917 replies to this topic

#761 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE (Electrophile @ March 12, 2009 - 10:11PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not even kidding when I say this. When the Wings lose, be it by 1 goal or 10........too many people around here turn into whiny bridge-jumping lunatics. So far, it's Babcock's fault we lost, the Wings won't win the Stanley Cup this year and we suck, suck, suckity-suck. Is that all? Did I miss any of the stunning insight many of you are sharing with us?

..... yeah they make Manny Legace look like a ray of never ending sunshine!!!! laugh.gif fools! its ONE GAME!

... and we got another point in the standings

Just one chance is all i ever wanted...just one time i'd like to win the game...from now on i'll take the chance if i can have it...just one just one

#762 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:24 PM

They better come out with a vengeance against St. Louis and carry it over to the Jackets. It's time to stop messing around the playoffs are almost a month away, and this team is coasting. Time to step it up a notch to playoff hockey playing defense and protecting the goaltender.

#763 Lovin Jiri Fischer

Lovin Jiri Fischer

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:25 PM

Either way you look at it, we should not have to score 6 goals to win a game, especially when we had a 3-goal lead at one point. T-minus one month till playoffs. Will the boys step it up, or will they choke?

#764 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:26 PM

QUOTE (Ms_Hockey @ March 12, 2009 - 10:20PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's nice to know that true fans actually exist. I was pretty sure we were going extinct.

This is what I do to temper my anger when the guys screw up. I was a fan of the team back when Bowman wasn't coaching yet and we couldn't buy a win with someone else's money. I remember when we were the Dead Things. That is vividly implanted in my brain.

We are absolutely nowhere near the level of suckitude those teams were. Nowhere. So when people start going unglued when we lose, I remind myself it's been worse and it will get better. If they don't want to have any kind of perspective, that's not my problem, now is it?

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#765 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

QUOTE (spydrwebb @ March 12, 2009 - 07:23PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it's embarrassing to me how many people on here treat one loss like the demise of the entire season... pathetic, simply no other way to describe it.

name the last team to go 82-0, please, and you'll have my attention.

otherwise, save it.

Yep, bandwagoners unite! It's like mosquitoes coming out from their stagnant bandwagon water at night.

#766 redwing_sparty

redwing_sparty

MICHIGAN STATE 08-09 BIG TEN BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS!!!

• PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

i've been less than impressed with the wings lately. that said they're in the top three teams in the league every night. playoff hockey stirs the emotions and gets guys to play their best. the wings will get hossa back soon, homer will get back in shape to get back on the 1st line and come playoff time the wings will be firing on all cylinders. at least this is what i am telling myself to kill time till the playoffs start.

#767 adamic

adamic

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:27 PM

Sorry it was bad coaching. Don't just chip the puck in when you have both of their def in our zone. If the coach didn't tell them to do that then why would they. I thought the wings played a great game till someone told them to stop. Columbus would have lost to us if they played that way! The NHL is not static it is always changing. We played to our weakness DEFENSE. Two more goals and the fans would have been happy and the players confidence been revived. BAD COACHING that is comimg from a pee wee coach folks.

#768 Ms_Hockey

Ms_Hockey

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

QUOTE (spydrwebb @ March 12, 2009 - 10:23PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it's embarrassing to me how many people on here treat one loss like the demise of the entire season... pathetic, simply no other way to describe it.

otherwise, save it.

/Start bandwagon voice.

"LIKE, DUH, THE DETROIT RED WINGS LAST SEASON WHEN GORDIE HOWE SCORED EIGHTY HAT TRICKS, YZERMAN SCORED TWO, AND OVECHKIN WAS JUST A YOUNG PLAYER ON OUR TEAM!"

/End bandwagon voice.
QUOTE (Datsyerberger @ January 19, 2009 - 01:32PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A new Lemieux-McCarty fight, as seen by internet forum posters.

