the fun to watch physical aspect of the game. Not even just fights but guys finishing their checks. How fun is it to watch Flipula get pushed around like a little fairy, or even big Franzen turn away from instead of delivering bone crusher. Maybe some find it exciting to watch Samuelsson giving gum jobs instead giving someone a shove to the ice. My solution.... more big bad Canadian boys that can play and play rough. Have our scouts start mining Canada and US for some of the deep round gems. Wings fans are starved for a physical presence in our team. That would liven things up for me. That have having a goalie with style unlike everyone else like Hasek brought... I hate boring butterfly goalies.... goalies are not exciting to watch like they once were.

Definately has to do with the euro style which pretty well eliminates the fun to watch physical aspect of the game. Not even just fights but guys finishing their checks. How fun is it to watch Flipula get pushed around like a little fairy, or even big Franzen turn away from instead of delivering bone crusher. Maybe some find it exciting to watch Samuelsson giving gum jobs instead giving someone a shove to the ice. My solution.... more big bad Canadian boys that can play and play rough. Have our scouts start mining Canada and US for some of the deep round gems. Wings fans are starved for a physical presence in our team. That would liven things up for me. That have having a goalie with style unlike everyone else like Hasek brought... I hate boring butterfly goalies.... goalies are not exciting to watch like they once were.

http://forums.anaheimducks.com/

7 8 posts and this thread has not gone retarded yet. How long do you think it can last? I say no more than13.

back on topic: yep, puck possession and low volume of fights/ big hits lately seems to fit the "boring" label. I like the physical side of the game, but I really like it when the boys are on fire with the puck possession game. It's amazing to watch, imho. I never get bored with it, and I can't wait for them to start playing on fire again.

Edited by HOCKEY MATTERS

Hey if you find it fun and exciting to watch your team get pushed and shoved around like a bunch of high paid pansies thats all you. I'd love to add of few of the big Canadians from the Ducks roster onto ours and would gladly get rid of some of our Euro talent to do so. Remove Filpula, Hudler & Samuelsson from our line up and add Getzlaf and Perrey and see the difference. Still have the puck possession but add a dimension to our team we currently don't have with our current roster.

I don't think it's necessary to fill out the lineup with more "big bad Canadians" because I think this team proved it can play a physical game when it wants to (ie: the playoffs). I'm not starving for more fights per se (and I think you say the same) but many people want to see body checks and other types of physical play to accompany the puck possession style. I'm really hoping that the team is saving itself for the playoffs and I think they are. Once they play that stronger game, they are going to be tons of fun to watch every night.

I can see their point sometimes. When the Wings play less physical with the puck possession, it seems slower. I think the Wings are GREAT to watch when they are skating hard, forechecking, playing physical (doesn't mean fighting) and using puck possession. Like last year's playoffs, they were simply beautiful to watch how they played. This year, when they aren't interested in playing moderately physical, it's not as fun to watch.

+1. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Yeah, good luck with that. There's a reason the Red Wings continue to have outstanding teams, despite finishing so high in the standings. The North American players are all scouted.

its not that the wings are boring its just that they are so predictable, you know how they will play each and every game, you know they will be at the top of the standings. I still watch the games but i could definitely see why people find them boring.

Guest Shoreline

I have no idea why Wings brand of hockey is boring. One could not have ever compared it to the Devils because the Wings have consistently been near the top of the league in scoring. Hell, even this year, defense be damned, and they still lead the league by a good 20-30 goals in scoring. I would think the people who said this are new to hockey and haven't seen how s*** was with the New Jersey Devils rope-a-dope trap bulls***.

Hey if you find it fun and exciting to watch your team get pushed and shoved around like a bunch of high paid pansies.

I find it fun and exciting watching my team demolish the competition en route to winning the Stanley Cup a la last season.

it pisses me off when were called a boring team,yea maybe we dont fight that much(which is the only thing i cant stand) but who cares,ther just mad they are not at the top of the charts like we r. f em all

I don't think it's necessary to fill out the lineup with more "big bad Canadians" because I think this team proved it can play a physical game when it wants to (ie: the playoffs). I'm not starving for more fights per se (and I think you say the same) but many people want to see body checks and other types of physical play to accompany the puck possession style. I'm really hoping that the team is saving itself for the playoffs and I think they are. Once they play that stronger game, they are going to be tons of fun to watch every night.

No, were on the same page. I say "big bad Canadians" because If I am a homer for anything then I am a homer for Canadian players... I'm a Canadian, it's in my blood. I wouldn't want to necessarily fill our roster either, a good mix of NA and Euro is what I would like... to get the best of all worlds. But I agree that if our current group of players would add more physicality the over-all result right now would be much better and much more exciting. Franzen is huge, finish a damn body check... pretty sad when Helm who is way smaller is also way more physical and throws way better hits the Franzen. Or Kopecky, beef up man, put some size and strength on that frame and learn to use it.

I definitely do not find it boring, but there are a few things that come to mind when I am bored with the Wings.

If he likes of Dats, Z, Hossa aren't working their magic or the rest of the team with their passing ability to set up plays this team is VERY BORING to watch.

If they aren't on their game, they don't hit much (more than a few years ago at least), no fights at all and Osgood isn't the flashy goalie that is making highlight of the night style saves.

I find it fun and exciting watching my team demolish the competition en route to winning the Stanley Cup a la last season.

The Wings' played a strong physical game along with their finesse last year to win in the playoffs, if they manage that performance again this year I don't think anyone will be complaining. So far none of that has carried over into the regular season this year...

Meh. You win Cups.

There's not much of an argument here. As much as I prefer physical hockey, you can't argue with results.

^This!

IMHO, far too many Wings fans want to have their cake and eat it too. The system they have in play yields results year-in and year-out, and until it becomes unsuccessful I couldn't care less about other teams' fans boredom.

The Wings' played a strong physical game along with their finesse last year to win in the playoffs, if they manage that performance again this year I don't think anyone will be complaining. So far none of that has carried over into the regular season this year...

I would say Datsyuk has kept up what he started last playoffs with his physical game. But other than that, you're right.

What I really hope is that Kronwall starts dealing out the open-ice hits like he did last year.. he seems to be trying more and more to do it, but his timing isn't quite there yet. A guy like Drake would be awesome to have, but I hope Helm can shoulder his role a little bit atleast.

Interesting. I never thought the Wings games are boring. Maybe lately, they have been lazy and play with no heart; that must be why.

However, can you say any other teams that play more interesting than us? Maybe Toronto Maple Leafs, the drug hockey? You cannot say the Wild, if you do, then I want to meet you to see who you are.

Edited by Wingsallwin