• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/12 GDT: Flames 6 at Red Wings 5 (SO)

Rate this topic

Some of the blind homers on this board need to stop acting like they're so much better than everyone else.

This forum isn't some "feat of faith" where people should be tested. It's an internet fan forum. People should be concerned about the goaltending and defense, and most people are smart enough to know that being near last in defense doesn't ever equate to winning the Stanley Cup. The fact that we have one of the best records in the league is good, but as we've seen in the past, that doesn't really matter come playoff time.

You guys are internet NAZI'S. Stop this self-righteous crap.

Guest mindfly

anyone catched the post-game interviews? was it the same old story or some new stuff?

Conklin did play horrible, as a goalie he just had to be mediocre and he couldn't do that. He has been better then Ozzie but he blew it, but the team as a whole did have a part in this fail because they didn't play the last 20 minutes of the game and lost to what i think is a joke of a team, especially offensively. Seriously we lost a 3 goal lead, DRW get your s*** together and finish off bum ass teams please! Kiprussoff won that game despite letting in 5 goals that is how sad the Calgary flamers are and yet we let them off the hook and say "here you go, have 2 points," sad, pathetic and Fail!

P.S I ******* hate handing over wins to suck ass teams that have no business in the game.

it's embarrassing to me how many people on here treat one loss like the demise of the entire season... pathetic, simply no other way to describe it.

name the last team to go 82-0, please, and you'll have my attention.

otherwise, save it.

Yes, you are right. But also very wrong. By in large the Wings goaltending and D have been terrible in nearly every game, I would say, over 70%. And yes, the Wings still do win a huge number of games. BUT the point is, in the play-offs, goaltending tends to win more series then just scoring. If Mason, or Rinne, or basically any guy goes on a 2-3 game hot streak, Wings are out. The Wings have won every single game by pure out-scoring opponents, not by shutting them down defensively, and as we've seen nearly every year, that's not how to win a Cup.

Hate to be positive when so many people are quick to claim the Wings as dead, but if the Blues can hold on for another period we'll still be on top of the West (with them having 2 games in hand, but it's better than nothing). Also tied for 1st in the NHL, with 1 less game played than the Bruins. Admittedly it could be better, but with people spouting off garbage as some are, it's good to take a step back and look at the big picture.

They played a very bad period of hockey, everyone gets that.

Anyway 1st post (if memory serves), and I guess if this kind of game gets rid of bandwagoners and/or wakes the Wings up a bit it might be a necessary evil.

While I agree with those that says these boards turn into bridge jumping lunatics everytime the Wings lose, and then turn into flame wars....tonight got to me. Because I knew it was coming. In an hour, I won't care, but right now, I'm down, a little pissed, and for some reason curiously aroused.

Guest Shoreline
However, we have to blame Conklin on this game. Unlike the mid of the season, he has been atrocious lately.

Um. No. We don't have to blame Conklin. It was not his fault for not taking players in front of the net so they couldn't tip the puck past him, not Conklin's fault no one took a player and let him go around the net right to the front of it and backhand the puck from two feet away. Not Conklin's fault Z tried a very low percentage dipsy-doodle shootout attempt. It IS his fault for the few he let in that should have been a save like the five hole one that trickled past. However, this entire team contributed to the loss, despite the mention of a few players. Not Ozzie's fault, not Z's fault, not Conk's fault, not Babs fault -- the team's.

I'm not gonna say this team is done for. But NO ONE should be shocked should they lose in the first round.

I recall you saying something stupid like that last year and you had to eat the biggest smelliest s***tiest tasting pile of crow ever so just crawl back into your hole troll !!

Guest Shoreline
Wait, someone is paying adamic money to coach a hockey team?

Ooooh Lord.

I bet he's also a HOFer.

Conklin did play horrible, as a goalie he just had to be mediocre and he couldn't do that. He has been better then Ozzie but he blew it, but the team as a whole did have a part in this fail because they didn't play the last 20 minutes of the game and lost to what i think is a joke of a team, especially offensively. Seriously we lost a 3 goal lead, DRW get your s*** together and finish off bum ass teams please! Kiprussoff won that game despite letting in 5 goals that is how sad the Calgary flamers are and yet we let them off the hook and say "here you go, have 2 points," sad, pathetic and Fail!

P.S I ******* hate handing over wins to suck ass teams that have no business in the game.

Calgary is hardly a suck ass team. On the whole, we're better than them - but that team is stock filled with potential and talent. "Suck ass"? I certainly don't think so.

Guest Shoreline
I'm not gonna say this team is done for. But NO ONE should be shocked should they lose in the first round.

So does that mean you're done posting? If you're going to write this team off, let's at least write you off too. Fair is fair.

Some of the blind homers on this board need to stop acting like they're so much better than everyone else.

This forum isn't some "feat of faith" where people should be tested. It's an internet fan forum. People should be concerned about the goaltending and defense, and most people are smart enough to know that being near last in defense doesn't ever equate to winning the Stanley Cup. The fact that we have one of the best records in the league is good, but as we've seen in the past, that doesn't really matter come playoff time.