Lemieux cheapshots a player with his walker, drawing the ire of D-Mac, who hobbles over. They draw their canes, salute, and cross them, then proceed to repeatedly whack eachother over the heads while hanging onto the bench with their other hands for balance. D-Mac then hits Lemieux's hip, which gives out, Lemieux feebly falls to the ground, crumpling as D-Mac continues to land barely noticeable Yoda-esque cane strikes. Lemieux's age begins catching up to him, crying "what a world, what a world..!" as he melts into a puddle of goo.

#769 Blaayze

Blaayze

Summer... wakeboard... can't wait.

• PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

QUOTE (Ms_Hockey @ March 12, 2009 - 10:17PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Agreed.

If they want to dish their money out to the Red Wings while maintaining to little to no actual knowledge on how a team, especially the RW, operates - be my guest. Just keep your mouth shut doing it.

I went to a game this season and overheard the guy behind me asking his buddy why Steve Yzerman wasn't on the ice. Steve Yzerman! Really! And then he pretended as if he was some all-knowing Red Wing god afterwards. It's absolutely ridiculous.

I'll do you one better, about a month ago I went to a wings game. My buddy left to go to the washroom, and I heard them, the couple behind me, talking about how they hate when people get their own names on the back of their jerseys. I WAS WEARING MY DATSYUK JERSEY...

Edited by Blaayze, 12 March 2009 - 09:28 PM.

Posted Image

#770 Electrophile

Electrophile

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:28 PM

QUOTE (syntax @ March 12, 2009 - 10:24PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Take bets on what would kill them first, the drop or the toxicity of the Detroit River? wink.gif

My God, we could have a cottage industry going here. Ms_Hockey can be in charge of the betting tables. In a span of a week, we could have Detroit flush again.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#771 Wingsallwin

Wingsallwin

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts

Let me briefly summarize. This game was just a terrible game I mentioned before. However, we have to blame Conklin on this game. Unlike the mid of the season, he has been atrocious lately. Well, except for the game against the Avs but this is not the game we want. I thought we would win on the 2nd period of the game but I still felt nervous because this team let so many times that other teams would come back. No different story than that and it just happened on the ice.

Different than the last season, I never felt comfortable even though when we lead by pair of goals. This is not a type of play that can be alive in the playoff. By now, I do not see this team can go far in the playoff. It is not a problem of offense, defense, goaltending, attendace, or coaching. The problem is on players' mind. Are they still in the feeling of enjoying last year's stanley cup champs?

I really don't know that no movement in the trade dead line was good or not. At that time, I thought no move on anyone in the Wings was a good thing but if I think right now, I think we had to fix the problem of goaltending. Backstrom had a trouble to resign with the Wild and if we made an offer by trading Backstrom to Stuart, that would be good.

Trade deadline is over so we cannot regret but this kind of game is repeating all year long. With blaming Conklin tonight, we have to blame our 2nd line pair. What were they doing tonight? Kronwall just got some stupid penalites and Stuart was just standing apart and watched the puck went into the net.

They have talnets but they are being lazy since the first game of the season. I think Nick has been fine and Rafalski is still producing points. Ericsson has been enough but what are Kronwall and Stuart? At least Kronwall produces points while Stuart is doing nothing this season with the salary cap of around 3.5 million. This is a waste of the cap if we also consider the cap will go down by the overall global economic barrier.

We seriously need some hungry players. That's why I want Leino, Lilja, and Helm on this team with Hossa. These guys want to capture the spot of the team or win the cup. We need players that can boost up the atmosphere of this team.

Regardless of the Wings' result this season, the list we have to not resign or trade

-Stuart
-Kopecky
-Chellios
-Lebda
-Kronwall(chance)
-Samuelsson

etc...
My MSN: kim.kang@hotmail.com

Go Wings Go!

