• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/12 GDT: Flames 6 at Red Wings 5 (SO)

Rate this topic

You, me and Ms_Hockey need to man the booth on the Ambassador and charge people $50 to jump off. That'll help the economy.

It's nice to know that true fans actually exist. I was pretty sure we were going extinct.

Guest Shoreline
Not interested. Been watching the Wings since '79. Might I suggest Ducks/Kings/Sharks for you, or are YOU bandwagon from a few years ago?

As a fan since 79, maybe you aren't aware of the difficulty of repeating, or the difficulty of being a robotic team incapable of making big mistakes. Hell, you aren't doing yourself any favors. Maybe a fan of something else since 79. Surely not the Wings. Otherwise things like this wouldn't surprise you. But I digress. Welcome to Red Wings hockey. 79 hours ago, right?

Edited by Shoreline

Guest Crymson

If this team is horrible and that means that it's going out in the first round, what does that say about the 28 other teams in the league who aren't doing as well as this horrible team? Will they all go out in the first round also?

I suppose, unfortunately, that I should not assume logic plays any part in most peoples` headless-panic rants here in this sort of situation.

Syntax: You're trying to convince people that having a negative attitude is good. I don't get it.

Well, at least it was exciting.

I feel that in the playoffs the team won't sit back on a lead. It's not a good idea at any time, but it just isn't done come playoff time. We took a chance doing so and lost.

I must admit disappointment, but let that be a lesson to us. No lead is safe.

Oh, and Kristi...I'll take my hand back now.

Oh yeah...*lets go of 55 and Blue* Sorry. I was wallowing in despair. ;)

And I agree. They can't sit back like that and expect to win.

Good lord, a few people say they dont like the Wings chances and the everyone goes into defence mode and tells them to hop off the bandwagon, they know nothing, they arent Wings fans, go cheer for Anaheim.. seriously, everyone here is Wings fans (Maybe not mindfly) and everyone has a different opinion, you just look like a prick when you say that. Lighten up, it's just hockey.

If this team is horrible and that means that it's going out in the first round, what does that say about the 28 other teams in the league who aren't doing as well as this horrible team? Will they all go out in the first round also?

I suppose, unfortunately, that I should not assume logic plays any part in most peoples` headless-panic rants here in this sort of situation.

Syntax: You're trying to convince people that having a negative attitude is good. I don't get it.

Logic is against the forum rules. I learned that my first day here.

it's embarrassing to me how many people on here treat one loss like the demise of the entire season... pathetic, simply no other way to describe it.

name the last team to go 82-0, please, and you'll have my attention.

otherwise, save it.

If the coach scews the goalie I blame the coach. We had Kips dead tired and didn't take advantage. Babcock lost the game not Conklin. Conklin played great and if you would have had Osgood in net it would have been a blow out. Babcock is a fool! Stop listening to the def coach and be the COACH

Conklin did NOT play great. HE DID NOT PLAY GREAT. Saying that somehow if Ozzie was playing instead it would be a blowout is completely ignoring the fact that it is impossible to say how one person would play over the other AND the fact that Conklin was the goalie for the game and he completely s*** the bed in the last few minutes. That is on Conklin and our defense for not doing their jobs.

This absurd obsession with Babcock you have is completely unhealthy and unhinged. Grow up.

What? I get left out of this group?

Okay, okay, you can man the booth too. In fact, you can be the one kicking them in the ass on the way down. You know, for extra distance.

You, me and Ms_Hockey need to man the booth on the Ambassador and charge people $50 to jump off. That'll help the economy.

Take bets on what would kill them first, the drop or the toxicity of the Detroit River? ;)

I'm not even kidding when I say this. When the Wings lose, be it by 1 goal or 10........too many people around here turn into whiny bridge-jumping lunatics. So far, it's Babcock's fault we lost, the Wings won't win the Stanley Cup this year and we suck, suck, suckity-suck. Is that all? Did I miss any of the stunning insight many of you are sharing with us?

..... yeah they make Manny Legace look like a ray of never ending sunshine!!!! :lol: fools! its ONE GAME!

... and we got another point in the standings

They better come out with a vengeance against St. Louis and carry it over to the Jackets. It's time to stop messing around the playoffs are almost a month away, and this team is coasting. Time to step it up a notch to playoff hockey playing defense and protecting the goaltender.

It's nice to know that true fans actually exist. I was pretty sure we were going extinct.

This is what I do to temper my anger when the guys screw up. I was a fan of the team back when Bowman wasn't coaching yet and we couldn't buy a win with someone else's money. I remember when we were the Dead Things. That is vividly implanted in my brain.

We are absolutely nowhere near the level of suckitude those teams were. Nowhere. So when people start going unglued when we lose, I remind myself it's been worse and it will get better. If they don't want to have any kind of perspective, that's not my problem, now is it?

Guest Shoreline
it's embarrassing to me how many people on here treat one loss like the demise of the entire season... pathetic, simply no other way to describe it.

otherwise, save it.