Yeah, how about no. I'm not going to suddenly stop being irritated by unhinged loons who lose their marbles when we lose and play Chicken Little to the screaming throngs. That ain't me. I don't pretend that nothing is wrong, I don't turn a blind eye to glaring problems. I also don't dig the team's grave before they're dead and then act all shocked when people climb up my tailpipe for it. You want to call that being an "internet Nazi" and "self-righteous", you go right on ahead. I don't think I'm a better person or a better fan than anyone else here, what I think I'm better at is USING PERSPECTIVE TO GUIDE MY FEELINGS.

You know, the p-word.

Yes, you are right. But also very wrong. By in large the Wings goaltending and D have been terrible in nearly every game, I would say, over 70%. And yes, the Wings still do win a huge number of games. BUT the point is, in the play-offs, goaltending tends to win more series then just scoring. If Mason, or Rinne, or basically any guy goes on a 2-3 game hot streak, Wings are out. The Wings have won every single game by pure out-scoring opponents, not by shutting them down defensively, and as we've seen nearly every year, that's not how to win a Cup.

you've managed to do absolutely nothing to support how my claim was incorrect. bravo.

care to try again?

it's simple... i said that it's one game... care to argue that point?

i also said i'd like somebody to introduce me to a team that has gone 82-0... can you?

care to put any more words in my mouth, or have you gotten your fill?

do a little more homework before you start with the accusations... it will do us both a favor.

Guest Shoreline
Yeah, how about no. I'm not going to suddenly stop being irritated by unhinged loons who lose their marbles when we lose and play Chicken Little to the screaming throngs. That ain't me. I don't pretend that nothing is wrong, I don't turn a blind eye to glaring problems. I also don't dig the team's grave before they're dead and then act all shocked when people climb up my tailpipe for it. You want to call that being an "internet Nazi" and "self-righteous", you go right on ahead. I don't think I'm a better person or a better fan than anyone else here, what I think I'm better at is USING PERSPECTIVE TO GUIDE MY FEELINGS.

You know, the p-word.

That's exactly what Hitler would say if he were a Wings fan. :ph34r:

:lol:

Conklin did NOT play great. HE DID NOT PLAY GREAT. Saying that somehow if Ozzie was playing instead it would be a blowout is completely ignoring the fact that it is impossible to say how one person would play over the other AND the fact that Conklin was the goalie for the game and he completely s*** the bed in the last few minutes. That is on Conklin and our defense for not doing their jobs.

This absurd obsession with Babcock you have is completely unhealthy and unhinged. Grow up.

Okay, okay, you can man the booth too. In fact, you can be the one kicking them in the ass on the way down. You know, for extra distance.

So that is how you would have coached the game? Just go out and stay in your zone boys. I am 45 years old and saw the red wings before they moved to the Joe. You grow up. I was merely saying not to blame the goalie that stopped a lot of great shots when they should have never existed and just trying to make my point of view. Attack me I'll bet you just blame it on the wings. The coach is in control of an elite team. He made a mistake. I'm not going to insult you like you have me. I have 17 employees coach a hockey team and a high school football team. I will post pictures if you post pictures of your accomplishments. I played for Bowling Green in college and was damn good! Played every game from sophmore to senior.

Ditto. I don't get the entire elitist attitude that seems to fly around here. I never posted that I'm giving up on the team or anything like that, but it seems a lot of people on here try to act like any criticism is unholy. FFS, it's a sports team, we are fans, and as fans, should be able to discuss the team (and that includes criticism geared towards the team).

I recall you saying something stupid like that last year and you had to eat the biggest smelliest s***tiest tasting pile of crow ever so just crawl back into your hole troll !!

I think he made a good point so you don't have to misjudge his whole point. Like last season, people said the Sharks would win the cup because they had been hot at the end but we played a good hockey too.

However, different than that, if you consider the playoff hockey is a low scoring game, the Red Wings' now playing style cannot be fit to the playoff hockey style. In the playoff, what matters is a consistent goaltending and a scorer. We have scorers, a lot I think but we have to be nervous when 2nd defense pair is on the ice.

I personally don't think the Wings will go out in the 1st round but if they don't play with heart, no surprise they head to the golf course early.

So does that mean you're done posting? If you're going to write this team off, let's at least write you off too. Fair is fair.

All he said was to not be shocked if this team lost in the 1st round. What's wrong with that?

You and the other blind homers are overreacting and acting like this is some internet purge. Get off your high horses and stop blaming people for being angry. It's their right.

you've managed to do absolutely nothing to support how my claim was incorrect. bravo.

care to try again?

it's simple... i said that it's one game... care to argue that point?

i also said i'd like somebody to introduce me to a team that has gone 82-0... can you?

care to put any more words in my mouth, or have you gotten your fill?

do a little more homework before you start with the accusations... it will do us both a favor.

Chill out junior. Your point was it's just one game. Oh oh. My point was, nearly every game this season has been just like this one. Do you actually have any confidence in the way the Wings have been playing this season, will win them a Cup? This team is going down in the first round.

Edited by TheOwl