• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/12 GDT: Flames 6 at Red Wings 5 (SO)

Rate this topic

I have never liked the Flames, so please win this one, boys.

5-2 Red Wings on the strength of goals from Zetta, Dats, Kopy, Hudlum, and Big Rig.

Guest mindfly

I think it will be a lower scoring game, wings offense hasn't been very effective without Hossa etc

3-2 Flames

Edited by mindfly

Wings lose 4-3 in OT......Conklin can't keep up this home dominance for long.......sorry

The pessimist in me agrees, Conklin's home streak has to end sooner or later, and the Flames have a 3-game losing streak they'll be looking to end.

But as long as we get to see a good game.. the last meeting looked like it was a lot of fun, would be nice to see something like that.

Edited by dat's sick

The pessimist in me agrees, Conklin's home streak has to end sooner or later, and the Flames have a 3-game losing streak they'll be looking to end.

But as long as we get to see a good game.. the last game looked like it was a lot of fun, would be nice to see something like that.

last game was boring

I just hope this game has a tad more energy than the last one did. Granted a tad more energy would put it at the level of a dying AA battery, but it's better than flatlining.

Best post I've read in a long time :thumbup::thumbup:

May be a good game if the Wings can bring it like they've done against other former playoffs foes.

May be a good indicator of playoff readiness. Both teams have injuries and probably will if they meet again in the second season.

Per MLive -

"Update from Wednesday's practice: Marian Hossa said his neck is still a little stiff, so he won't play Thursday against Calgary. He is hoping to return for Saturday's game in St. Louis, which ironically is where he was injured on March 3."

"I don't feel comfortable turning,'' Hossa said. "I don't want to make (his return) too quick and regret it in the long run. Take an extra day and make sure I'm 100 percent.''

I'm glad he's taking his time, we don't need him to rush back and end up with a worse injury.

Last Wings-Flames game I meant, or do you mean that game was boring? The highlight reel made it look like a good game.

i thought the poster meant our last game against phoenix, which did suck, but if he meant calgary-wings, that was a great game (especially cuz we won!)

I tragically have to miss the game due to a night exam. Geeze, universities should know better!

Anyway I'm thinking we'll win it 4-2 with goals from Stuart, Lids, Flip, and Sammy. Conklin is again awesome and fends off 30+ shots. Well, I hope our D is tighter than that but the Flames are really, really good.

I just hope they play with a little more purpose tonight. I'm getting tired of the lack luster games. Makes you wonder if the flu is going through the dressing room or something. Hope the offense and defense can both pick it up! Good to see Hossa taking his time coming back. It's better to be safe than sorry. We're gonna need him come playoff time and there's no sense in risking a more serious injury. Hopefully we'll see him this weekend though!

Wings win it 5-2

I don't think it really matters if a game is boring or not...as long as the Wings win.

I get upset when I read posts from Red Wing fans who think we are going to lose. Granted we are the defending champs with an excellent chance of repeating...I always predict a Wings win. Positive Morale.

Conklin is in net...he doesn't lose at home anyways... 4-1 Wings.

Say Osgood was starting... 4-3 Wings.

Let's go Wings!!!!!!!!!!

Guest mindfly
I don't think it really matters if a game is boring or not...as long as the Wings win.

I get upset when I read posts from Red Wing fans who think we are going to lose. Granted we are the defending champs with an excellent chance of repeating...I always predict a Wings win. Positive Morale.

Conklin is in net...he doesn't lose at home anyways... 4-1 Wings.

Say Osgood was starting... 4-3 Wings.

Let's go Wings!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent? Exaggeration of the day....

Edited by mindfly