Photo
- - - - -

Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2...

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Duck Guy

Duck Guy

Homer rocks your socks off Its knuckle Puck time!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 12:38 PM

I know they wont be released for awile now but man... I cant wait for these two and all i know once those 2 come out it is bye bye to world of warcraft dry.gif

and anyone know if d3 is a MMO or is it going to be set up like D2?

Edited by Duck Guy, 10 March 2009 - 12:39 PM.

Posted Image
Veritas Aequitas

#2 j.hoop

j.hoop

i hate the flyers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE (Duck Guy @ March 10, 2009 - 12:38PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know they wont be released for awile now but man... I cant wait for these two and all i know once those 2 come out it is bye bye to world of warcraft dry.gif

and anyone know if d3 is a MMO or is it going to be set up like D2?

itll be like D2 (i hope) with the option of going on battle.net (still free, looney.gif) and playing through the campaign with a friend, or just going on to destroy and loot other players smile.gif

i suspect blizzard will keep WoW their bread and butter MMO.
“Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud.” - Sophocles
Posted Image

This just in, Stevie gives Canada the Order of Yzerman. Country bows and feels unworthy.

#3 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 01:54 PM

D3 will be like D2, but the only problem will be if Blizzard tries to use a WoW model for their servers. I just want to make sure they don't restrict LAN play so, worst cast scenario, I could still use VPN to play with friends. I have at least half a dozen friends who aren't even casual gamers (like don't even game anymore) who would pick up D3 alone. They used to play D2 years ago.

Edited by Shoreline, 10 March 2009 - 01:54 PM.

#4 Zetterling

Zetterling

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:23 PM

I've been looking forward to Starcraft 2 for a long time now. Can't wait! The new units looks awesome.

#5 skacore

skacore

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:38 PM

I'm definitely be giving them both a go as long as I'm not in school when they come out. I used to play the s*** outta these games in high school, I don't plan on playing quite that much but I'm sure they'll be great... Diablo 3 especially.

#6 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 01:33 AM

I can't wait for D3. I recently popped LoD back in and thoroughly beat it again (zoo necro this time tongue.gif) and it was a blast, especially with a few friends, as it often is every 3-4 years. Blizz makes quality stuff, I've got tons of faith that D3 and SC2 will be loads of fun.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#7 Lollipop

Lollipop

Small price to pay for self esteem, Michael.

• Silver Booster
  • 463 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:39 AM

D3 is going to be epic. Can't wait. ^-^

Sig made by the always fabulous Offsides.

#8 Blaayze

Blaayze

Summer... wakeboard... can't wait.

• PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 10:17 AM

I was up all night on the release of D3 waiting for the announcement. Freaking AMAZING! just have to wait till its release Dec. 12, 2012. ;D
Posted Image

#9 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 09:17 PM

Never was a huge fan of Starcraft. Don't get me wrong, I really liked it, but never understood why it became -the- RTS for so long. My best guess has always been that at the time it came out, having 3 distinct factions that were pretty well balanced was pretty epic at the time, but it always got old fast to me.

D3, on the other hand, is going to be much fun.
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#10 C-Dub

C-Dub

Intimidation -- Now also available in classy!

• PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:58 AM

Diablo III will be so awesome. Be interesting how we'll split playing time between my wife and I with it. She loved Diablo II, which was really surprising to me. I'd get such a kick out of coming home from work/school and opening the door and hearing the screams of demons dying out of the computer room... rolleyes.gif

#11 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 04:13 PM

LORENADO!

tongue.gif
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#12 theswede

theswede

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:18 AM

QUOTE (Datsyerberger @ March 19, 2009 - 04:17AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
but never understood why it became -the- RTS for so long.

That is because to _hardcore players_ it's downright the best ever made. Only having three races made the game more balanced then any other RTS thus making it the best competitive RTS (still is). It's also a game with extreme amounts of skill involved and the difference between good and very good is huge. wink.gif. The strategies deployed by players have change countless times over years without the game being patched/updated at all. Don't know if you guys have heard about the pro-gaming scene in korea, it's pretty hard to grip how huge this game has become. It is considered South Koreas 2nd biggest "sport".

"The 2004 StarCraft league finals managed to draw a crowd of around 100,000 spectators with millions tuning in at home, spectators still continue to pour in by the tens of thousands. "

Old picture showing the crowd from another starcraft-final in korea

In 2004 the best paid player made about $500k/year salary only, add to that winnings and sponsorship. And now five years later it's just even more huge and popular. smile.gif

Edited by theswede, 02 June 2009 - 10:30 AM.

#13 Vilmer

Vilmer

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 08:31 PM

I can't WAIT for Diablo 3! Let's hope we get some more juicy info from Blizzcon... A release date would be nice ohmy.gif

#14 Duck Guy

Duck Guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE (Vilmer @ June 13, 2009 - 08:31PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't WAIT for Diablo 3! Let's hope we get some more juicy info from Blizzcon... A release date would be nice ohmy.gif

Ya... just bought my tickets for blizzcon I am expecting a release date for SC2 (since varies sources are saying 4th Quarter of 2009) not so much D3. I am told that blizzcon attendees are possibly getting d3 beta codes.

Edited by Duck Guy, 17 June 2009 - 04:35 PM.

Posted Image
Veritas Aequitas

#15 wingslionstigers

wingslionstigers

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 11:58 AM

I can't wait for D3. I will buy and play Starcraft 2 but nothing compares to Diablo. I have been retired from games for 3 years now and these are my last 2 games i will ever pick up.

#16 Duck Guy

Duck Guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 01:30 AM

I am hearing November for SC2..

Anyways I am sooo bored and waiting for sc2 and d3 to come out!!! I am installing d2 LOD to play single player (online play is /boring haha) as I type this.
Posted Image
Veritas Aequitas

#17 wingslionstigers

wingslionstigers

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 05:35 PM

I would be surprised if they release SC2 by the end of the year. They still havent started betta testing which should run all of 4-6 months. I'm guessing early 2010.

Diablo 3s atleast another year and a half or longer away.

#18 wingsnut25

wingsnut25

Rookie

• Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 02:10 PM

I hope starcraft 2 is not like warcraft 3, I despised warcraft 3, it made everything look cartoonish, I didn't like how heroes were the main part of the gameplay.

Diablo 3 looks great, I really like how you can use things in the environment as a weapon (in the one video you can knock a crumbling wall down to squash enemies...

#19 Duck Guy

Duck Guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 01:33 AM

it is official delayed tell 2010 (target is Q2) /////////////////cccccccrrrrrryyyyyy
Posted Image
Veritas Aequitas

#20 three1six

three1six

Draftee

• 5 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 03:08 PM

Been waiting for Blizzard to come out with SC2 and D3 for a while now. Only downside is NO LAN PARTYS! Really don't want to have to go on bnet just to play a couple games of SC2 with just my friends in the same house.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users