• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Phazon

What does it say about the wings when they played like crap all season

Rate this topic

That this team is downright scary.

EDIT: It should say: What does it say about the wings when they played like crap all season and still tied in points for number one. For some reason the thread header cut that part out.

definitely not a troll thread. Sorry.

Edited by Phazon

Who's trolling? Isn't he just saying that the fact the Wings aren't playing nearly as well as they're capable of and still have this many points a scary thing?

Or am I just giving him the benefit of the doubt.

youre right. What I meant was that Wings has played awful and yet theyre tied for #1

This team is dominant that is scary.

I see it the same way. The Wings, even playing horribly all year, are still consistently better than all the teams except for maybe Boston and San Jose. But when the Wings actually play good no team can even compete with them.

I see it the same way. The Wings, even playing horribly all year, are still consistently better than all the teams except for maybe Boston and San Jose. But when the Wings actually play good no team can even compete with them.

I think they really showed it in their shalacking of the Sharks earlier this year... they almost look bored out there this year, definitely a lack of urgency in a lot of their play, almost like they're like "is this regular season over yet, so we can get to the playoffs?"

I hope a lot of you are right. Because I know I don't want to go up against Vancouver and Luongo or Columbus and Mason if they keep playing the way they are now. They'd better get it in gear.

I think they really showed it in their shalacking of the Sharks earlier this year... they almost look bored out there this year, definitely a lack of urgency in a lot of their play, almost like they're like "is this regular season over yet, so we can get to the playoffs?"

I like to think the same thing, that they need REAL games to reach their potential, but more and more i'm starting to get scared that maybe they aren't sick of regular season play as much as play all together. The hangover is a very scary and mysterious thing...

youre right. What I meant was that Wings has played awful and yet theyre tied for #1

This team is dominant that is scary.

i concur... been thinking that same thing when all are panicing about the teams play during that moot 5 game winless stretch earlier... we are still near the tops.. we are fine

I like to think the same thing, that they need REAL games to reach their potential, but more and more i'm starting to get scared that maybe they aren't sick of regular season play as much as play all together. The hangover is a very scary and mysterious thing...

I'm a little nervous too, but I think once everyone is back and healthy and we're rounded out in the playoffs, I think we will do fine... my only real concern is how well Conklin will hold up as the main guy, as I'm all but positive that he will be our starter come playoffs...

I don't think we played like crap all year, I would say there are maybe 10 games where I'd say that.

Now I do agree that we have only played to our potential in just as many games, but most games were somewhere in the middle.

All it says to me is the Red Wings are so incredibly talented that they can just outscore teams on most nights this season. The strategy of scoring 4 or 5 goals to win in the playoffs isn't going to work. I won't feel the least bit confident until the Red Wings start focusing on defense.

Guest Crymson

It's what I tell everyone: this team is so loaded with talent that they're tied for #1 despite having played utter garbage for hockey all season. The only complete games they've played have been against Chicago and San Jose, IMO.

The fact that we have a team so stacked with talent that we CAN play almost the entire season half-assed and still be at the top of the league is great.

The fact that we have a team so stacked with talent and we HAVE played almost the entire season half-assed is a concern. I realize it's a cliche to say "you can't just turn it on when the playoffs start", but it's a cliche for a reason. There have been times where it does seem like we turn it on for the big games, but there have also been plenty of times where we haven't. I hope we don't go into the playoffs with the same up-and-down play that we've been seeing ...