• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/12 GDT: Flames 6 at Red Wings 5 (SO)

Rate this topic

Oh yeah baby...oh um....ahem. I mean... :blush:

All bandwagoners wishing to jump ship will turn in their $50 to me. I only accept cash and certified checks. If you survive your first jump, you will be required to pay an additional $20 handling fee to bring you back on board.

Any questions should be directed to Electrophile.

I thought people were jumping off the Ambassador, not the Boards, the prior would be WAY more entertaining.

You're seriously blaming this on the goalie?

Wow.

Yeah, I'm sure its ALL Conklins fault that the Wings first shot of the 3rd period came with :41 left in the period.

We scored 5 goals and Conklin let in a couple of questionable ones. I don't see how you can be suprised at all that the goalie is going to get some blame in this situation.

Bottom line: We should have won. We didn't. But I still love this team and believe they can do better.. and do it soon.

That's it from me. Time for me to hop to bed to get ready for my birthday festivities tomorrow. (Turning 20. Oh dear...)

Who's kissing ass? So in your mind if you actually stand behind the team and refuse to play the doom and gloom game even if it's popular, you're an ass-kisser? What color is the sky in your world? There's a difference between being disappointed and angry and playing Chicken Little. I can see that......why can't you?

If you're going after other posters and accusing them of not being fans anymore, then yes you are wrong. Nobody is saying they don't want to be a fan anymore. Apparently, you can't see the difference and so you're putting words in other people's mouths.

Ah, but look at the time. I have to get up early tomorrow for crap at school, so keep posting away at each other.

so 20 years ago we had a worse defense. good point.

to put things back in perspective, this was the best defense in the league a year ago. you give it a rest. :thumbdown:

seriously... is this a joke?

you said this was the worst defense you have ever seen with the wings....

i will accept that with validity (arguably) if you began watching this team in the 90s but if not.... this year's defense doesn't come close to being the worst ever.

help me understand what exactly you meant if you've watched this team for longer than the past two decades.... i'm sincerely interested.

Bottom line: We should have won. We didn't. But I still love this team and believe they can do better.. and do it soon.

That's it from me. Time for me to hop to bed to get ready for my birthday festivities tomorrow. (Turning 20. Oh dear...)

Happy early Birthday!! One more year until you're legal to pound back Jager shots. Another game like this and I might suggest you do it now! LOL

Happy Birthday!

Wait, she probably has me on ignore......oh wells.

Why is there a statement calling specific people bandwagons? I think people who do not make any criticism on the Wings are bandwagons or just bunch of people who do not know anything about the sports.

If the team is playing great, they should be encouraged but when they play bad, they should be blamed hard. It does not matter we make points from this game or not. The point will not be our problem. 97 points right now and we are on pace to reach the point of 110 or more than that or less than that.

The problem of this team is that they have to rely everything on their offenses. Except for Lids, Raffy, Lilja, and Ericsson, can you guys ever feel comfortable when Stuart and Kronwall are on the ice? They just lost their playing style. They are not Lidstrom who can play the puck very well. They are big guys so they have to hit.

What happened to them this season? Did they forget how to hit over the summer? I did not see that many hits from Stuart and Kronwall.

This season's Wings is very similar to the Red Wings in 02-03 season, got upset by the Ducks in the first round. They had offenses but the problem of goaltending killed us in that time. There can be same happening this season.

What makes me still believe the Wings are on the way to repeat the cup is their offenses are insane and tons of veterans who can overcome the trouble. If we can play last 10 games with the great effort, we can be hot in the playoff. If not, don't know what's gonna happen

There's more to it than simply, +Hossa. League parity is at a high this season. Bad teams are kicking good team's asses this season. The Sharks are losing right now, and on a horrendous losing streak of their own. Boston just now turned things around after a horrible late Feb/Early March. Join us and start actually being happy the team is where it's at, rather than panicking after a loss. Take a wider view of the situation here. The Wings can't be kicking ass and going 82-0 every single season. Other teams are getting better. Other teams who aren't winning cups are hungrier. This team needs to stay hungry and it's damn hard. Bandwagon fans surely aren't helping other fans who have been here before.

Panic about one loss? No..But I am angry in the way it was lost......

Im all for chalking it up to bad days, guys tired?(whatever the case may be) But when you have a lead like that

it just should not of happened....

As unfortunate as this loss was, it was somewhat offset by the methodical dismantling of WhiteOut by the gang after his hilarious first post on this thread. One member after another taking him to task and picking him apart, point by point. I was impressed; so many different people chipped in and just humiliated him. Dude got pwned.

If you're going after other posters and accusing them of not being fans anymore, then yes you are wrong. Nobody is saying they don't want to be a fan anymore. Apparently, you can't see the difference and so you're putting words in other people's mouths.

No, what I'm doing is taking the words people are actually saying (not words I've made up) and using them against them. If they want to say the team is s***, we won't get past the 1st round, it's time to make tee times, we won't repeat.....yada yada yada, well......I'm throwing those words back in their faces. If they end up being right when all is said and done, then they end up being right. However, I prefer to think that we're in 1st place and fighting for the President's Trophy, with a team that is virtually the same as last year's Cup-winning squad. I have faith that the guys will hunker down and do what they need to in order to repeat.