Yep, bandwagoners unite! It's like mosquitoes coming out from their stagnant bandwagon water at night.

i've been less than impressed with the wings lately. that said they're in the top three teams in the league every night. playoff hockey stirs the emotions and gets guys to play their best. the wings will get hossa back soon, homer will get back in shape to get back on the 1st line and come playoff time the wings will be firing on all cylinders. at least this is what i am telling myself to kill time till the playoffs start.

Sorry it was bad coaching. Don't just chip the puck in when you have both of their def in our zone. If the coach didn't tell them to do that then why would they. I thought the wings played a great game till someone told them to stop. Columbus would have lost to us if they played that way! The NHL is not static it is always changing. We played to our weakness DEFENSE. Two more goals and the fans would have been happy and the players confidence been revived. BAD COACHING that is comimg from a pee wee coach folks.

otherwise, save it.

/Start bandwagon voice.

"LIKE, DUH, THE DETROIT RED WINGS LAST SEASON WHEN GORDIE HOWE SCORED EIGHTY HAT TRICKS, YZERMAN SCORED TWO, AND OVECHKIN WAS JUST A YOUNG PLAYER ON OUR TEAM!"

/End bandwagon voice.

Agreed.

If they want to dish their money out to the Red Wings while maintaining to little to no actual knowledge on how a team, especially the RW, operates - be my guest. Just keep your mouth shut doing it.

I went to a game this season and overheard the guy behind me asking his buddy why Steve Yzerman wasn't on the ice. Steve Yzerman! Really! And then he pretended as if he was some all-knowing Red Wing god afterwards. It's absolutely ridiculous.

I'll do you one better, about a month ago I went to a wings game. My buddy left to go to the washroom, and I heard them, the couple behind me, talking about how they hate when people get their own names on the back of their jerseys. I WAS WEARING MY DATSYUK JERSEY...

Edited by Blaayze

Take bets on what would kill them first, the drop or the toxicity of the Detroit River? ;)

My God, we could have a cottage industry going here. Ms_Hockey can be in charge of the betting tables. In a span of a week, we could have Detroit flush again.

Let me briefly summarize. This game was just a terrible game I mentioned before. However, we have to blame Conklin on this game. Unlike the mid of the season, he has been atrocious lately. Well, except for the game against the Avs but this is not the game we want. I thought we would win on the 2nd period of the game but I still felt nervous because this team let so many times that other teams would come back. No different story than that and it just happened on the ice.

Different than the last season, I never felt comfortable even though when we lead by pair of goals. This is not a type of play that can be alive in the playoff. By now, I do not see this team can go far in the playoff. It is not a problem of offense, defense, goaltending, attendace, or coaching. The problem is on players' mind. Are they still in the feeling of enjoying last year's stanley cup champs?

I really don't know that no movement in the trade dead line was good or not. At that time, I thought no move on anyone in the Wings was a good thing but if I think right now, I think we had to fix the problem of goaltending. Backstrom had a trouble to resign with the Wild and if we made an offer by trading Backstrom to Stuart, that would be good.

Trade deadline is over so we cannot regret but this kind of game is repeating all year long. With blaming Conklin tonight, we have to blame our 2nd line pair. What were they doing tonight? Kronwall just got some stupid penalites and Stuart was just standing apart and watched the puck went into the net.

They have talnets but they are being lazy since the first game of the season. I think Nick has been fine and Rafalski is still producing points. Ericsson has been enough but what are Kronwall and Stuart? At least Kronwall produces points while Stuart is doing nothing this season with the salary cap of around 3.5 million. This is a waste of the cap if we also consider the cap will go down by the overall global economic barrier.

We seriously need some hungry players. That's why I want Leino, Lilja, and Helm on this team with Hossa. These guys want to capture the spot of the team or win the cup. We need players that can boost up the atmosphere of this team.

Regardless of the Wings' result this season, the list we have to not resign or trade

-Stuart

-Kopecky

-Chellios

-Lebda

-Kronwall(chance)

-Samuelsson

etc...

Sorry it was bad coaching. Don't just chip the puck in when you have both of their def in our zone. If the coach didn't tell them to do that then why would they. I thought the wings played a great game till someone told them to stop. Columbus would have lost to us if they played that way! The NHL is not static it is always changing. We played to our weakness DEFENSE. Two more goals and the fans would have been happy and the players confidence been revived. BAD COACHING that is comimg from a pee wee coach folks.

Please please please... stay in pee wee.

Guest lilja4mvp
I'd really like to hear why you're having this attitude, what purpose it serves, and why you're trying to convince people that they should have it also.

the purpose it serves is keeping me grounded in reality, sport.

you don't win the stanley cup with defense and goaltending like the wings have had this season.

period.

I'll do you one better, about a month ago I went to a wings game. My buddy left to go to the washroom, and I heard them, the couple behind me, talking about how they hate when people get their own names on the back of their jerseys. I WAS WEARING MY DATSYUK JERSEY...

^ That's all that I can come up with in response to that.