#772 Ms_Hockey

Ms_Hockey

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

QUOTE (adamic @ March 12, 2009 - 10:27PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry it was bad coaching. Don't just chip the puck in when you have both of their def in our zone. If the coach didn't tell them to do that then why would they. I thought the wings played a great game till someone told them to stop. Columbus would have lost to us if they played that way! The NHL is not static it is always changing. We played to our weakness DEFENSE. Two more goals and the fans would have been happy and the players confidence been revived. BAD COACHING that is comimg from a pee wee coach folks.

Please please please... stay in pee wee.

Lemieux cheapshots a player with his walker, drawing the ire of D-Mac, who hobbles over. They draw their canes, salute, and cross them, then proceed to repeatedly whack eachother over the heads while hanging onto the bench with their other hands for balance. D-Mac then hits Lemieux's hip, which gives out, Lemieux feebly falls to the ground, crumpling as D-Mac continues to land barely noticeable Yoda-esque cane strikes. Lemieux's age begins catching up to him, crying "what a world, what a world..!" as he melts into a puddle of goo.

#773 Reilly

Reilly

Winning debates all across LGW.com

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:29 PM

I'm not gonna say this team is done for. But NO ONE should be shocked should they lose in the first round.

#774 lilja4mvp

lilja4mvp

i hate you all

• PipPip
  • 409 posts

QUOTE (Crymson @ March 12, 2009 - 09:17PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd really like to hear why you're having this attitude, what purpose it serves, and why you're trying to convince people that they should have it also.

the purpose it serves is keeping me grounded in reality, sport.

you don't win the stanley cup with defense and goaltending like the wings have had this season.

period.

#775 Ms_Hockey

Ms_Hockey

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

QUOTE (Blaayze @ March 12, 2009 - 10:27PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll do you one better, about a month ago I went to a wings game. My buddy left to go to the washroom, and I heard them, the couple behind me, talking about how they hate when people get their own names on the back of their jerseys. I WAS WEARING MY DATSYUK JERSEY...

^ That's all that I can come up with in response to that.

#776 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,954 posts

Some of the blind homers on this board need to stop acting like they're so much better than everyone else.

This forum isn't some "feat of faith" where people should be tested. It's an internet fan forum. People should be concerned about the goaltending and defense, and most people are smart enough to know that being near last in defense doesn't ever equate to winning the Stanley Cup. The fact that we have one of the best records in the league is good, but as we've seen in the past, that doesn't really matter come playoff time.

You guys are internet NAZI'S. Stop this self-righteous crap.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#777 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:30 PM

anyone catched the post-game interviews? was it the same old story or some new stuff?

#778 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Conklin did play horrible, as a goalie he just had to be mediocre and he couldn't do that. He has been better then Ozzie but he blew it, but the team as a whole did have a part in this fail because they didn't play the last 20 minutes of the game and lost to what i think is a joke of a team, especially offensively. Seriously we lost a 3 goal lead, DRW get your s*** together and finish off bum ass teams please! Kiprussoff won that game despite letting in 5 goals that is how sad the Calgary flamers are and yet we let them off the hook and say "here you go, have 2 points," sad, pathetic and Fail!

P.S If****** hate handing over wins to suck ass teams that have no business in the game.

#779 Electrophile

Electrophile

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Wait, someone is paying adamic money to coach a hockey team?

Ooooh Lord.

#780 TheOwl

TheOwl

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

QUOTE (spydrwebb @ March 12, 2009 - 06:23PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

otherwise, save it.

Yes, you are right. But also very wrong. By in large the Wings goaltending and D have been terrible in nearly every game, I would say, over 70%. And yes, the Wings still do win a huge number of games. BUT the point is, in the play-offs, goaltending tends to win more series then just scoring. If Mason, or Rinne, or basically any guy goes on a 2-3 game hot streak, Wings are out. The Wings have won every single game by pure out-scoring opponents, not by shutting them down defensively, and as we've seen nearly every year, that's not how to win a Cup.