We scored 5 goals and Conklin let in a couple of questionable ones. I don't see how you can be suprised at all that the goalie is going to get some blame in this situation.

Definitely. Conklin let in some stinkers, especially the first and fifth goals. There's no way he should have let those past him, he's gotta keep those areas covered. The five-hole goal (fourth goal?) wasn't that pretty either.

Guest Shoreline
Why is there a statement calling specific people bandwagons? I think people who do not make any criticism on the Wings are bandwagons or just bunch of people who do not know anything about the sports.

Maybe you didn't bother reading these people's posts, but the few who got all sorts of "bandwagoner" posts their way have been either writing the Wings off, calling this season over as of now, or are defending these posters. Not really much else besides bandwagoner panicking crap that we're so accustomed to.

Happy early Birthday!! One more year until you're legal to pound back Jager shots. Another game like this and I might suggest you do it now! LOL

Thank you! I could just go to Windsor and pound back Jager shots.. but you definitely have a point there. :P

Happy Birthday!

Wait, she probably has me on ignore......oh wells.

Haha, no. I don't ignore people. No worries.

Thank you! :)

G'night. ^_^

I don't know about you guys.. but what I saw this game almost made me more confident that this team will do well in the playoffs and has a shot at repeating.

We played against one of the best teams in the West, one that many hold as a Stanley Cup contender after their deadline moves. They also were on a losing streak and were looking to end it.

Consider we didn't have Hossa, our hungriest player and our best goalscorer and we still scored 5 on what is considered one of the better goalies in the league.

We didn't have Lilja, one of most consistantly good defensive d-men this season, and our best shot-blocker.

We also didn't have Helm and Leino, two players that bring great depth and give us dangerous 3rd and 4th lines along with that hunger and "something to prove"-attitude of young players.

In the playoffs, we will have all those players. And everyone else will be even more willing to sacrifice themselves, blocking shots and not taking it easy just because they have the lead.

What I saw for the most part of this game was a team that proves they step it up when it counts. In the 3rd it felt like they knew they had proven they can play when it matters, and they sat back on the lead and it cost them. That won't happen in the playoffs.

Despite the loss, this game gave me a lot of the answers I wanted out of this game.

No, what I'm doing is taking the words people are actually saying (not words I've made up) and using them against them. If they want to say the team is s***, we won't get past the 1st round, it's time to make tee times, we won't repeat.....yada yada yada, well......I'm throwing those words back in their faces. If they end up being right when all is said and done, then they end up being right. However, I prefer to think that we're in 1st place and fighting for the President's Trophy, with a team that is virtually the same as last year's Cup-winning squad. I have faith that the guys will hunker down and do what they need to in order to repeat.

what i find interesting is that people are actually defending that they should feel anything other than what is described above. it's beyond me.... electrophile spells it out with precision... we're not pleased with the loss but we refuse to hang our heads and believe that this defeat (or any like it) spells immediate doom to this season.

please, go back and watch some of the footage from last season... i'll entertain people who want to present a valid argument for why anyone should believe that the wings are as good as hopeless (borrowing others' words, not my own)... however, i highly doubt anyone can present a solid enough platform that undeniably proves why we should just all pack it an and chalk this season up as a lesson learned.

seriously... all are welcome to try.

Who's kissing ass? So in your mind if you actually stand behind the team and refuse to play the doom and gloom game even if it's popular, you're an ass-kisser? What color is the sky in your world? There's a difference between being disappointed and angry and playing Chicken Little. I can see that......why can't you?

There is also a difference between being a realist and seeing everything through rose-colored glasses! I can see that......why can't you?

As unfortunate as this loss was, it was somewhat offset by the methodical dismantling of WhiteOut by the gang after his hilarious first post on this thread. One member after another taking him to task and picking him apart, point by point. I was impressed; so many different people chipped in and just humiliated him. Dude got pwned.

:thumbup:

Nothing like a good old group-beatdown of a troll.

It's possible for fans to think "You know, I just don't think our team has what it takes this year" and still be fans of the team. It doesn't mean they're necessarily bandwagoners or anything like that. I don't know why you take such pride in attempting to belittle people on this board. It's kinda... :blink:

There is also a difference between being a realist and seeing everything through rose-colored glasses! I can see that......why can't you?

I don't see anything through rose-colored glasses. This team is flawed. I've said that before, I'll keep saying it. The difference between them and me is I don't think those flaws are unfixable and the death of the team. Realism is great when it's tempered by perspective.

please, go back and watch some of the footage from last season... i'll entertain people who want to present a valid argument for why anyone should believe that the wings are as good as hopeless (borrowing others' words, not my own)... however, i highly doubt anyone can present a solid enough platform that undeniably proves why we should just all pack it an and chalk this season up as a lesson learned.

seriously... all are welcome to try.

Ummm the differences between last year's goaltending and defense and this year is night and day...

Is it just me or am I the only one who sees this?